Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > August Group Read Winner is A Lady's Lesson in Scandal!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 212 (212 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Wendy F (last edited Jul 14, 2011 10:10AM) (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) It's that time again. Please click the link below and vote for a book for our August Group read!

http://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/51...

Again, thank you to all of our members who participate in these group reads. I look forward to all of your thoughts each month.

Aroma with Love  | 123 comments I feel bad about not starting the July read yet... For some reason I've been stuck with the book i'm currently reading for more than 2 weeks now... But I'm still voting for August :D

message 3: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Haha, you don't have to read every month. And if you want to read it you still have 3 weeks. Plenty of time.

The last two months for me were both books I'd already read. So I'm hoping that Augusts will be something new for me.

message 4: by Wendy F (last edited Jul 10, 2011 07:24AM) (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Alright! Haha, and our winner is Historical Romance!

Here are the guidelines again.

1. If your nominating a series book, please make sure that it's the first.
2. Please keep your book nomination to 1 in order to leave room for more members to select a book.
3. Please keep the genre to our winner, Historical Fiction.
4. Please do not nominate books that are only available in ebook. Not all of our members have ereaders.

A big thank you to those who participate in our group read each month.

Let the nominations begin!

message 5: by Rhiannon (new)

Rhiannon Talaga (rhiannonxirish) I would like to nominate Flame by Connie Mason.

message 6: by Mysti (new)

Mysti Parker | 27 comments I'd like to nominate The Widow of the South by Robert Hicks.

message 7: by D.G. (new)

D.G. So it's the genre Historical Fiction or Historical Romance? They are two different things, really.

message 8: by D.G. (last edited Jul 10, 2011 12:38PM) (new)

D.G. I just saw that Historical Fiction wasn't in the poll and that Historical Romance was really the winner.

I nominate The Heir (Duke's Obsession, #1) by Grace Burrowes

message 9: by Mysti (new)

Mysti Parker | 27 comments Oh right I just noticed that. All I saw was historical fiction at first...luckily my nominee has a romantic element to it :)

message 10: by Lisa P (new)

Lisa P I would like to nominate Surrender (MacKinnon’s Rangers, #1) by Pamela Clare by Pamela Clare

message 11: by D.G. (new)

D.G. Ooohhh...good one, Lisa.

message 12: by April (new)

April (quillinmom) I'd like to nominate A Woman's Heart by JoAnn Ross

message 13: by Nissie Lambert (new)

Nissie Lambert | 1 comments I would like to nominate Sweet Release by Pamela Clare.

message 14: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) D.G. ~Vile Temptress~ wrote: "I just saw that Historical Fiction wasn't in the poll and that Historical Romance was really the winner.

I nominate The Heir (Duke's Obsession, #1) by Grace Burrowes"

Oh Jeez! I'm sorry. I meant to type Historical Romance and not Historical Fiction. THat was a case of my fingers and my brain being disconnected this morning. Thank you for catching that. I fixed it in the subject line.

message 15: by Bess (last edited Jul 10, 2011 08:51PM) (new)

Bess | 1 comments I nominate To Dance with Kings A Novel by Rosalind Laker

message 16: by Elke (new)

Elke (ejurca) I nominate Unveiled (Turner, #1) by Courtney Milan !

message 18: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Jul 10, 2011 10:27PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) That one isn't historical romance, so it's probably not going to qualify. :)

Tina "IRead2Escape" (tinar1121) I nominate Someone to Watch Over Me (Bow Street Runners, #1) by Lisa Kleypas by Lisa Kleypas. It's the first in a trilogy. I really enjoyed the whole trilogy a lot.

message 20: by Lisa P (new)

Lisa P Tina "reading mommy" wrote: "I nominate Someone to Watch Over Me (Bow Street Runners, #1) by Lisa Kleypas by Lisa Kleypas. It's the first in a trilogy. I really enjoyed the whole trilogy a lot."

I haven't read this particular book by Lisa Kleypas yet...but all of hers that I have read, I have thoroughly enjoyed!

message 21: by Tina "IRead2Escape" (last edited Jul 11, 2011 09:45AM) (new)

Tina "IRead2Escape" (tinar1121) @Lisa, I really enjoyed Someone to Watch Over Me (Bow Street Runners, #1) by Lisa Kleypas alot. But, I think the next 2 are even better. It's a really great trilogy.

I'm really excited to see what we get to read...lol. When does it get posted?

message 22: by Lisa P (new)

Lisa P Tina "reading mommy" wrote: "@Lisa, I really enjoyed Someone to Watch Over Me (Bow Street Runners, #1) by Lisa Kleypas alot. But, I think the next 2 are even better. It's a really great trilogy.

I'm really excited to see what we get to read...."

I've added it to my TBR list :)

message 23: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) When I get somewhere between 10-15 nominations I will compile them into a group poll. At which time I'll open voting for 5-7 days. Then when the poll is over I will post the book and we'll have all of August to get a copy of and read the book.

I really like Kleypas, so I think I'll end up reading that either way!

message 24: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Silviya wrote: "i nominateSacred Space: The Quest for Transcendence in Science Fiction Film and Television"

Thank you for taking the time to nominate a book, Silviya. Unfortunately this isn't a Historical book, and it doesn't appear to be a romance. I can not include this book on the poll.

Please let me know if there is another book you'd like to nominate in it's stead that meets the criteria of the August Book read.

message 25: by Carol (new)

Carol Keogh (Goodfellow) (carolgoodfellowkeogh) I would like to nominate any of Amanda Quick books. Some are stand alone and others are series. I loved Second Sight- the Arcane series of her books are brilliant, her characters are vibrant and her heroines are all very liberated women. The heroes are not all tall dark and handsome but they are compelling.

message 26: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Thank you Carol. Is there one in particular that you'd like to nominate? Or did you want to nominate Second Sight?

message 27: by Carol (new)

Carol Keogh (Goodfellow) (carolgoodfellowkeogh) Sorry Wendy, I will nominate Second Sight

Aroma with Love  | 123 comments My Nomination : Beguiled (Harlequin Historical, No 408) by Susan Spencer Paul

message 29: by Brette (new)

Brette (brettemaeve13) My Nomination: Captured by the Highlander (Highlander Trilogy, #1) by Julianne MacLean

Tina "IRead2Escape" (tinar1121) {sigh}, I do love a highlander, Brette.

message 31: by Circe (new)

Circe (yoshimama) | 12 comments I would like to nominate:The Second Duchess

message 32: by Circe (new)

Circe (yoshimama) | 12 comments Carol wrote: "I would like to nominate any of Amanda Quick books. Some are stand alone and others are series. I loved Second Sight- the Arcane series of her books are brilliant, her characters are vibrant and he..."

I'm in for Amanda Quick too!

message 33: by Wendy F (last edited Jul 12, 2011 03:18PM) (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I'll take 2 more nominations before I create the poll.

Steamywindows♥♫ (steamywindows) | 11 comments How about A Lady's Lesson in Scandal by Meredith Duran ? I do not know if it is a part of a new series, but does not seem to be related to her previous works and therefore I believe could be read as a stand alone.

message 35: by D.G. (new)

D.G. Ohh...good one too, Steamy!

I think Meredith Duran writes mostly standalones so that should be fine.

message 36: by Dianne (new)

Dianne (des03) | 30 comments If I am not too late to nominate a book can I add The Flame and The Flower by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss

message 37: by Dolores (new)

Dolores Haworth | 1 comments Hoping I am not to late...my nomination is The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Highland Pleasures, #1) by Jennifer Ashley . I have never read any of Jennifer Ashley's work.

message 38: by Lisa P (new)

Lisa P Dolores wrote: "Hoping I am not to late...my nomination is The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Highland Pleasures, #1) by Jennifer Ashley. I have never read any of Jennifer Ashley's work."

I almost nominated this one too...sounds really good!

message 39: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Okay, I'll aceept the last nomination for the Jennifer Ashley. As long as they all meet the criteria, that puts me at 16 books for this poll. So I'm closing nominations now and I'll get the poll up tonight when I'm at home.

Thank you for your nominations, everyone!

message 40: by Leea (new)

Leea Yay cant wait to vote :) Thanks Wendy for all your hard work - I love the Group Reads.

message 41: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Okay, yay! The Poll is up on the homepage. The link to the poll is in the first thread.

Can't wait to see what wins.

message 42: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) And the winner is.... drumroll please.....

A Lady's Lesson in Scandal!!

A Lady's Lesson in Scandal by Meredith Duran

I'm excited!

message 43: by Alycia (new)

Alycia I got my copy today!

message 44: by Leea (new)

Leea So excited! I still need to get the ebook...

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I haven't looked for a copy yet, but I guess I'm going to have to. It looks good. :)

message 46: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I need to get my copy too! I'm excited. I think this is the first month that my vote won. I'm going to see how much it is now.

message 47: by Leea (new)

Leea Is it bad that I've forgotten which book I voted for. Haha!!

message 48: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Hahaha, that's okay. I had a few that I thought looked good.

message 49: by D.G. (new)

D.G. I just requested it from the library...let's see if it gets here on time. :)

message 50: by Circe (new)

Circe (yoshimama) | 12 comments D.G. ~Vile Temptress~ wrote: "I just requested it from the library...let's see if it gets here on time. :)"

I'm in the same boat as you D.G.

« previous 1 3 4 5
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.