Good YA Series discussion

Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)
This topic is about Hush, Hush
Hush, Hush > What do you think of Hush, Hush (whole book)?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 70 (70 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Crystal (last edited Aug 10, 2011 12:37PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Crystal (crystalways) | 305 comments Mod
What'd you guys think of the book Hush, Hush in its entirety?
Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick
I personally thought it was a good book, and I will admit, I might have been a little harsh with my rating. The only reason I gave it a 4 stars is because I didn't think it was as good as it could have been. No one really had a clue what was going on until the very end of the book.

Now I still say it was a good book because it was funny, witty, and even dark at times. I think it has a lot of potential to become a great paranormal series.

Vee's my favorite even though she isn't as prominent a character as Nora or Patch. It's because I relate to her more. We both have curves. ;) Who's your favorite character?

To see this book's poll click here.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I LOVED this book!! ! I do admit that it could have been better, but I gave it five stars because of Patch. Patch was pure awesomeness!! ! Iloved the whole connection between Patch and Nora, and I also loved how Nora knew how to handle things on her own. Vee was quite awesome as well, and her crazy diets made me laugh. Overall, I loved it.

Sporty No1 | 21 comments i liked the story line it was good

Sporty No1 | 21 comments and patch was my fav character

Kristen | 3 comments I liked it :) but I agree you didnt really get what was going on till the end. Vee was my favoirte because of all the crazy stuff she convinced Nora to do, like wearing a blonde wig and shark heels and shes very out going

Kristen wrote: "I liked it :) but I agree you didnt really get what was going on till the end. Vee was my favoirte because of all the crazy stuff she convinced Nora to do, like wearing a blonde wig and shark heels..."

I know Vee is crazy hilarious.

Kimi (kimisokool) Kristen wrote: "I liked it :) but I agree you didnt really get what was going on till the end. Vee was my favoirte because of all the crazy stuff she convinced Nora to do, like wearing a blonde wig and shark heels..."

LOL that was so funny wasn't it! I couldn't believe she really did that to spy on him. I just don't know; Vee is a little too much talk lol but I really did love it. Everything came together at the end. What I don't like is when you still don't know what the hell is going on at the end of a book.

Kimi (kimisokool) Crystal wrote: "What'd you guys think of the book Hush, Hush in its entirety?
I personally thought it was a good book, and I will admit, I might have been a little harsh with my ra..."

I love that Vee has curves too! Most characters in books don't and it bugs me. But she got Nora into all kinds of trouble. I still gave it 5 stars because overall I didn't have any major issues about the plot or the book as a whole. While I was reading I didn't have any problems with the book, but then I start comparing it to other books and that's when I ruin it. It was great for what it was and Patch I absolutely love. He's funny, confident, sexy and sarcastic. I like that! And he's always there for you. =) Every time I think about 5 star ratings, I feel like I made the wrong choice. I feel like I should go back and change it to 4 stars. The only series that I've felt confident about giving 5 stars is Vampire Academy.

★ Kimi ★ wrote: "Crystal wrote: "What'd you guys think of the book Hush, Hush in its entirety?
I personally thought it was a good book, and I will admit, I might have been a little ha..."

Sometimes I feel that way too. I'll a good book that I really like and give it five stars, but then I read other reviews with 3 or 4 stars. All of a sudden, all those things that annoyed them start to nag at me.

message 10: by Kimi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kimi (kimisokool) It's usually after I read 3 other books and then I start comparing and then I think about other books I've read too. It's crazy lol I think I think too much! =/

Megan (mwink1234) | 2 comments I LOVED THIS BOOK WITH ALL OF MY HEART!!!! but maybe thats just the dorky romantic in me. i love Patch and Nora and i love what they have even though its forbidden. i admit. i was SOOOO confused up until the very end, but i kind of enjoyed trying to figure it all out.

Sporty No1 | 21 comments @megan dont you feel nora is a BIT selfcentred?

Sporty wrote: "@megan dont you feel nora is a BIT selfcentred?"

She does sometimes have a tendency to just focus on herself, but it's not like i disliked her for that quality particularly. I think it makes her more realistic that she isn't so perfect.

Love_books | 23 comments i'll give hush hush a 4.5 i liked patch but crescendo wasnt really mindblowing nora was acting like a jealous pig throughout the book and i hated how patch kept her in dark the whole time

Megan (mwink1234) | 2 comments Sporty wrote: "@megan dont you feel nora is a BIT selfcentred?"

I dont know. Maye she is a little self centered. But i have yet to meet a teenage girl who isnt :) it made the book a little more interesting.

Love_books wrote: "i'll give hush hush a 4.5 i liked patch but crescendo wasnt really mindblowing nora was acting like a jealous pig throughout the book and i hated how patch kept her in dark the whole time"

Are you talking about the 1st or 2nd book?

Love_books | 23 comments actually im talkin about both lol sorry but part of it is the 1st and part is 2nd

i haven't started crescendo yet (i'm gonna read it after i finish bloodlines), but i do agree it was annoying that Patch kept her in the dark for almost the whole book. I hope that doesn't happen in the next book.

message 19: by Mandy (last edited Sep 04, 2011 01:53AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mandy  (ladyguinevere) Hush, Hush was disappointing to me. The idea/theme of this book could have been worked out so much better than Becca did. I give it 2/2,5 stars. I liked Patch's attitude towards Nora, it was funny to read their dialogues. But a lot of things in the book were unbelievable and strange and made me shake my head. Nora is a stupid cow, surrendering to the boy whom she's gotten to believe wants to kill her. Then again, she sort of suspects *everyone* to have a hidden agenda. What's up with that paranoia? Is it because her mother left her *alone* after her dad was killed only 1 year before?
Also, I didn't like all the mysterious accidents. I felt like was watching 'Final Destination'. Yuck.

Oh and doesn't anyone find the idea that Patch, the fallen angel, can't *feel* things (like on his skin) weird? It fits right into the category of sparkling-vampire-skin to me...

I started reading 'Crescendo' because I hope things will improve. But so far Nora's made a mess of things and hasn't learned anything from the past. She's still paranoid and chases everyone around. GET A LIFE girl!

Sara (♥ hearts Alec Lightwood♥) | 28 comments hush hush was just AMAZING! patch is awesome too..

Jurga | 37 comments I just can't keep silent (lol) about it... Pre-ordered the "Silence" and it's shipped for me today... I'm amazed !!! Should have it in 3-5 days. WOW !

Abigail (greyangel) | 3 comments HUSH HUSH IS AWSOME I WOULD READ THIS EVERY DAY IF COULD I HAVE READ ALL THE BOOKS EVEN THE NEW ONES AND I STILL FALL IN LOVE WITH PATCH EACH TIME NORA IS LUCKY EVEN IF THERE NOT REAL PPL GD JOB BECCA FITZPATICK

message 23: by Tara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tara (taterbeans) | 19 comments i love Hush Hush and i LOVE PATCH!!!!! OMGoodness!!!!! he is confident, sexy and mysterious. even his cockyness is wonderful!!!! nora is a bit annoying at times however i had a chance to go to a book signing with becca and after hearing her story and how she came up with the concepts and her background before writing, i understand nora more and it doesn't bother me as much. i love vee and i love the humor. it was different and im so in love!!!!!

Jurga | 37 comments Just finished Silence, gosh it was way too quick :/ I was left with the feeling that it isn't over, searched the net and tadaaaa... 4th book is coming . I felt disapointed for the time I'll have to wait though... fall 2012... in a year !!! :(

message 25: by Tara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tara (taterbeans) | 19 comments oh i know!!!! silence is amazing!!!!! i really like that it was a totally different way to do a 3rd book!!!! mmmmmm but ya so cant wait for the 4th book!!!!!

message 26: by Azeza (new) - rated it 1 star

Azeza | 2 comments Most teribble series I've ever read.

message 27: by Azeza (new) - rated it 1 star

Azeza | 2 comments Mandy wrote: "Hush, Hush was disappointing to me. The idea/theme of this book could have been worked out so much better than Becca did. I give it 2/2,5 stars. I liked Patch's attitude towards Nora, it was funny ..."

You're totally right XD!

Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always (aimeereads) I gave it 3 stars. The book itself was good, but I hated all the characters except Jules & Rixon.

Nora was a -----.
Patch was so full of himself.
Vee was a terrible friend. She made no sense:/
Marcie was even better than Nora, but she was also a -----.

Sorry for the bad comments, here are some good ones:
(1) Jules and Elliot were good characters.
(2) I loved violence, and there was a lot of it here.
(3) Fitzpatrick made a believable world of fallen angels.

Claire | 9 comments I loved this book! It is one of my favourits and i even have it on Audio.

Paulie (pauliemeatsix) | 3 comments I really love this SERIES!!! :D I can't wait for the fourth book :))

Claire | 9 comments I know!!!!! Do you think Becca will REALLY finish on the 4th?

Paulie (pauliemeatsix) | 3 comments she must. She already put our hopes up!! :D I wonder what it'll be called

Claire | 9 comments Who cares as long as it has a little more Patch and less Scott this time!

Paulie (pauliemeatsix) | 3 comments I know!!! I want that too :)

message 35: by June (new)

June | 1 comments Crystal wrote: "What'd you guys think of the book Hush, Hush in its entirety?
I personally thought it was a good book, and I will admit, I might have been a little harsh with my rati..."

I've only read the first book so far,but have the second one on the shelf. I'm not a big fan, but I liked it. It read more as a suspense or mystery story to me than as a romance. I didn't have much of a connection with Patch. He seemed distant and not very emotional. I still want to finish the series.

message 36: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah | 5 comments one word ... AMAZING

Zayna | 41 comments I really liked Vee!!! I <3 Patch!! I really hate Nora's mom...One of the things i loved most in the book is Patch's lines!!! He makes the best quotes!!

Kirra (Kirraly) | 1 comments This might sound strange but i loved Marcie. I think everyone can associate her with at least one person in their lives. She's classic with the twist of being her sister. I enjoyed the controversy between them which kept me amused. :)

Sarah Marie | 9 comments I really liked Hush, Hush and Patch was a great character.

Rebecca Gober (rebeccagober) | 8 comments I liked it, it was definitely different and I agree it took getting to the end for me to really get it. But, I don't mind that much. Nothing sucks more than a book that's uber predictable.

message 41: by May (new) - rated it 5 stars

May | 16 comments the book was amazing I would rate it a 4 stars well hech it would be 4 and a half not because it lacked anything in any field but because there are some books which are more intresting and capturing but I really loved this book,, it had a bad boy hero, a brave heroine, mysteries and surprising events in each and every book of the series can't wait for the 4th book to be released

Stevie | 14 comments i love the two girls friendship! always made me laugh! and PATCH! he was just amazing! :D

Carla (carla_moffatt) | 6 comments I did not like this series at all mainly because of Patch's original intentions and the fact that the heroine was pretty clueless throughout. I kept reading it but got so disgusted with it so many times!

Rebecca | 41 comments At times I didnt want to keep reading it but I ended up loving it

Abigail (greyangel) | 3 comments i love this book it is one of the books that got me into books

message 46: by Anisa (new) - rated it 1 star

Anisa C | 1 comments Did you guys think that Patch was a bit creepy at times, or was it just me?

Arushi (arushilisa) i LOVE patch. i love the book. in fact, the series as a whole was amazing. i cant wait for the fourth :D

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE

anisa wrote: "Did you guys think that Patch was a bit creepy at times, or was it just me?"

i see that a little, but i just think of those moments as him being a protective mysterious guy.

Dayna (thenerdygirls) | 4 comments HUSH HUSH was PERFECT! i loved it ! :D I love patch. i Guess the reason Patch was scary because he was trying to kill nora.

Zayna | 41 comments The one thing i absolutely hate about this book, how patch can't feel!!! how does that work?!

« previous 1