Seton Hill Writers discussion

Whatever happened to your thesis ms?

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J. (new)

J. (jgunnargrey) | 5 comments Mod
Where's your thesis today? On a bookshelf, locked in an old hard drive or desk drawer, still making the editor/agent rounds, or available as an ebook?

Cheryl Grey
writing as J. Gunnar Grey

message 2: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Ravinski (cynthiaravinski) | 3 comments Mod
I've just dusted off my thesis for a once over and will be sending it on the agent rounds soon.

message 3: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 6 comments Mod
Mine is waiting for more revision. It's taking a backseat to my current WIP.

message 4: by W.D. (new)

W.D. (wdprescott) SCAVENGER is in need of a complete rewrite. But i haven't distanced myself from it all that much yet, so I'm working on other things till it feels right to go back to it.

message 5: by Alexa (new)

Alexa Grave (alexagrave) | 1 comments Mod
The Mind Behind the Mind got an edit and light revision earlier this year and the full is currently sitting at Angry Robot. I've been metaphorically biting my nails since April waiting for a decision!

message 6: by Meg (new)

Meg Mims (httpwwwgoodreadscommegmims) | 1 comments Mod
Murder at Fire Point changed to FIRE POINT, was revised after a few RWA contest feedbacks, placed 3rd and WON one contest... it's still sitting on an editor's desk at Belle Bridge Books. Sigh. Hope they offer!! I'm busy with the mss I wrote before coming to SHU, which I also revised after graduation - Double Crossing - release will be in August by Astraea Press. But y'all know that. ;-D Book cover coming shortly! It's awesome.

message 7: by Daphne (new)

Daphne (bythepen) | 3 comments Mod
Ditto to Alexa. :) A full of Legacy of Blood is sitting at Angry Robot. I got the full request during the workshop last month, and was told it would be "several months" before they get back to me, so I'm focusing on finishing the revisions of my current wip and trying not to think about the thesis novel.

message 8: by Patricia (new)

I'm sending happy thoughts to the editors at Angry Robot! :D

message 9: by J. (new)

J. (jgunnargrey) | 5 comments Mod
Ooooh, what Tricia said! I'm with Chris: Trophies will become an ebook in August.

message 10: by J.L. (new)

J.L. (hannaedits) | 1 comments Mod
It's, um, there. I have plans to turn it into two separate novels that take place concurrently and then sell it as an ebook "bundle" as some sort of crazy experimental thing. I'm not sure I could market it that way to real agents.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Hanna wrote: "It's, um, there. I have plans to turn it into two separate novels that take place concurrently and then sell it as an ebook "bundle" as some sort of crazy experimental thing. I'm not sure I could ..."

I love that idea, Hanna! Because I loved that story and those characters. *excited dance*

message 12: by Ron (new)

Ron | 1 comments Mod
It's on a stool at the soda fountain in an LA drug store waiting to be discovered. I hope the tight sweater helps.

message 13: by Ron (new)

Ron (rgwriter) | 1 comments Mod
Mine is under my bed, warding off the dust bunnies. Sometimes I pull it out and read to punish myself.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Ron wrote: "It's on a stool at the soda fountain in an LA drug store waiting to be discovered. I hope the tight sweater helps."

Ha ha, Ron! You're great. :)

message 15: by Rachael (new)

Rachael Pruitt (goodreadsdragons_harp) | 1 comments Mod
Ron, hey there!! That visual image alone should be enough to have agents swarming the drugstore counter--climbing over the Coke machine, looking for you!

You remain one of my heroes!

message 16: by David (new)

David (davidlday) | 1 comments Mod
Mine's scheduled for release in early 2013 (Feb/Mar) by Belfire Press!

message 17: by Dana (new)

Dana Marton (dana_marton) | 2 comments Mod
The first one I scrapped. It has plot issues.
The second one was published: http://www.amazon.com/Shadow-Soldier-...
The third I'm self-publishing in April.

message 18: by Patricia (new)

David wrote: "Mine's scheduled for release in early 2013 (Feb/Mar) by Belfire Press!"

Congrats! That's awesome.

message 19: by Shelley (new)

Shelley Adina | 1 comments Mod
My 2002 thesis was published by Harlequin (HER PRIVATE EYE) then I got the rights back and self published it as CAUGHT YOU LOOKING (as Shannon Hollis). I wrote two theses when I came back for my F. The first came out in September (THE WOUNDED HEART, as Adina Senft) and the second I self published (LADY OF DEVICES, as Shelley Adina).

message 20: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Andersen | 3 comments Mod
Hi Cheryl/Gunnar...It's been a long time, hey. My thesis...is published! It's Loving Luke, put out by The Wild Rose Press.

message 21: by Patricia (new)

Jenny wrote: "Hi Cheryl/Gunnar...It's been a long time, hey. My thesis...is published! It's Loving Luke, put out by The Wild Rose Press."

Congrats!!

message 22: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Andersen | 3 comments Mod
Thanks, Tricia. It was pretty cool. I've just finished a sort-of-sequel [set in same place, some revisited characters] and am going to submit it within the next week. Gotta love that clutch of adrenalin when you hit send or drop the envelope in the mail box!

message 23: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (narfnitsirk) | 1 comments Mod
I just sold mine to DarkFuse! It should be out in October 2012! My first novel sale! So excited.

message 24: by Susan (new)

Susan (smisola) | 2 comments Mod
It's fantastic to scroll through the "shelf" associated with this group and see how many SHU grads are published. A hearty congratulations to all!

message 25: by Sally (new)

Sally Bosco | 5 comments Mod
I'm proud to say that my thesis novel have just been published by QueerTeen Press. Cevin's Deadly Sin is the story of Cevin, a closeted teen cross-dresser who is struggling to make it through his senior year in a conservative Florida town. When Cevin finds the one person who can accept him for himself, he has figure out how to deal with her bully brother and make peace with his identity in order to save his own life.
Cevin's Deadly Sin by Sally Bosco Cevin's Deadly Sin

message 26: by R. Alexander (new)

R. Alexander (renegadescribe) | 1 comments Mod
Congrats, Sally! I fear my thesis waits for a rewrite on my hard drive since I could not get it published and started to see the flaws in it.

message 27: by Sally (new)

Sally Bosco | 5 comments Mod
Thanks, Alex! Don't be afraid to re-write. It's painful but usually well worth it. After you write the initial novel, you often see the bigger picture and then realize what the book needs. Sally