Creative Reviews discussion

Exciting News > McCaffrey's "Dragonflight" to be filmed.

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (jaclement) | 1328 comments Anyone here a fan of Anne McCaffrey?

Sounds like they're looking to make a film of "Dragonflight", finally.

http://collider.com/david-hayter-drag...

(NB: I'd put good money on it that they were told they had to mention LOTR in the press release somehow - see how they did it there? heheheh)
JAC

message 2: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments I am not familar with this book but thanks for sharing! It does sound exciting!

message 3: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (jaclement) | 1328 comments Hmmm. I wondered if some of you might be a bit young for McCaffrey but she's still selling. Dragon-based fantasy / sci-fi (depending on where you are in the chronological order of it).

I really liked them when I was younger and still think they're worth reading if you like dragons. Also I wanted a fire-lizard SOOOO badly!!
Happy days...
JAC

message 4: by L.A. (new)

L.A. (TicToc) | 25 comments I have read all of the dragon series, she was always one of my favorite authors for a long time.

message 5: by Amy Eye (new)

Amy Eye | 1841 comments Mod
I ADORE Anne McCaffrey....There are only a couple of the books from the Pern series that Todd wrote that I do not yet have. I REALLY hope they do not mess her work up, it is some of my absolute favorite. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an excellent movie!!

message 6: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments i must live under a rock...I don't know any of this...

message 7: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (jaclement) | 1328 comments Cambria, I know this book you can read...
heheheh
JAC

message 8: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments Wow, that brings back memories!

Splitter

message 9: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments LOL. Thanks for letting me know JA!

message 10: by Amy Eye (new)

Amy Eye | 1841 comments Mod
Does this mean I am old, if I have most of her books in the ORIGINAL covers?? LOL

PopcornReads - MkNoah (goodreadscompopcornreads) | 132 comments I've always loved Anne McCaffrey but a friend who knows her son said he said she refuses to sell movie rights.

The FX are so seamless now that I would think her dragon series could be made very faithfully. I hope someone excellent has gotten the movie rights!

BTW: I'm so old that I have all of her books in the original covers too. :)

message 12: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (jaclement) | 1328 comments Well I'm afraid I happened upon Dragonsong first, and was comparatively late to the game....
JAC

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Steen (fictionfreak1) | 69 comments OMG!!!! I'm so excited!!!