Good YA Series discussion

Cassandra Clare
This topic is about Cassandra Clare
The Mortal Instruments > Upcoming Movie

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crystalways) | 305 comments Mod
There is an upcoming Mortal Instruments movie coming out in 2012. This topic's going to be devoted to news and predictions about this upcoming movie. So if you find out anything new or have thoughts on the subject, please post them.

message 2: by Crystal (new)

This is what I know so far:
1) As I said earlier, the movie comes out in 2012. That's just in time to help grieving Harry Potter (movie) fans move on.
2) It's still in pre-production at this moment according to IMDB. So they haven't started filming.
3) They've already cast Clary and Jace. Clary is going to be Lily Collins. That's the girl who played Sandra Bullock's daughter in The Blind Side. Jace is going to be played by Jamie Campbell Bower. Does that name sound familiar? He's the guy who played Caius in New Moon and Eclipse. What are your thoughts about these two actors, and how do you think they will do with these roles?
4) The director is going to be Scott Charles Stewart. Apparently, he has also directed Priest. I haven't seen that or any of his other works so I know nothing about him. Can you guys tell me what you think of his movies.

That's all I've heard so far. If find out any more information, I'll update you all about it.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I LITERALLY CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS MOVIE!! ! JCB is completely awesome, and Cassandra Clare cried when he gave his portrail of Jace. He's going to blow eveyone away!

message 4: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (crazyniko) | 18 comments When is the movie coming out?

message 5: by Crystal (new)

Andrea wrote: "When is the movie coming out?"

there isn't a release date yet. all I know is that it comes out next year in 2012.

message 6: by Erin (new)

Erin Ashby | 2 comments I hope they get the sense of humor right. Also, I can't think of a YA based movie with a gay character that's been done yet. Can anyone else? (I might be completely forgetting something. I can only think of Buffy, which is obviously TV). That's really cool.

message 7: by Crystal (new)

Erin wrote: "I hope they get the sense of humor right. Also, I can't think of a YA based movie with a gay character that's been done yet. Can anyone else? (I might be completely forgetting something. I can ..."

I can't think of one either. It would be a shame if they messed up Alec's character. He's kind of unique in this current pop YA world.

I don't think it will be too hard to capture the sense of humor that is in the books. Clare has a humor that is just easily relatable. I saw a lot of that when I was reading City of Fallen Angels.

message 8: by Crystal (new)

Sorry I haven't been as active lately as I usually am. I just got back from vacation with my family. We went to Yellowstone. It was pretty, but I'm more of an amusement park kind of girl. Anyways, I'm not up to spend on what's going on in the Mortal Instruments movie world.

There's some new buzz online. Apparently, Xavier Samuel is rumored to play Simon in the upcoming movie. Xavier is another Twilight boy. He played that vamp Riley in Eclipse. Looks he's got some experience playing vampires like Simon. Do you think Xavier will make a great addition to the cast or do you think his Twilight past will taint the Mortal Instruments?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I just wish that they would't cast anyone from the Twilight movies. Well, besides JCB, he is awesome.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't realize that a movie was coming out! I thought it was all just a ruse or something! Thank you for posting that, it just made my day! Lily Collins is such a great actress, but i'm not so sure about JCB, i've never really heard about him, besides from Twight.

message 11: by Crystal (new)

Haven wrote: "I didn't realize that a movie was coming out! I thought it was all just a ruse or something! Thank you for posting that, it just made my day! Lily Collins is such a great actress, but i'm not so su..."

I saw Bower in Sweeney Todd with Johnny Depp. He was also briefly in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Crystal wrote: "Haven wrote: "I didn't realize that a movie was coming out! I thought it was all just a ruse or something! Thank you for posting that, it just made my day! Lily Collins is such a great actress, but..."

I didn't realize that he was in those movies. i'm going to have to re-watch them and try and find him.

message 13: by Crystal (new)

Haven wrote: "Crystal wrote: "Haven wrote: "I didn't realize that a movie was coming out! I thought it was all just a ruse or something! Thank you for posting that, it just made my day! Lily Collins is such a gr..."

He's only in that one Harry Potter and you hardly notice him unless you know hat you're looking for, but he's very involved in Sweeney Todd.

message 14: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh (kayleighkingwrites) Ugh I wanted Alex Pettyfer to play Jace. Jamie Campbell Bower looks like a rat... ha sorry! I am excited that they are going to make a movie tho! I read the whole series in four days!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Kay wrote: "Ugh I wanted Alex Pettyfer to play Jace. Jamie Campbell Bower looks like a rat... ha sorry! I am excited that they are going to make a movie tho! I read the whole series in four days!"

I don't really like either one. Alex Pettyfer just doesn't do it for me. Jamie C. Bower is just kinda ok, but he isn't what i pictured Jace to be. but i'm just happy there's going to be a movie!!!

message 16: by Crystal (new)

Kay wrote: "Ugh I wanted Alex Pettyfer to play Jace. Jamie Campbell Bower looks like a rat... ha sorry! I am excited that they are going to make a movie tho! I read the whole series in four days!"

I wanted Pettyfer too. I hope the casting directors know what their doing. I hope they didn't just cast him because he was in two Twilight movies, and they think he will make them a lot of money.

message 17: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy (gracelingone) I want Benjamin Stone to play Jace D:

message 18: by Crystal (new)

Cassidy wrote: "I want Benjamin Stone to play Jace D:"

Who's Benjamin Stone?

message 19: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy (gracelingone) Crystal wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "I want Benjamin Stone to play Jace D:"

Who's Benjamin Stone?"

he plays Alek in the nine lives of chloe king
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1276105/

message 20: by Kimi (new)

Kimi (kimisokool) Cassidy wrote: "Crystal wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "I want Benjamin Stone to play Jace D:"

Who's Benjamin Stone?"

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1276105/"

Yeah I'm really liking The Nine Lives of Chloe King... What do you think?

message 21: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy (gracelingone) ★ Kimi ★ wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Crystal wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "I want Benjamin Stone to play Jace D:"

Who's Benjamin Stone?"

..."

I'm addicted to it! It's so good!

message 22: by Kimi (new)

Kimi (kimisokool) I just wish she would tell her mom what's going on and just get it over with. lol I was watching last night and I was thinking wow Benjamin Stone is pretty cute! lol

message 23: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy (gracelingone) ★ Kimi ★ wrote: "I just wish she would tell her mom what's going on and just get it over with. lol I was watching last night and I was thinking wow Benjamin Stone is pretty cute! lol"

yeah :D haha i think she should tell Brian too. He was being a d-bag last night. He shouldn't have punched poor Alek D:

message 24: by Kimi (new)

Kimi (kimisokool) I know right! Calm down. Boys can be so overly dramatic. And they think we're dramatic! lol

message 25: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy (gracelingone) ★ Kimi ★ wrote: "I know right! Calm down. Boys can be so overly dramatic. And they think we're dramatic! lol"

I know right?! It was like testosterone overload in that episode. and whats up with the fricken kidnapper man? :o

message 26: by Kimi (new)

Kimi (kimisokool) Cassidy wrote: "★ Kimi ★ wrote: "I know right! Calm down. Boys can be so overly dramatic. And they think we're dramatic! lol"

I know right?! It was like testosterone overload in that episode. and whats up with th..."

I have no idea! that was so random... what was their motivation for the kidnapping?

message 27: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh (kayleighkingwrites) Cassidy wrote: "Crystal wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "I want Benjamin Stone to play Jace D:"

Who's Benjamin Stone?"

I 3> Benjamin Stone!! he's so hot! oh and the British accent!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS MOVIE!! ! JCB is freaking awesome, and I think that Lily Collins will make a perfect Clary. I'm just waiting to hear the news for all of the other awesome people they cast.

message 29: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy (gracelingone) Kay wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "Crystal wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "I want Benjamin Stone to play Jace D:"

Who's Benjamin Stone?"

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm127610..."

agreed!!

message 30: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy (gracelingone) ★ Kimi ★ wrote: "Cassidy wrote: "★ Kimi ★ wrote: "I know right! Calm down. Boys can be so overly dramatic. And they think we're dramatic! lol"

I know right?! It was like testosterone overload in that episode. and ..."

They were like trying to sell them or something xD

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Jenna! wrote: "CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS MOVIE!! ! JCB is freaking awesome, and I think that Lily Collins will make a perfect Clary. I'm just waiting to hear the news for all of the other awesome people they cast."

I'm totally with you, Jenna! Lilly Collins will make a great clary! but i'm not so sure about JCB :)

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

JCB will do fantastic! He's a freaking good actor, and since he managed to blow away Cassandra Clare with his portrayal of Jace, I'm pretty sure that he will blow us all away.

message 33: by Tom (new)

Tom Tancin (tomtancin) | 3 comments I'm one that doesn't care for casts of movies until I see the movie. I'm not crazy about Lily Collins or JCB in this movie. I'm excited for the movie, just not about the cast. But that's how I feel about the Hunger Games movie too. I can't wait for that movie but I'm not convinced about Peeta, Gale, Effie, or Haymitch casting. Though I do like Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss (hopefully I will after I see the movie too).

Because it's a regular thing for me to not like the cast prior to the movie, I don't let it stop me from seeing the movie. And, most of the time, I'm happy with it after watching the movie. I'm hoping that's how it will be for this and Hunger Games.

message 34: by Crystal (new)

Movie Update
So it looks they may have casted Isabelle, but it's only rumored and it seems like it's between two girls. Those two girls are Tania Raymonde - who is best known for playing Alex in Lost (sorry I haven't watched Lost) - and Astrid Bergès-Frisbey - who is more known for her Spanish works, but she was also in the fourth Pirates of the Carribean (sorry haven't watched that yet either).

So you guys are going to have to tell me what you think of these two Isabelles.

message 35: by Crystal (new)

I found out yesterday via Cassandra Clare's twitter that the Isabelle rumors are untrue. Oh well. I just wish they would hurry up with pre-production and actually cast some people.

I still want to know how you guys think these girls would have done as Isabelle.

message 36: by Shaina (new)

Shaina | 42 comments I think both girls could do well, but my personal pick would be Astrid.

Sara (♥ hearts Alec Lightwood♥) | 28 comments i dont like Jamie Campbell Bower as jace... Alex Pettyfer should've been jace...

message 38: by Crystal (new)

Sara wrote: "i dont like Jamie Campbell Bower as jace... Alex Pettyfer should've been jace..."

I agree. If anyone should be rumored as a cast member it should be Jamie. I just don't see it.

Although, if I'm being honest, every time I imagine Jace, I imagine this shorter black-haired version of Jace. I've been trying to imagine tall and blond, but I feel his snarky attitude doesn't match his description.

message 39: by Shaina (new)

Shaina | 42 comments i have a friend who i always imagined looked like jace . . . Jace to me is always tall and blonde and snarky :) Alex Pettyfer all the way!!!

Mauie (The Traveling Reader) (thetravelingreader) | 7 comments Alex Pettyfer does sure fit Jace's desc better than any other actor I know. His acting is wanting but he can always learn. Hehe
(I love him to death! :D)

message 41: by Crystal (new)

Cassandra Clare wanted everyone to know that IMDB is completely unreliable for TMI movie news because anyone with a pro account can just edit the information. So I'm going to work on getting some other sources. Let me know if you guys find anything.

message 42: by Tara (new)

Tara (taterbeans) | 19 comments i agree that JCB isnt my first pick for jace however since cassandra cried with his audition i have faith that he can pull it off. and i also read somewhere that he will cut his hair for the role. i think thats whats holding me back. i hate long hair on guys.
as for my Isabelle when i saw thor i just knew she was my Isabelle. Jaimie Alexander she is just perfect. a bit older but this is how i picture her. and she can be an ass kicker!!!

message 43: by Crystal (new)

Movie Update
I found this out a long time, but I just haven't been active online lately long enough to update you all. This information is reliable because it came directly from Cassandra.

Marlene King is going to be writing the screenplay for the movie. You may be familiar with some of her work. She writes for Pretty Little Liars and is also a producer for the show.

I was a little worried at first because I thought she would make the characters as shallow as they are on Pretty Little Liars (which I do like for them - just not for TMI characters), but then I relized that they are shallow because that's how their portrayed in the book. If anything, the tv show makes them less shallow. You know what I mean if you've read the books and watched the show. I personally love them both. I'm excited to see what she'll bring to the script.

message 44: by saga (new)

saga (iyagi) No offense to everyone who likes Jamie but I think he's going to be a bad Jace. I love Jace, I just can't get over the fact that JCB does NOT make a good Jace. JCB isn't even hot, Jace = hot.

message 45: by Stevie (new)

Stevie | 14 comments I AM SO EXCITED! this is one of my FAV series! at first i was pissed about jamie. but hes grown on me. i think he'll do good! IM JUST SO EXCITED to see who play magnus bane! I LOVE MAGNUS! <3 obviously jace too! im pretty sure the movie comes out november 2012! so in about another YEAR! ahh! SUCH a long time! but im sure it will be worth the wait!

message 46: by Carla (new)

Carla (carla_moffatt) | 6 comments This is one of my favorite series! I was so excited when I heard they were making a movie, yea!! I am pretty disappointed about them casting Jamie, not because he is a bad actor or anything (defended him when my husband was knocking his acting on Camelot) but because he just doesn't have the super handsome face I always pictured on Jace...oh well, perhaps things will change. A year can be a long time.

message 47: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 41 comments Im so excited for the movie. I like Clary but I dont know if I like the guy playing Jace

message 48: by Malin (new)

Malin (takemybrokensoul) Saga wrote: "No offense to everyone who likes Jamie but I think he's going to be a bad Jace. I love Jace, I just can't get over the fact that JCB does NOT make a good Jace. JCB isn't even hot, Jace = hot."

I agree

message 49: by saga (new)

saga (iyagi) Malin wrote: "Saga wrote: "No offense to everyone who likes Jamie but I think he's going to be a bad Jace. I love Jace, I just can't get over the fact that JCB does NOT make a good Jace. JCB isn't even hot, Jace..."

Yes, that's right.

message 50: by May (new)

May | 16 comments If we could just have the jace in our imaginations *sigh*

« previous 1