Beta Reader Group discussion

Let's Connect You!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 207 (207 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by R.G. (last edited Jul 07, 2011 08:56PM) (new)

R.G. Bullet | 8 comments Mod
Please say hello here:

Would you like to be a Beta Reader?

Or

Are you a writer looking for Beta readers?

I'll jump in.
I have a short story and I'm looking for Beta Readers

It's a quick read, about 11,000 words, and I 'm looking for Beta readers. I have a small group so far but would like a few more.

If you're interested send me a Direct message with your email and I'll return a PDF

message 2: by Harris (new)

Harris Channing (harrischanning) | 1 comments Hello. My name is Harris Channing and I'm a romance writer. I'm in need of a beta reader. Anyone interested? If so, please drop me a line at harrischanning at yahoo.com

Thanks.

H.

message 3: by Cally (new)

Cally Jackson (cally_jackson) | 3 comments Hi there. I'm Cally Jackson. I'll be looking for beta readers for my YA contemporary manuscript in a couple of months, fingers crossed. Would be interested in doing a swap with someone. Let me know if you're interested.

message 4: by L.M. (new)

L.M. Preston (lmpreston) | 1 comments I can beta swap with someone at the beginning of August. Just friend me and email me a request.

message 5: by R.G. (new)

Hi Cally - I'll happily Beta read your YA. Let me know when you've finished.

message 6: by R.G. (new)

Hi L.M. Thanks!

message 7: by Cally (new)

Cally Jackson (cally_jackson) | 3 comments R.g.Bullet wrote: "Hi Cally - I'll happily Beta read your YA. Let me know when you've finished."

Fantastic! Thanks so much! You can find out more about it on my blog (callyjackson.com) if you like. :-)

message 8: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Butcher  (kellybutcher) | 1 comments I am a K-6 librarian and enjoy reading books for kids ages 9-14. I can realistically read books that would one day make it into the library.

message 9: by R.G. (new)

Welcome, kelly. Fantastic!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I can beta read too, both in english and in spanish. I love YA books, so let us know when you finished your book, ok?

message 11: by Cally (new)

Cally Jackson (cally_jackson) | 3 comments Will do, Virginia! :-)

message 12: by R.G. (new)

Virginia! Great to see you here!

message 13: by Alan (new)

Alan Nayes | 7 comments I have an action/adventure novel about a huge cat that terrorizes a small town in the Pacific NW. looking for beta readers. contact me at anayes@socal.rr.com if interested. thanks.

message 14: by Alan (new)

Alan Nayes | 7 comments Kelly wrote: "I am a K-6 librarian and enjoy reading books for kids ages 9-14. I can realistically read books that would one day make it into the library."
hi kelly, would be interested in taking a look at my children's book ms RETURN TO UNDERLAND? if so contact me at anayes@socal.rr.com. thanks

message 15: by R.G. (new)

Hi Alan - welcome!

Let me know if someone contacted you.

What's the cat's name?

message 16: by Alan (new)

Alan Nayes | 7 comments no name--it's wild.

message 17: by Kevis (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) | 130 comments Hello. My name is Kevis Hendrickson. I'm currently looking for beta readers for my 115,000 word science fiction novel featuring a female intergalactic bounty hunter from the future. If you're interested, just send me a PM here on Goodreads. Thanks.

message 18: by R.G. (new)

Hi Kevis:

Congratulations on finishing!

Let's find you a some fans and Beta readers!

Are you also on twitter?

message 19: by Kevis (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (kevishendrickson) | 130 comments Sure do. Here's my twitter page. :)
http://twitter.com/#!/phantasmagoria1

message 20: by R.G. (new)

following

message 21: by Holly (new)

Holly (draconisglow) Hey, I am interested in being a beta reader.
Send me a message.

message 22: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Mackler-Paternostro (ashmp) | 1 comments Hi All!

My name is Ashley and I'm looking for a beta reader willing to navigate a 94k word women's fiction novel. If anyone is interested, please e-mail me at ashleypaternostro@yahoo.com.

Thank you so much! I'm off to an editor soon and would love to send something strong in initially and I can't do that without your eyes!!

message 23: by T.T. (new)

T.T. Kove (ttkove) | 1 comments Hi!
I'm an author of mostly m/m romance (and a little f/f sometime too) and I am looking for a beta reader.

My stories aren't that long, they range from 10K to about 30K. Some stories are erotic, some are plain romances.

I have one stories published, and three more to come in 2012, and I find myself in need of a beta reader now. I hope someone is interested! ^__^

If anyone has any more questions, don't hesitate to ask. ^_^

message 24: by Julie (new)

Julie (geistwrite) | 1 comments Hello, I'm a YA paranormal writer looking for beta readers. I have two completed manuscripts, one a ghost story, one about a Scotish wolf clan. Please check out my blog www.geistwrite.blogspot for more information.
Thank you!

message 25: by Ebehi (new)

Ebehi (hardlysimilar) | 2 comments Hi folks! Thanks for the invite RG! I would love to do some beta-reading so just send me a message.

message 26: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenswart) | 1 comments Hi guys, I'm looking for a beta to help out with my YA Urban Fantasy novel, I'm also avaiable to beta for others. :)

message 27: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) Hi everyone, I hope this is appropriate place to post my message if not mod's please delete if you need I will not be offended at all.

Anyway I am not a author or a beta reader but what I have done was start a new group on Goodreads called Making Connections. This week I have had over 200 members sign up. The idea behind this was making connections for authors/readers/bloggers/reviewers etc.
And it seems to be working out. I have threads posted for the authors and the readers who are looking for reviewers/author interviews and I made a section for beta readers.
We have authors who are looking for beta readers and I find only some of the members are interested in this important tasks. Anyway so what I thought is I would find a group who had members who may want to come over take a look at the group and see if you would like to get involved.

Everyone is invited to join and I will refer members over to this group also.

Thanks so much Tana

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/6...

message 28: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Oberth | 2 comments Hi everyone,

I'm looking for beta readers for two mystery stories.

1.) The third short story in the Ella Westin Mysteries -'Toxic Train'. It's just under 20,000 words. The story takes place in 1827 on a train. (I haven't come up with a blurb yet!)

You can check out info on the first two Ella Westin stories by visiting my blog (www.jenniferoberth.blogspot.com) and clicking the book cover on the right. That'll bring you to the Smashwords page that has the description. (I'm not putting the direct link here in case it's not allowed - I'm not trying to sell here!)

2.) The first in a new mystery series, 'Georgia Meets Virginia'. This story takes place in Illinois in contemporary times.

"Freelance chef Ginny Travis knocked on a door and minutes later, she's investigating a murder. It's enough to kill anyone's appetite."

Both stories are ready and as good as I can make them before sending to my editor but I'd like another reader or three to find any mistakes/issues that might still be there.

(I have Word and prefer Track Changes as I find it the easiest to work from.)

Thank you!

Jennifer Oberth
http://www.jenniferoberth.blogspot.com

message 29: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Surani (melaniesurani) | 4 comments Hi,

I'm looking for a few new beta readers. What hasn't worked in the past is if the reader is too far out of my target audience ... so I'm looking for someone who enjoys mysteries with a female protagonist, and falls within the 20-40 age group.

I have one book out already (the first in the series), and I'm trying to refine the second. Not having read the first one might be good so that you can point out what information needs to be recapped to make the book read independently if necessary.

The book's working title is "Exchange", and is about an American college student (she's about 27 -- she's having trouble figuring herself out) on an exchange trip to Germany. There, she runs into an ex boyfriend, rekindles with him a bit, but then he's kidnapped.

It's in its second draft, and currently clocks about 40,000 words. Please let me know if you're interested!

Thanks,
Melanie Surani
http://www.melaniesurani.blogspot.com

message 30: by Delancey (new)

Delancey Hello: I'm looking for at least two beta readers for a YA paranormal book that is complete at 65,000 words. The working title is "From the Shadow's Grasp" and it revolves around a 16 year old girl who moves with her family to NYC where she learns that her new home is haunted. She learns that she has an unusual power to connect with supernatural energies and finds a group of people willing to help her hone this power. In so doing, she becomes entangled in the mystery of her handsome ghost's death and finds herself responsible for stopping a similar tragedy much closer to home.

Any interest? DM me please!

message 31: by Delancey (new)

Delancey I should mention that I'd be very willing to offer the same for another writer!

message 32: by Ebehi (last edited Mar 28, 2012 03:11AM) (new)

Ebehi (hardlysimilar) | 2 comments Nancy wrote: "Hello: I'm looking for at least two beta readers for a YA paranormal book that is complete at 65,000 words. The working title is "From the Shadow's Grasp" and it revolves around a 16 year old girl ..."

Hey! How do we message you? Your profile is set not to accept messages from people you aren't friends with

message 33: by Delancey (new)

Delancey V.E. wrote: "Nancy wrote: "Hello: I'm looking for at least two beta readers for a YA paranormal book that is complete at 65,000 words. The working title is "From the Shadow's Grasp" and it revolves around a 16 ..."

Uh, oops! Thanks for pointing this out. Fixed now!

message 34: by B.C. (new)

B.C. Young | 1 comments I'm looking for Beta Readers for my upcoming second book in the Fram Gage series. For those willing to participate, you get the new book for free (which is a given) and the first book, Fram Gage and The Infinite Ability, too. Both in eBook format.

I expect to have it ready for beta readers in the middle of May.

It is a YA book with a comic book/superhero theme. If you are interested, please let me know.

message 35: by Francene (last edited Apr 15, 2012 10:48PM) (new)

Francene Carroll Melanie wrote: "Hi,

I'm looking for a few new beta readers. What hasn't worked in the past is if the reader is too far out of my target audience ... so I'm looking for someone who enjoys mysteries with a female p..."

Hi Melanie, if you are still looking for betas for this I'm interested.
http://francenecarroll13.blogspot.com...

message 36: by Francene (new)

Francene Carroll I have a couple of novellas that I'd love to get some feedback on from betas. One is a 30,000 word romantic suspense (more suspense than romance), and the other is a 15,000 word vampire novella based loosely on Dracula.

Please let me know if you're interested. I'd love to return the favour for manuscripts up to 40,000 words.

http://francenecarroll13.blogspot.com...

message 37: by R.E. (last edited May 03, 2012 07:09PM) (new)

R.E. Jr. (RonaldERobinsonJr) | 2 comments I'm a author in need of a beta reader. My book is sci-fi/post apocalyptic with elements of fantasy mixed within. It runs around 69,000 words. I can send via Word or PDF.

The Perses Effect Book 1: Root Causation

message 38: by Julie (new)

Julie Rainey Hello,
I'm the author of a sci-fi/fantasy book and am looking for some beta readers. The novel is about 80,000 words and I can send it in PDF or Mobi formats. Please send me a message if you're interested.
Thanks,
Julie :)
Lost Princess: The Journey Home

message 39: by Mary (new)

Mary I am a beta reader. I am interested in mysteries, thrillers, paranormals, some YA novels. IM me to let me know if I can be of any help to you.

message 40: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (shan_noel) Hello, I'm Shannon Courtney. I would love to be a beta reader. I'm a huge fan of anything romance, especially PNR. If anyone needs a reader, let me know.

message 41: by Aneesa (new)

Aneesa | 2 comments Hi there,
I'm willing to offer my time and support as a beta reader. I often read fantasy, paranormal-romance and young adult novels. However, I am also open to other genres. Would be happy if someone sent a story my way =)

message 42: by Julie (new)

Julie Rainey Aneesa wrote: "Hi there,
I'm willing to offer my time and support as a beta reader. I often read fantasy, paranormal-romance and young adult novels. However, I am also open to other genres. Would be happy if some..."

Hello Aneesa. I would love to have another beta for my sci-fi/fantasy novel. You can message me if you are interested. Thanks. :)

message 43: by Alan (new)

Alan Nayes | 7 comments Mary wrote: "I am a beta reader. I am interested in mysteries, thrillers, paranormals, some YA novels. IM me to let me know if I can be of any help to you."

hi mary. I am finishing up a new paranormal romance. in need of a beta reader. email me at anayes@socal.rr.com. thx.

message 44: by Alan (new)

Alan Nayes | 7 comments Shannon wrote: "Hello, I'm Shannon Courtney. I would love to be a beta reader. I'm a huge fan of anything romance, especially PNR. If anyone needs a reader, let me know."

Hi shannon, finishing up a new paranormal romance. definitely in need of a beta reader. email me at anayes@socal.rr.com if interested. thx.

message 45: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 1 comments I love being a beta reader! I also do light editing. I read almost anything form erotic to paranormal. The only things i rarely read are historical, heavy sci-fi, and YA. Feel free to send me a message and let me know what you have :) Thanks!

message 46: by R.E. (new)

R.E. Jr. (RonaldERobinsonJr) | 2 comments Stacey wrote: "I love being a beta reader! I also do light editing. I read almost anything form erotic to paranormal. The only things i rarely read are historical, heavy sci-fi, and YA. Feel free to send me a m..."

Would you be interested in reading my sci-fi/post apocalyptic novel? The Perses Effect Book 1: Root Causation I can send it to you in PDF format. Just let me know, thanks.

message 47: by Alan (new)

Alan Nayes | 7 comments stacey, you can email me at anayes@socal.rr.com. thx.

message 48: by Aneesa (last edited May 10, 2012 12:42AM) (new)

Aneesa | 2 comments Julie wrote: "Aneesa wrote: "Hi there,
I'm willing to offer my time and support as a beta reader. I often read fantasy, paranormal-romance and young adult novels. However, I am also open to other genres. Would b..."

Hi Julie, would be honored to. Email is aneesa.h@hotmail.com
Thanks

message 49: by Kosplashes (new)

Kosplashes | 1 comments How do you find a beta reader? I have a quirky inspirational novella for writers.

First time here, is this where i post? There should be a BUTTON to POST or something, at the top of the page. It's not clear at all. What am I missing? YIKES, on the home page you can read about books, etc ., but nothing says FORUMS or anything, Then here you have to jump in at the top UGG nevermind...

I'll jump in.
I have a short story and I'm looking for..."

Mrs. Northman Not that Sookie girl :) Not that Sookie girl :) (supernaturalmom3) | 1 comments Hi. I am willing to beta read. I usually read paranormal, scifi, fantasy oh and I don't mind erotica. The only thing I usually stay away from is historical.

« previous 1 3 4 5