SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Archive: Past Team Challenges > R3 TEAM THREAD: Team #6 ~ Six Sexy Slinky Shifters

Comments Showing 1-50 of 661 (661 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

message 1: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Jul 23, 2011 02:21PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29020 comments Team #6
Captain: Vivian

Members:
1. Vivian
2. AH
3. Lizz
4. Jackie M
5. Nici
6. Michelle

message 2: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Jul 12, 2011 08:03PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29020 comments Virtual BINGO Card
Shelf names listed are to be filled in top to bottom under each letter listed

B
1. speculative fiction
2. paranormal romance
3. favorite series
4. Goodreads author
5. post-apocalyptic
I
6. dragons
7. angels
8. male author
9. vampires
10. supernatural
N
11. series to read
12. read in 2010
N#. FREE SPACE
13. futuristic
14. magic
G
15. dark
16. shifters
17. alpha male
18. trilogy
19. urban fantasy
O
20. 4 stars
21. ghosts
22. first in series
23. demons
24. fantasy paranormal

message 3: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Oct 11, 2011 06:03AM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29020 comments Link to print your own copy: BINGO card

SOS book shelf bingo card

message 4: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29020 comments {{SPACE SAVER}}

message 5: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments *waves* Hi everyone! Nice to meet you!

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (eclecticfirefly) | 1237 comments *waves from Team 3* Hey AH!

message 8: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments Hi everyone! *waves*

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 2158 comments Hi Ladies, it's nice to meet everyone. I think I only know Nici. Where is everyone from? I'm in Scotland so most likely a different time zone from all of you :)

I've sent friend requests to everyone, I'll send one to Jackie when she arrives.

We need a team leader and a name, any suggestions?
:)

message 10: by AH (last edited Jul 13, 2011 03:47AM) (new)

AH | 2271 comments *waving to team 3* - Hi Cindy!

I'm in Montreal, Eastern Time zone.

Someone suggested paranormal critters as a team name. For Connect 4, I was part of the (pesky) Jade Dragons and we had a lot of fun with that. We had a team flower (snapdragon) and lots of cool dragons to play with.

Steph had a list of all sorts of creatures under CC4 but I can't find it anymore. Darn!

Hmmm....Apocalyptic Angel, Dystopian Demons, Vampy vamps...Wonderful Wizards...

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 2158 comments Critters it is then... :)

Following your theme -
Flirty Fairies, Slinky Shifters, Wicked Were's, Prancing Pixies, Pretty Pixies, Playful Pixies, Wicked Witches, Wanton Witches, Vamp Vixens

Now I'm drawing a blank! :)

message 12: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments Greetings from California, so pacific time zone. But I'm slightly addicted to GR and not the most normal sleeper, so I'm on at all random times.

I'm liking the alliteration AH, like the apocalyptic angels best out of those :)

I'm excited to play a round of bingo with y'all!

BTW, I'm reading Dead Beat, part of the Dresden Files and this series is just so good! It really truly gets better with each book. I'm coming off a blah reading week, so in gushing mode regarding this book, lol.

message 13: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments Ooh, just saw your post Michelle, you've got much more creative juices then me at this hour. A lot of good ideas. I like the pixie names too :)

message 14: by Vivian (last edited Jul 13, 2011 04:22AM) (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments Let's see...creatures...ghosts or ghouls?

Groovy Ghouls
Ghost Busters *hums to self * nah-nah-nah-nah NA na

message 15: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Those are great ideas, Michelle. Alliteration is good.

Six Slinky Shifters - we could have a tongue twister too!

message 16: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 2158 comments It's lunch time over here so, not that early.
I'm not too good at the creative thing at any time of day :)

Love the tongue twister!

message 17: by Nici (new)

Nici (queennici102) | 697 comments hi ladies! I like the alliteration as well. I live in Iowa, which is central time zone. I have already met a couple of you lovely ladies through other games. The others who I haven't met yet, I am very glad I can!
Nici

message 18: by Nici (new)

Nici (queennici102) | 697 comments So what is everyone reading pre bingo? Anybody making any crafts?

message 19: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 2158 comments I'm not very crafty, I would love to give some stuff a try but I'm waiting until the little one's are bigger. My youngest eats everything and doesn't like sharing me with anything. I'm lucky I get time to read!

I'm reading Heart's Sentinel (Terra's Guardians) by P.J. Schnyder just now and I'm really enjoying it so far. What about you?

Is anybody researching the shelves prior to the 24th?

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 1193 comments Hey from Texas
and i'm reading Queen of Shadows (Shadow World, #1) by Dianne Sylvan and The Mage in Black (Sabina Kane, #2) by Jaye Wells

message 21: by Jackie M (new)

Jackie M | 695 comments Hi everyone! I know Vivian and that's about it. It's great to meet new people. I am from Minnesota central time zone.
This will be my 3rd time playing bingo and I can't wait to get started!

message 22: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Welcome Jackie!

message 23: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments I think my plan for this round is to read only books I've got on my shelves. I should have enough variety to get through some of my neglected piles :)

I'm actually itching to do something crafty. Last year, I went through a knitting and crocheting phase. Not sure what I'm in the mood for right now. Nici, are you crafting up anything fun?

message 24: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments I agree with you, Vivian. They have to be on my shelves or some of those downloaded freebies I need to read.

Love doing crafty things, but no time.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 1193 comments I work at a craft store

message 26: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 2158 comments That could be expensive! Do you enjoy crafting Lizz?
I have been fighting an urge to try making some book thongs :)

I'm trying to work through my existing books but it I may need to buy or borrow for a couple of the categories.

Does anyone want the reins for this round?

message 27: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments Working at a craft store could be dangerous, its like working at a bookstore! Too much temptation ;)

Book thongs are pretty, but I have a tendency to lose things like that. If you end up making some, would love it if you'd share with us :)

Are we going with a category name? We don't have to, but that's what we've got for now. Nici and I were on a not named team for most of the CC4 game, but maybe we can try to come up with something a little sooner this time around, eh?

So far, we've got:
Apocalyptic Angels
Dystopian Demons
Vampy vamps
Wonderful Wizards
Flirty Fairies
Slinky Shifters
Wicked Weres
Prancing Pixies
Pretty Pixies, Playful Pixies
Wicked Witches
Wanton Witches
Vamp Vixens
Groovy Ghouls
Ghost Busters
Six Slinky Shifters

Did I miss anything? I like the idea of incorporating six too, since we're team 6 and there are 6 of us

message 28: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 2158 comments Vivian wrote: "Working at a craft store could be dangerous, its like working at a bookstore! Too much temptation ;)

Book thongs are pretty, but I have a tendency to lose things like that. If you end up making so..."

If I get tempted to the darkside, or get some alone time to visit the craft store, I would love to share! :)

I think you have them all. I like the idea of incorporating six also. It's why I was thinking of Pixies too, I remembered the Sixie Chicks from last round.

Six Sexy Shifters?
Six Saucy Shifters?
SSSSS....

message 29: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Six Sexy Slinky Shifters!

Six Slinky Sexy Shifters!

I'm kind of inclined to the tongue twister name...

message 30: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments I think that the last time I played the strategy was to read the Free space book and the first bookshelf book the same week and get those done.

What's speculative lit?

message 31: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 2158 comments Speculative seems to cover a lot of fantasy/dystopian/utopian etc. Anything sort of alternate universe...

Hopefully if it comes up we can all find something to read.

We did the same thing last time around, chose both books in the first week. As long as your free space book is read by week 5, we should be good. And that's if we manage to get 5 shelves in a row right away! It did seem to be easier to get it out the way early though.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 1193 comments I like Six Sexy Slinky Shifters!

message 33: by Jackie M (new)

Jackie M | 695 comments The last bingo round I was on the Sixie Chicks so I am hoping to bring the winning mojo to this round too.

I like Six Sexy Slinky Shifters.
Who wants to be our fearless leader? I can honestly say that I do not want the job.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 1193 comments I honestly don't want enther

message 35: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments Six Sexy Slinky Shifters works for me too!

If Nici is onboard, I think we've got ourselves a name :)

Anyone jumping at the chance to be our captain? Feel free to speak up. I don't mind taking the whip reins, but I'd happily pass it along to anyone else!

message 36: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 2158 comments You take the whip Vivian! Hopefully you wont need to crack it too hard :)

message 37: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Vivian, you look stunning with that captain's hat and whip.

message 38: by Nici (new)

Nici (queennici102) | 697 comments Vivian, you would be amazing at it! And I like the name Also. What are book thongs? Sounds like dental floss undies: ) I am currently reading Kushiel's Dartand Eat Slay Love. I am crotcheting a blanket, but I don't know that I will ever finish it

message 39: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments Flattery will get you everywhere ladies, lol. So as captain, I order you Nici to Google book thongs! You pretty much nailed it on the head...butt? with the dental floss undies. Pretty much a decorative string used as a book mark. I would post a pic but not on my computer, sorry.

message 40: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 2158 comments http://www.etsy.com/listing/74440889/...

Something like this Nici, I like the themed ones. Must admit that the Vishous one is one of my favourite's! :)

message 41: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments Nici, I've got 2 from the same place as Michelle's listing -

http://www.etsy.com/listing/53322570/...
http://www.etsy.com/listing/25018298/...

They are gorgeous in real life.

message 42: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 2158 comments Very nice, Sandra! I must admit that I'm missing our shoes a little :)

http://www.etsy.com/listing/59602964/...

I just bought this one, it was the tiny handcuffs that did it :) Thanks, Sandra. I had been debating with myself for ages over which one to get...

message 43: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments I remember looking at those cuffs and trying to decide which ones to pick. LOL

This time I have my very own shell & fins, so no shoes :D

message 44: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments Ooh, liking the handcuffs too! Not sure what that says about us, lol.

message 45: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Oh, cute. Those are nice.

message 46: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 2158 comments Sandra wrote: "I remember looking at those cuffs and trying to decide which ones to pick. LOL

This time I have my very own shell & fins, so no shoes :D"

I have a hat & broom but no shoes :)

message 47: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 2158 comments Vivian wrote: "Ooh, liking the handcuffs too! Not sure what that says about us, lol."

Me either :)

message 48: by Nici (new)

Nici (queennici102) | 697 comments I like the handcuffs too; ) LOL. Is the entire thing beaded? Wouldn't that mess up the binding? I need to Google this so mistress Vivian doesn't beat me!

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 1193 comments I was at Spencer's gifts and saw some cute handcuffs earings that also looked like cherries.

message 50: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 2158 comments Nope, just beads at either end the middle is usually ribbon or a thin piece of twine. Something soft & pliable that doesn't damage the pages.

Hope you manage to dodge that whip ;)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14