Should have read classics discussion

A house to dream about...

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa, the usurper (new)

Lisa (lmmmml) | 1864 comments Mod
I found this while I was on Yahoo and just thought that it was really cool! I had a little shelf envy, but my hubby will appreciate knowing that there is someone else on this planet with more books than me! Hope that the link works!

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/hou...

message 2: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Johnson | 40 comments Drool, drool!!!

message 3: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 147 comments Wow--but someone would have to go to the top for me--I'm afraid of height! LOL And even the bathroom! Incredible. Obviously, he lives alone or that house next door is for the rest of the family LOL

message 4: by michelle+8 (new)

michelle+8 (michelleplus8) Wow, my husband would LOVE that!

message 5: by Amy (last edited Jul 08, 2011 06:24PM) (new)

Amy | 124 comments I would love the shelf space! My husband would go nuts with all the books, I try and keep them confined to just a room or two for now. I could go for a whole room like that, like the library in Beauty and the Beast.(Disney version) :-)

message 6: by Vicky (new)

Vicky | 86 comments Wow! And here I thought I was overdoing it having the bookshelves built over the doorways (see profile picture), now I can tell my other half that I was perfectly reasonable, actually I can now show him!

message 7: by michelle+8 (new)

michelle+8 (michelleplus8) Vicky wrote: "Wow! And here I thought I was overdoing it having the bookshelves built over the doorways (see profile picture), now I can tell my other half that I was perfectly reasonable, actually I can now show him!"

I think that looks very tasteful!

message 8: by Kerri, the sane one (new)

Kerri | 328 comments Mod
OK, my son would love this but not just for books; rather, his lego collection!

message 9: by Vicky (new)

Vicky | 86 comments Michelle wrote: "I think that looks very tasteful! ."

This is where the second language thing manifests itself!?! If you mean the house, yes I agree, it is done tastefully and I can see myself filling up so many shelves very easily! If on the other hand you mean my bookselves, thankyou and if not oh well, let's blame it on the second language thing! LOL. ;)

message 10: by michelle+8 (new)

michelle+8 (michelleplus8) I was saying that I think your shelves, as shown in your profile photo, are tasteful. :-)

message 11: by Lisa, the usurper (last edited Sep 01, 2011 10:31AM) (new)

Ok, I found this picture on Pinterest and thought, darn my stairs are carpeted. This is very clever! Might be nice to go with all those shelves!

http://sweethomestyle.tumblr.com/post...

message 12: by Amy (new)

Amy | 124 comments I love those stairs! What a wonderful idea!

message 13: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 42 comments Wow, that's a great idea!

message 14: by Vicky (new)

Vicky | 86 comments Great stairs!!!

message 15: by Lisa, the usurper (new)

Now that you have the shelves and the stairs, how about a little Holiday decorating?

http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/201...

message 16: by Kerri, the sane one (new)

Kerri | 328 comments Mod
So fun. I hope nobody needed to check one of those books out.

message 17: by Lisa, the usurper (new)

Probably the periodicals that noone seems to check out anymore due to the Internet! It had to take quite awhile to do that though!

message 18: by Vicky (new)

Vicky | 86 comments No needles to clean up! The smell though wouldn't be quite right! A great idea though!

message 19: by Marie (new)

Marie (mariefromms) | 39 comments Where would they get that many books which look the same?

message 20: by miteypen (new)

miteypen | 10 comments Lisa wrote: "Ok, I found this picture on Pinterest and thought, darn my stairs are carpeted. This is very clever! Might be nice to go with all those shelves!

http://sweethomestyle.tumblr.com/post......"

This is probably the impression my home leaves in a non-reader's mind!

message 21: by Lisa, the usurper (new)

Sounds like your home is wonderful!

message 22: by miteypen (new)

miteypen | 10 comments I can't imagine a home without lots of books. I'm amazed when I watch decorating shows, etc. how few people have bookshelves that are actually filled with books. I have a total of five six-foot tall bookshelves that are stuffed full and still have books stacked on the floor. My dream is to have built-in bookshelves wherever I can fit them. That's why I'm in love with the room at the beginning of this thread.

message 23: by Magda (new)

Magda Allani | 25 comments Yes, books are the best. Yesterday, came across a book I bought years ago and forgot to read - Le Rouge et Le Noir. It's fantastic and made my day. - In the meantime am anxious about my book signing for Dark Waters tomorrow. It was featured in the local press, but not the venue. Hope the venue owner isn't going to be toooo upset about this!