Magic & Metal Book Club discussion

Greywalker (Greywalker, #1)
This topic is about Greywalker

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ginny (new)

Ginny Kass | 14 comments Mod
Well I still haven't re-read the book. I think I'll just go on my memory of it. I don't want to buy it again. I've been cutting back on my book expenses.

How is it going for everyone else?

message 2: by Tiffany (last edited Jul 12, 2011 10:16PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tiffany Adams (amahel) | 37 comments Mod
We missed you last night Ginny! But I'm not sure we had much to discuss anyway; we were done before 8:30pm.

I liked Greywalker, although I think she complained a lot. By the end she finally sucked it up, but still...it didn't redeem her. :) I like the concept, I like her other characters, but I felt almost like pulling nails: it was brutal at parts. I'm wondering if I want to read the second/later books. I can really see potential, which makes me want to, but I can also see it getting a bit stagnant. Have you ever read Wraith? It looks sort of similar. I think I may pick that up instead.

Did you read the whole series? Is it worth my time (lol)? What did you think?

message 3: by Ginny (new)

Ginny Kass | 14 comments Mod
I missed being there (you did get my e-mail didn't you?). I've read all her later books. The second one is better. The 3rd Underground was one of the best. Then the ones after that 4 & 5 I didn't care for. #6 was better again. So in my opinion the writing is spotty.

I think the first one was a lot of ground setting. And yes she did whine, but then so would I have. ;o)

The first one I would give a 3 1/2 star. The next one 3, the one after that 4 stars and so on up & down with the ratings.

One problem for me is reading these books twice. They lose their sense of, "what's next?"

Look forward to next month.

Tiffany Adams (amahel) | 37 comments Mod
Yes, I did get your email. We waited for just a few mintues after 7:30, but then we got started without you. Since there was only three of us though, it went pretty quickly!

Maybe I'll pick up the next one when I'm in the mood for another urban paranorm and I don't have a better choice. LOL :D