Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) Hush, Hush discussion

Should I read it?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

percabeth Ok, so right now i'm debating on whether I should read the book or not. Is it any good? i've read and heard a lot of good reviews but a lot of bad ones as well (its like a 50/50 thing right now)...should i read it?

Juliet it depends, have you read other book sin the paranormal romance genre?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

HECK YES YOU SHOULD READ IT!! ! You only need one reason to read this, and that reason is, Patch.

Chris Yes, you have to read this. I can't wait until the next book comes out.

nine When someone first introduced me to it i was uncertain about even reading it. But once i started to get into the book it was really good. I think you should read it! :) Just go for it!

Geraldine (MissGee) Matiwane yh, defenitly! is very good, and trust me, you will very much enjoy this book!

Ashlyn Should you read it? what kind of question is that! you should know the answer, god dang it!

OF COARSE YOU SHOULD READ IT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! ONE OF MY FAVORITE BOOK EVER!!!!!!!!!

Redneck Chickk You have to read it!! It's my favorite and you definitely have to read it because of Patch!<3

Bulma Books Just read it...read it and enjoy it~

Kania Yes, you should read it now, or you'll be sorry, because patch is waiting for you.

message 11: by Sara (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara It has a lot of plot holes and errors that should have been fixed before printing. Read it if you want to. I didn't love it.

Teresa Meh...I like young adult/paranormal romance but some are better then others. This was not that great. I did read the second one and will probably read the third but I'm not eagerly awaiting it like I am with some of the other series.

Lindis Russell I think it all depends on what kind of books you like to read. If you are a Twilight fan, you might like it. I'm not comparing it to Twilight, but it's in the same genre, you could call Hush Hush, YA Paranormal Romance. It's a love story between human and angel. I happen to love it. The writing is very good, exciting and mysterious. I can't wait for the third book, Silence to come out!!!!!

percabeth Ok ok thanks guys, I'll try it out and see if i like it :) thanks a million!

Casie It's fantastic, once you read it, you'll love Patch. So far both books were pretty amazing, I cant wait for the 3rd.

Casie If anyone is looking for a new series to read you should try Kelly Armstrongs The Gathering, or her series with the The Reckoning, The Summoning, The Awakening.. they are absolutely fantastic. The reckoning,summoning,and awakening...come first...and then the gathering ties in with them. I read the series all the time they are just that fantastic. just a suggestion. happy reading.

Nyxie Kitten Yes I got hooked within the first 5 pages,...I have also read croscendo and am now waiting for the realease of silence in October

message 18: by Bex (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bex i wasn't too sure whether to read this one either but very glad i did, really enjoyed it, hope you do too ;0)

Claire OH YES

Christina *Cantarella* READ IT! JOIN USSSS!

Bayanry Hush Hush is an interesting book, I was desperate to finish reading it. so yes, you should read it.

silent whispers  vamp chick hush hush is one of my favorite books and i would read it over again....which i prolly will be doing soon:)

message 23: by Anne (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anne Hells yeah you should!! I LOVED IT!!!

percabeth Finished reading it today and it's not bad. I really enjoyed it and i'm off to buy the second book soon. Thanks for the help everybody! ;D

Heidi I´m waiting for Hush,hush an Cresendo to arrive whit the mail, and cant wait to read them both, especially after reading your opinions here :D

Laurel Don't read it, though I seem to be the minority. There are a lot of plot holes and grammatical errors (unfortunately a trait that has become standard in YA Paranormal Romance), however, my main issue with the novel is that there is no character growth. The protagonist does all of her growth before the book happens, ultimately resulting in a story line that really has nothing happen in it. It wasn't the worst book I read, but it wasn't even close to the best.

message 27: by Kimi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kimi Definitely read! It's not the best ever but it's good. I personally love it. I think I'm drawn more too it because I'm comparing it to Fallen which I didn't like so much overall. But I think it's really good.

Emily Ooh, yeah, read it! This book was soo good, not one of the 'Best' but its interesting.
So give it a shot! If you dont like it you can always just stop reading it.

Belle I think you should read it just to get off your mind. Also I've read lots of the YA paranormal books and this Series is one of the best, and i think it's WAY better than Twilight and i WAS a huge fan.

message 30: by Samantha (new) - added it

Samantha This book was so good. I thought that the story and plot line of it was intense and unpredictable. But if you are into like a bunch of non stop action and hate the romance, this is not your book. It is full of the sexual tension between Patch and Nora is so amazingly described in the first book. Besides that, patch is hot.... even in book form.

message 31: by Kimi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kimi Samantha wrote: "This book was so good. I thought that the story and plot line of it was intense and unpredictable. But if you are into like a bunch of non stop action and hate the romance, this is not your book. I..."

The sexual tension is great! =)

Katarina LMAO! the sexual tension IS great. It's that whole "you're an ass but for some reason I like that" lol

Katarina This may be random but as far as Angel/Nephilim themed books go... you should DEFINITELY read "Unearthly" by Cynthia Hand if you haven't already =)

message 34: by Kimi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kimi Katarina wrote: "LMAO! the sexual tension IS great. It's that whole "you're an ass but for some reason I like that" lol"

I know right... lol I hate it when that happens. Because I sure did used to like some asses lol

Veronica I loved "Unearthly" :D It was a good book. I had a feeling from the beginning that Christian is what he is... I mean, c'mon! His name is Chirstian! haha

message 36: by Kimi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kimi lol I really wanna read Unearthly now!

Linda It's awesome, you are going to like it I promise. As for Fallen by Lauren Kate it's awesome too. I loved them both.

message 38: by Kimi (last edited Aug 03, 2011 11:24AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kimi Linda wrote: "It's awesome, you are going to like it I promise. As for Fallen by Lauren Kate it's awesome too. I loved them both."

I'm hoping Unearthly is awesome. I don't have it yet but I'm thinking about getting it eventually. Right now I have a crap load of books that I need to read! lol But I can't say that I agree with you that Fallen is awesome in my opinion. I think book 1 & 3 are okay and 2 is not that great to me. I was a little disappointed that I invested my time into it but since I did, I'll read the last.

I think Hush, Hush is definitely awesome. I want October to hurry up and get here! =)

Veronica I'm re-reading the Hush, Hush series right now :)

Chelsea YES! I've read that book like a million times! It is way good!

message 41: by Paige (new) - added it

Paige YES!

Salena Chavez Hell Yeah!!! Best book ever!!!

Saneea If you have time, then sure go for it. I mean, its a good book. Good characters and the plot is interesting. However, in my opinion its not the greatest book so you wouldn't really be missing out that much if you decide not too. Also, if your into the whole dark angel and forbidden romance thing you'll enjoy this book because its one of the best in that category. :)

Dayan you must read this book, it´s very good book.

Bridget you shouldnt read it, not very good...boring.

Mandy If you wanna have a laugh: read it. The plot is all over the place, as are Nora's feelings. It's rather childish and makes no sense. Nothing notable happens during entire chapters and then there is so much happening that even the writer must have forgotten what was going on...

If you're up to answering the life-altering question: 'why do fallen angels build an amusement park?' then please read it. And let me know the answer while you're at it. ;)

Bulma Books Mandy wrote: "If you wanna have a laugh: read it. The plot is all over the place, as are Nora's feelings. It's rather childish and makes no sense. Nothing notable happens during entire chapters and then there is..."

Hey, if you were living on the earth for hundreds of years, you'd get bored too and build an amusement park :)

Mandy Bulma wrote: "Hey, if you were living on the earth for hundreds of years, you'd get bored too and build an amusement park :)"

That must be it then... Total and utter boredom... Can't they do something useful instead? If my skin was 'senseless' maybe I'd become a firefighter or something like that. Put that non-sensing skin to some GOOD use!
Or, write a book?! Something that will finally give the good ol' Bible some competition. After all, they have knowledge many of us seek. And they're fallen already anyway, so... ;)

Bulma Books Mandy wrote: "Bulma wrote: "Hey, if you were living on the earth for hundreds of years, you'd get bored too and build an amusement park :)"

That must be it then... Total and utter boredom... Can't they do som..."

I like 'write a book' idea. Strange...no one ever thought of that, uh? Maybe you should send them a memo~

[Coco] No. I would really recommend not reading it.

« previous 1