Creative Reviews discussion

Creative Reviews Giveaways!!! > Creative Reviews Giveaways

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Amy Eye (last edited Dec 11, 2011 02:05PM) (new)

Amy Eye | 1841 comments Mod
This folder is to announce giveaways that will be hosted by Creative Reviews. Keep an eye out here for giveaways Cambria and I will be hosting through this great group!!

This section is to be used ONLY to announce giveaways that Creative Reviews is hosting. There will be other places for you to put up your own giveaways!!

message 2: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments ooooohhhhhh Free Stuff. So tell me what are some things you would like to see up for grabs around here?

message 3: by Anagha Uppal (new)

Anagha Uppal Book-made-into-movie tickets?, she hopes with fingers crossed

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy (amylynnikins) | 6 comments I'll be honest. I want free stuff. lol.

message 5: by Amy Eye (new)

Well, Amy, join in on all of our contests, we have them quite often! This is a GREAT place to be for some freebies!

message 6: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments Just to let you all know, I just now received the two books I won in the last giveaway!

Whew! You guys at Journal Stone know how to wrap a package! The book are pristine.

Splitter

message 7: by Amy Eye (new)

Yea! I'm glad you got them, we like to make sure we take care of our people!! :)

message 8: by Anagha Uppal (new)

Anagha Uppal C.S. Splitter wrote: "Just to let you all know, I just now received the two books I won in the last giveaway!

Whew! You guys at Journal Stone know how to wrap a package! The book are pristine.

Splitter"

Lol Same here! It took a while to get the paper off, but the books were perfect!

message 9: by Dale (new)

Dale Ibitz (goodreadscomdale_ibitz) | 298 comments Yeah, I don't think mine were wrapped in paper. It was more like titanium! But I'm happy all the same! Books were excellent.

message 10: by Amy Eye (new)

Those are special books for special people!! :)

message 11: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (greeneyez2012) Ok, while creative reviews hasn't sent me a thing ;), I just got Ted Krevers book WITH a personalized signing!!!!
Thank you amy for hosting and picking me and THANK YOU Ted for doing more than just sending me a book! You rock and I can't wait to dig in!!!!

message 12: by Amy Eye (new)

How cool is that!!

message 13: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Yay Jenn! That's awesome!

message 14: by Tarek (new)

Tarek Refaat | 7 comments Hi Amy ,

How does one participate to have his book in the giveaways ?

message 15: by Amy Eye (new)

I have a list up asking if people would like to showcase their books in my giveaways! :)

It's a fairly painless process! hehe

message 16: by Tarek (new)

Tarek Refaat | 7 comments hehehe well can I kindly ask to be part of the list ? :D

message 17: by Amy Eye (new)

Yes, you surely can, sir! :)

message 18: by Tarek (new)

Tarek Refaat | 7 comments Great ! So what do I need to do me Lady ? :)

message 19: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Tarek-
just go to the thread that Amy put up for showcasing your book in the giveaways and put your name down and the title of your book!

message 20: by Tarek (new)

Tarek Refaat | 7 comments Hi Cambria,

Thanks for the help, but I can't really find which thread, could you help me by pointing me out please ?

message 21: by Amy Eye (new)

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/5...

Here is a link to the thread for ya!! :)

message 22: by Sheila (new)

Sheila | 51 comments Hi, I just joined, and would like to list a Creative Reviews giveaway of my novel The Girl in the Box at some point. Would someone tell me how to go about this?
I have a regular Goodreads giveaway going on at the moment, if anyone is interested, and if anyone would like a review copy or Word file, please let me know.
Many thanks and hello to you all. The Girl in the Box by Sheila Dalton

message 23: by Amy Eye (new)

Thanks for this, Sheila! I will put you on the list for the Creative Reviews Giveaway list!

message 24: by Amy Eye (new)

OK, guys, I gotta ask....what will make you participate in these giveaways? We have some great books, but no one is really signing up for them. What would make YOU participate?

message 25: by Sheila (new)

Sheila | 51 comments Amy wrote: "Thanks for this, Sheila! I will put you on the list for the Creative Reviews Giveaway list!"

Thank you, Amy.
I'm too new to know why people aren't participating in the giveaways - but might it be because, like me, they are listed as regular giveaways first, or because it's hard to find the list?

message 26: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (greeneyez2012) Amy wrote: "OK, guys, I gotta ask....what will make you participate in these giveaways? We have some great books, but no one is really signing up for them. What would make YOU participate?"

I liked when you asked the odd ball questions... Gives people a chance to talk and get to know them better.
Plus, maybe a new thread for each one at the top to grab the attention

message 27: by Amy Eye (new)

I had been doing that, and we had a few people here and there signing up and participating, but the giveaways weren't drumming up too many participants. I want to make sure that we are all having fun with it!

@ Sheila - i have a folder specifically for the CR giveaways, so I don't think it was too hard for people to find them. (at least I hope not!!) But it seemed people lost interest in them after a while. And I have LOADS of great authors with great books waiting to have their own giveaway!

message 28: by Alan (new)

Alan Zendell (alanz) | 29 comments Cambria wrote: "Tarek-
just go to the thread that Amy put up for showcasing your book in the giveaways and put your name down and the title of your book!"

How do we find that thread?

message 29: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Alan--
I will find it and leave a comment wich will bring it up on the main page. that should make it easier. lol.

message 30: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments I found it!!! The title of the thread is
Would you like to showcase your book in my giveaway?

message 31: by Alan (new)

Alan Zendell (alanz) | 29 comments Cambria wrote: "I found it!!! The title of the thread is
Would you like to showcase your book in my giveaway?"

Thanks, Cambria, but I'm still lost. It's the basic disorganized nature of blog sites that's making me crazy. Does this thread belong to a particular folder? Wouldn't it be nice if there were an FAQ list with step-by-step instructions for things like this?

message 32: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Yes, it is in a folder. The folder is titled
Read here first ---> Would you like to showcase your book in my giveaway?

If you go to the groups home page and on the right hand side there's a serch box to search for topics withing the group you can type the name of the topic or folder you are searching for. it should come up.

It would be nice to have an FAQ folder, i could use it myself! LOL.

message 33: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Thinking of getting a nice giveaway going since the holidays are around the corner. Maybe one this month and one next month...

Any ideas for the contests?

message 34: by Alan (new)

Alan Zendell (alanz) | 29 comments Cambria wrote: "Yes, it is in a folder. The folder is titled
Read here first ---> Would you like to showcase your book in my giveaway?

If you go to the groups home page and on the right hand side there's a se..."

Thanks, Cambria. I also tried creating a giveaway through the "List giveaway" option and it won't let me add my books because it thinks they're only ebooks. That's actually not true but I have no idea how to convince the system that I have real books to give away. Apparently, once it finds the ebook on Amazon, it ignores all other versions, even though they're listed right after the ebooks. Any thoughts?

message 35: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Do you have the ISBN number for your paperback on your author page listed with the book?

I don't know too much about this but I have been looking into it because I am going to be setting up a giveaway for my upcoming release too. I do know that you can only do paperbacks.

I would make sure your ISBN numbers for the print versions are in the system. If that doesn't work I would email GR directly. If you scroll to the very bottom of the page in small wordning across the bottom there is a contact us or something like that there. I would email them and ask. I have emailed them a few times about some things on my author page and they always responded and usually did whatever i was having trouble with for me. It might take a day or so but they will respond.

I hope this helps. If i figure out anymore I will let you know!

message 36: by Alan (new)

Alan Zendell (alanz) | 29 comments Cambria wrote: "Do you have the ISBN number for your paperback on your author page listed with the book?

I don't know too much about this but I have been looking into it because I am going to be setting up a gi..."

Thanks again -- I solved this problem by copying the paperback ISBN directly from the Amazon listing into the giveaway setup form. Goodreads accepted that even though it didn't actually find the paperback in the search function.

message 37: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Awesome!!! Good problem solving!

message 38: by E.C. (new)

E.C. Stilson | 34 comments I'd love it if you could help me promote this for my book launch :)
"The Golden Sky" Ipad2 Giveaway has begun. Good luck winning!
http://ecwrites.blogspot.com/2011/11/... @ecwrites

message 39: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (greeneyez2012) Elisa wrote: "I'd love it if you could help me promote this for my book launch :)
"The Golden Sky" Ipad2 Giveaway has begun. Good luck winning!
http://ecwrites.blogspot.com/2011/11/......"

Already on it girl!!!!

message 40: by E.C. (new)

E.C. Stilson | 34 comments Thank you!!! :0)

message 41: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments We are so excited for you Elisa!!!

message 42: by E.C. (new)

E.C. Stilson | 34 comments Cambria,
Thank you so much! This is such an amazing day :0)

message 43: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Yes, it is. :)

message 44: by Alan (new)

Alan Zendell (alanz) | 29 comments Amy or Cambria -- Are you still looking for additional giveaway items? I'd like to offer my new book, "Critical Focus". I can offer paperbacks or ebooks here, but the general Goodreads giveaway function won't accept them because the paperback isn't listed on Amazon yet. Please let me know and I'll respond quickly.

message 45: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Alan- I am getting ready announce a giveaway tonight. Can I add your paperback to it? :)

message 46: by Alan (new)

Alan Zendell (alanz) | 29 comments Cambria wrote: "Alan- I am getting ready announce a giveaway tonight. Can I add your paperback to it? :)"

Yes, please do.

message 47: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (greeneyez2012) Cambria wrote: "Alan- I am getting ready announce a giveaway tonight. Can I add your paperback to it? :)"

Yay! Giveaway!

message 48: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Alan wrote: "Cambria wrote: "Alan- I am getting ready announce a giveaway tonight. Can I add your paperback to it? :)"

Yes, please do."

Alan, I just announced the 1,000 member giveaway but I want to do another as well for the holidays. I am going to add yours to that and really try and get people involved around here. :) I wrote your book down and it will be in the holiday giveaway!! I think i will announce it around the 27th of Nov. so be on the lookout! thank you for your generosity.

message 49: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 170 comments Thank you, Sadie

message 50: by Donald (new)

Donald Armfield | 15 comments

Giveaway for two Kindle Copies of this Saga. You Choose Currently Running

www.book-nooker.blogspot.com

« previous 1