Creative Reviews discussion

YA Fiction > New YA Folder

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy Eye (new)

Amy Eye | 1841 comments Mod
This folder will be for YA Fiction. The other folder will be for YA Fantasy/Paranormal and such! :)

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Burke | 17 comments Hello Goodreads!

I would love to have reviewers check out my second YA novel, The Ahimsa Club. Let me know if you're interested and I'll make sure you get a coupon for a free copy. In one sense, it's about a serious subject--animal rights. But for the most part, it's a fast-paced, often humorous narrative, about teenagers becoming passionate about a cause that is deeply unpopular and dealing with the "blowback" from friends and family.

The Ahimsa Club
Ebook Price: $0.99 USD. 53890 words. Fiction by Rebecca Burke on September 20, 2011
A school assembly opens Valerie’s eyes to the horror of animal abuse. But what can a 14-year-old girl do to protect animals? With others, Valerie forms the Ahimsa Club and launches the Pledge to Veg and Save the Strays campaigns. As rumors spread, she risks losing her best friends along with her reputation. Help comes from an amazing source: a famous rock star who shares the club's views.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Amy, All of my current works are suitable for YA and older. I will send an ebook review copy directly to anyone who asks for one at 4stagewalker@gmail.com. The work I am most interested in getting reviews for is the newest, Heron Baby Island, which I have announced in other recent posts.

When the girl of his dreams trips over a high school nature photographer bringing them face to face for the first time catching him in the act of photographing a rare bird, in order to prove his worth to her, he initiates a project that will change the lives of everyone around him.

Bob Cherny

message 4: by Fran (new)

Fran Veal (franveal) | 6 comments Hi, I'm looking for reviews of my book, FINDING MY ESCAPE. If you'll shoot me an email (fran.veal@yahoo.com), I'll give you a coupon code via Smashwords. Here's the synopsis:

Hannah Jordan's life is shattered when she walks in on the double homicide of her parents. She wakes up in the hospital with no recollection of what transpired…until the nightmares begin. Hannah desperately seeks a way to escape the pain of remembering by running the beautiful mountain trails behind her aunt's home. When she meets seemingly perfect Josh during one of her runs, she believes she has finally found her safe haven. Or has she?
As Hannah's mind compels her to relive that night, she is disturbed by the idea that she is forgetting something important. Aided by her best friend, Matt, she begins to uncover clues indicating that what she had believed was a simple home invasion was actually something much more sinister. And the killer is still out there.
FINDING MY ESCAPE is a 55,000 word young adult novel mixing romance with suspense and a twist of the paranormal

message 5: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Thanks for sharing everyone!!! :)

message 6: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 474 comments My YA book End of the Line (Volume 1) by Ottilie Weber is free for all e-readers this weekend only! You can get your copy here: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/40242 I hope you all take advantage of this offer :)

End of the Line
When so much is lost how does one to have the strength to move on? At seventeen Lauren was prepared for yet another year of school. Then asteroids hit, killing all of those she knew except for a few other teens from her neighborhood. Joining forces with her classmate Aaron, they work together on the journey in the hopes of finding more people that are alive. On the way, threats of starvation, illness, and freezing to death don’t compare to the danger of Dean Manson. Manson is an ex-con out for revenge against Aaron. With so much working against them these teens fight for everything even if it means denying their feelings just for the chance to see a new day

message 7: by Monet (new)

Monet (monetp) News for readers: Since two days ago I finished the first draft of the second book in the Chasing Fools series, The Lincoln Spy will be available for .99 cents starting August 31, 2014 to September 7, 2014!
Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/Lincoln-Spy-Cha...