High School Counseling, coun525 discussion

Mr. P.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacy (new)

Stacy Adrian | 20 comments Arnold is so taken aback when Mr. P. show interest in him. Have you seen this reaction in any kids that you have worked with?

message 2: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 31 comments I had a student that I worked with that was a real behavior problem but was super smart, I took interest in her and she got on the ball and graduated a whole school year early (then the school put the stops to graduating early) :( but she was so full of excitement because I noticed her abilities. That made me feel good too.

message 3: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (ttemplin) | 27 comments Kids love to see teachers be involved in their extra-curricular activities at school. They are always happy to see you attend their events. I have seen kids react in shock when they see you in the grocery store or shopping for example. It is sort of funny, because it seems like they just realized you don't live at the school.

message 4: by Hollie (new)

Hollie Adair | 26 comments I can identify with Arnold's reaction; I was equally surprised when Mr. P showed up to his house after Arnold chucked a book at his FACE! I agree with Brenda and Theresa, people just liked to be noticed. Little things matter. Noticing things, saying hello, even a smile. . .

message 5: by Theresa (new)

Theresa G | 26 comments When I was student teaching I had one student come in after school a few times to discuss her "out of school" life with me. She seemed to be longing for someone to express interest in her "interests".