What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Palace of Laughter (The Wednesday Tales, #1)
This topic is about The Palace of Laughter
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. boy "Friday", girl "Little" in circus [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new) - added it

Emma | 2 comments Im looking for a novel i read in the year 2007. It was in hardcover when I read it, and it was a fantasy sort of young-people book (I was in sixth grade when I read it). It was about a young boy, an orphan, i think, who was named Friday because that was the day they found him or brought him in or whatever. He's at a circus and he meets a little girl who is looking for her older brother, and he calls her "Little". Little is some sort of fairy or magical being of some sort, and she can listen to the "songs" of souls of living things, or something like that. Near the end, this big horrid animal is about to kill Friday, but Little saves him with this power of hers. Sound familiar to anyone? the most solid detail i remember is the boy's name....

message 2: by Rebecca (last edited Jul 07, 2011 05:10PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rebecca (liralin) | 197 comments You're looking for The Palace of Laughter by Jon Berkeley. The main character is an orphan, and his name is actually Miles Wednesday, and the little angel's name IS Little. They are part of the Circus Oscuro, and the big horrid animal is known as the Null. Everything you remember is part of that first book.

The Palace of Laughter The Wednesday Tales No. 1 (Julie Andrews Collection) by Jon Berkeley

First book in a 3 book series, the Wednesday Tales. If you liked the first one, the other 2 were really great as well.

message 3: by Emma (new) - added it

Emma | 2 comments Rebecca wrote: "You're looking for The Palace of Laughter by Jon Berkeley. The main character is an orphan, and his name is actually Miles Wednesday, and the little angel's name IS Little. They are part of the C..."

thank you so much!!! yep thats definitely my book. I can't believe i got the boy's name wrong though....

Rebecca (liralin) | 197 comments Ah, Friday -- Wednesday...You can easily see how you could get that mixed up. And you had all of the other details spot on, so it made it very easy to recognize.

Glad I could help! :)