Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > "Other Editions" connected to wrong book

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 233 comments In the page for the 1902 George Barr McCutcheon novel The Daughter of Anderson Crow, the "Other Editions" link leads to editions of a different McCutcheon novel, Brewster's Millions. I'm a librarian but have no idea how to fix this. Can a more experienced code-tweaker explain how to do it?

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 963 comments All fixed :) Someone just went a wee bit overboarde with the combine. If you go to the combine page, on the right of each listing you'll see "separate tool" which you can use to separate the erroneous editions.

message 3: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 233 comments Thanks, Jessica, for both the repair and the explanation. I don't know why the Separate tool didn't occur to me.

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 963 comments No worries, when I first became a librarian I couldn't figure out how to combine at all :) Someone had to show me. Those buttons are tiny!

message 5: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 3 comments Here's another book that was combined with the wrong title:

Black Out somehow got merged with Beautiful Lies.

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 963 comments Daffodil wrote: "Here's another book that was combined with the wrong title:

Black Out somehow got merged with Beautiful Lies."

Loverly. I can separate them but I'm concerned that I'll miss some of the translations. Waiting for the greater powers to see if they can just "undo."

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42444 comments Mod
Separated, although I wasn't sure about some of the foreign editions. If anyone who is familiar with the works wants to look them over, that would be good.

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42444 comments Mod
There is no such thing as an undo combine.

Unfortunately.

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 963 comments Didn't think so, but one can dream!