Paranormal Lovers discussion

Adult Series > Kate Daniels

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (last edited Sep 24, 2015 04:00AM) (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) | 1384 comments Mod
Has anyone read this series?

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2) by Ilona Andrews Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) by Ilona Andrews Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4) by Ilona Andrews Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5) by Ilona Andrews Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6) by Ilona Andrews Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7) by Ilona Andrews Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels, #8) by Ilona Andrews

Spin offs

Gunmetal Magic (Kate Daniels, #5.5) by Ilona Andrews

UR

message 2: by ☺~Tina~☺ (new)

☺~Tina~☺ (tina007) | 12 comments I love this series! It really is in my top 10 series list. It starts out with sexual tension but they do get to the sex, but it not detailed. It leads up to and fades out. Still great series.

message 3: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

I'm a bit sure but lots of people have recommended it to me :)

message 4: by Carole-Ann (new)

Carole-Ann (blueopal) This series is worthwhile reading for Curran alone! He is a lion-shifter and prime alpha of the shifter community.
And he is sooooooo taken with Kate. There are some really funny dialogue passages between them throughout the series that just make one want to all over !! :)

message 5: by Kiersten (new)

Kiersten Fay (kierstenfay) | 10 comments Also adding this one to my TBR

message 6: by Anna (new)

Anna Books 1 and 2 are weak, especially 1, BUT books 3 onwards are awesome. Ilona Andrew just takes a while to get into her stride. And once you're into them their website and freebies are fun too.

message 7: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

Book 1 is very confusing

message 8: by Anna (last edited Feb 14, 2013 09:54AM) (new)

Anna She does a lot of world creation in book 1. You just need to know that Atlanta is post 'magic' apocalypse. There are times when the world works normally and its good to drive cars and kill things with guns. However at other times there is a 'magic wave ' and all technological things are useless: you need to ride a horse or walk and killing things with magic is more effective. Kate does magic. Andrea- a minor character does technology. There are lots of nasty mutated magic creatures that kill things. Kate works for a group of mercenaries that kill the nasties.
Kate is tough and a bit odd. How and why is revealed slowly. Curran the sexy beast lord is basically king of the weres. There are lots of different types of weres each with a clan leader. Curran trumps them all as leader of The Pack..
Vamps are nasty, nasty dried up things that, given a chioce, will kill anthing that moves. They are 'navigated' or controlled by Necromancers (the Masters of the Dead) who have their own agenda. No one really trust them and they are not sexy!
Just hang on to that!

message 9: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

That's a pretty darn good explanation TBF :)

message 10: by Anna (last edited Feb 14, 2013 09:58AM) (new)

Anna Hope it helped :D just hang on in there - I didn't like book 1 and nearly gave up. Ilona Andrews were still learning their craft there. By book 3 they're awesome! (Though it stays more UF than PR.)

message 11: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

I'm up to 4 or 5 I think....

message 12: by Anna (new)

Anna What do you think?

message 13: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

Updated

message 14: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

Horrendously need to catch up on this series, not even read the fifth book yet!!