Q&A with Susan Goldsmith discussion

ABITHICA audience

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan (last edited Jul 07, 2011 01:35AM) (new)

Susan (susan87) | 64 comments Mod
I'm curious.

For those of you who have read ABITHICA, what age group do you think it is suitable for?

message 2: by Susan (new)

I’ve been asked when I’m going to put together a book trailer for ABITHICA.

My answer: I wouldn’t even know where to start such a project, but I’m open to suggestions….

message 3: by Sue (new)

Sue Stepp | 10 comments I THINK 16 UP, I THINK THE BEST READERS BEING LATE TEEN EARLY ADULT...THO VERY ENJOYABLE FOR ALL OF US

message 4: by Sue (new)

Sue Stepp | 10 comments GOOD LUCK WITH MESSAGE 2 WHO DO YOU KNOW THAT HAS DONE ONE?

message 5: by Justina (new)

Justina | 6 comments YA definitely.

message 6: by Susan (new)

I agree with you both, but I'm thinking 13 is too young. I've not allowed my 12-year-old to read it, and no, she's not very happy with me!

message 7: by Sue (new)

Sue Stepp | 10 comments SO DO YOU FIND HER LOCKED IN THE BATHROOM ALOT READING THAT MUST BE A RALLY BIG TEMPTATION FOR HER.

Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books) | 1 comments I'd definitely say 16+. I think older teen readers will enjoy Abithica, but the voice felt more adult to me than young adult. I'd say it's not exactly appropriate for middle school and even younger high school-age teens, not that I believe in censoring, but I wouldn't go handing it to young kids with some of the scenes that are there. More than anything else though, the voice still stands out to me as sounding adult.

message 9: by Susan (new)

Hi Sue, both my girls are very familiar with the plot, so much so that it feels like they've read it, and a lot of parts they have. I shared snippets with them here and there as I was writing it.

Thanks for your input Nikki. I concur!