Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Monthly Read > Suggestions for September's Montly Read

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
Please suggest books for September's monthly read in this thread. I will take suggestions until Friday, July 15. On July 15, I will put up a poll so you can vote on which book we will read in September. The poll will be open until the end of July. Obviously the book with the most votes will our book club selection for September.

message 2: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1917 comments Mod
What about Tessa Dare's A Night to Surrender?

message 3: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
Manda, I want to read that one too!

message 4: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments Yes, I third the suggestion of Tessa's new book! It comes out Aug 30, so the timing is perfect.

message 5: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2093 comments Mod
That sounds great.Her stuff is always fascinating to read and to talk about.
There are three other books that I think might also make good monthly reads--maybe for October. In August the new Jennifer Ashley book is out, and so is the second Thea Harrison book. And I think the new Rose Lerner book is out in September. Any interest in those for October?

message 6: by Kasey (last edited Jul 08, 2011 03:09PM) (new)

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
Actually for October one of our members has her first book coming out!! Theresa Romain's debut novel Season for Temptation will be our October read.

If possible though, we can put them on the poll for a November read.

message 7: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2093 comments Mod
Oh good.

message 8: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
Since we only had one book suggestion for September I am going to list that as our September read.

September: A Night to Surrender by Tessa Dare

October: Season for Temptation by Theresa Romain

message 9: by Mindy (new)

Mindy (mindylu32) | 26 comments OH wow I love Tessa Dare!! So I'm loving September's book but I must admit I've never read Theresa Romain before?

message 10: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments That's me (scuffs feet, turns 15 shades of red). Season for Temptation is my debut, and the moderators were kind enough to let it be the October selection! I'll be opening a Goodreads giveaway of ARCs in August, if any of you want to shoot for an early read.

message 11: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2093 comments Mod
Ooh. Definitely interested in an early read!

message 12: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments Ok, cool! I'll post a link (I think I'll get a link?) here when it's open.

message 13: by Mindy (new)

Mindy (mindylu32) | 26 comments OH WOW congrats! I look forward to reading it!!

message 14: by Monica (new)

Monica | 548 comments Mod
Theresa, Congrats and can't wait to read your book!!!!

message 15: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments Thanks, ladies. :) That's really kind of you!

message 16: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments Hi everyone--I said I'd post a link when the Goodreads giveaway opened, so you can try for a freebie of our October read. Here you go! Giveaway will be open until August 15: http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sho...

message 17: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
Thanks, Theresa!

message 18: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments Ooh! Courtney Milan is an auto-buy for me; I'd love to read Unclaimed for Nov. I've liked all the Hoyt I've read too, so I'm good with either suggestion.

message 19: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
Should we do Courtney's for November and Elizabeth's for December?

I was thinking we could do Eloisa's The Duke is Mine for January since it comes out Dec. 27. Would that be okay too?

message 20: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1917 comments Mod
All of these sound great. I am kind of freaked that we're even thinking about reads for February of next year! But if you guys are cool with putting my book on the schedule I'm cool with yall reading it.

message 21: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2088 comments Mod
The book line up sounds great!

message 22: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2093 comments Mod
I agree

message 23: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
I updated the new line up under the to read section. I was also going to add Sarah MacLean's new one to March if that is okay with everyone. I know it comes out Feb. 28.

message 24: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2093 comments Mod
That line up sounds good to me, although I am going to suggest Black Hawk by Jo Bourne for March instead of Sarah MacLean.