You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Closed Discussion Topic > Amber's Reporting Thread

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (last edited Jun 15, 2012 03:11PM) (new)

Amber Month 1: Birthday Month (November) November Blues
Month 2: Birthstone (Topaz) Little Bee
Month 3: Published in 1980Riding the Bus with My Sister: A True Life Journey
Month 4: Author from USAIcy Sparks
Month 5: Country I'd like to visit (Australia)Tracks or In a Sunburned Country
Month 6: Favorite Genre (in the summer, I *love* a good 'beach read', which is my term for chic lit) Then Came You
Month 7: Author who shares first/last name (Amber) The Amber Spyglass
Month 8: Favorite Flower (daisy) The Lives and Loves of Daisy and Violet Hilton: A True Story of Conjoined Twins
Month 9: Book on TBR list for the longestGreat House
Month 10: Favorite Animal
Month 11: Memoir/Biography
Month 12: Issue/Cause meaningful to me Promise Me
Bonus: Hobby (Reading) Tolstoy and the Purple Chair: My Year of Magical Reading

message 2: by Amber (last edited Jul 06, 2011 09:23PM) (new)

Amber Month 1: Birthday Month November Blues

Month 3: Published in 1980 Riding the Bus with My Sister: A True Life Journey

Month 9: on TBR list longest Great House

message 3: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47191 comments Hi Amber. I'm glad that you are joining us. If you like, you can edit your first message to add the book titles to the list.

Riding the Bus with My Sister sounds like a very interesting read. I'll be interested in your comments.

message 4: by Judy (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5760 comments Amber, look forward to what you read about Australia. One consideration would be In a Sunburned Country for a fun tour of the country or The Fatal Shore: The Epic of Australia's Founding for a serious but interesting journey. Glad you are part of the challenge!

message 5: by Amber (new)

Amber Janice wrote: "Hi Amber. I'm glad that you are joining us. If you like, you can edit your first message to add the book titles to the list.

Riding the Bus with My Sister sounds like a very interesting read. ..."

I attempted editing when I found the titles last night and it kept booting them to the end of my list, so I gave up and started a new message. After recently reading The Story of Beautiful Girl I added Riding the Bus with My Sister: A True Life Journey to my TBR list. It was a happpy coincidence to find it in the 1980 list!

message 6: by Amber (new)

Amber Judy wrote: "Amber, look forward to what you read about Australia. One consideration would be In a Sunburned Country for a fun tour of the country or [book:The Fatal Shore: The Epic of Australia's Fou..."

Thanks for the suggestions!

message 7: by Amber (new)

Amber Ok, again, I cannot get this thing to let me edit the way I want it to.

Month 2: Topaz Little Bee

message 8: by Judy (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5760 comments Amber, it automatically boots the title to the end of the message, you aren't doing anything wrong. What you can do is cut and paste the title where you want it. You can cut or paste by right clicking to bring up the menu that lists both commands. Good luck!

message 9: by Judy (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5760 comments Amber wrote: "Ok, again, I cannot get this thing to let me edit the way I want it to.

Month 2: Topaz Little Bee"

Little Beelooks great - I have it on my TBR, too.

message 10: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47191 comments Amber wrote: "Ok, again, I cannot get this thing to let me edit the way I want it to.

Month 2: Topaz Little Bee"

Yes, that can be frustrating. It would be nice if the book was added where the cursor sits, but no such luck. One has to go to the fuss of copying and pasting it. You could also manually type the link in HTML (see "some html is ok") at the top of the comment box.

type in [!book:Little Bee] leaving out the ! and it works like a charm.

message 11: by Alison (new)

Alison Forde | 269 comments Im also a November person - Little Bee looks good, I'm wondering where the Topaz connection is - is it a character's name?

message 12: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47191 comments Perhaps it's the colour of the cover.

message 13: by Kate (new)

Kate Z (kgordon3) | 144 comments I'm interested in the connection between Little Bee and topaz. I liked Little Bee a lot. Great House on the other hand ... (and, for the record, I LOVED History of Love)

message 14: by Alison (new)

Alison Forde | 269 comments I just realised Little Bee is also published as "the other hand - so I've already read it. the hunt for topanz goes on!

message 15: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Just gotta plug another book for Australia. Last year I loved Tracks, a memoir about a young woman who, to oversimplify, feels a restless urge to challenge herself to cross the outback, alone. I'd be choosing that country too if I hadn't already read so many books from/about there.

message 16: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47191 comments There are lots of titles with Topaz in them here: http://www.goodreads.com/search?query...

message 17: by Judy (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5760 comments Cheryl in CC NV wrote: "Just gotta plug another book for Australia. Last year I loved Tracks, a memoir about a young woman who, to oversimplify, feels a restless urge to challenge herself to cross the outbac..."

Sounds like my kind of book, too. Ah, the TBR tower groweth.

message 18: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr)

message 19: by Charmian (new)

Charmian (clo1) | 26 comments Alison wrote: "I just realised Little Bee is also published as "the other hand - so I've already read it. the hunt for topanz goes on!" I think it is published as 'The other Hand' in the UK and 'Little Bee' in the states, I was in JFK last year, waiting for my delayed plane and actually reading The other Hand, when I realised that the Bookshop near to me in the airport had a copy of Little Bee on display.

message 20: by Amber (last edited Jul 11, 2011 05:05PM) (new)

Amber Sorry guys. I was in Chicago for a long weekend and played hookie from the world. :)

Thanks for the tip on the copying and pasting of the book titles I'm attempting to insert into my list. It worked like a charm!

Yes, I chose Little Bee because of the color of the cover. Just so happens that it's been on my TBR list for-ev-er, so that worked quite nicely.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.