All the pages you read discussion

Your pages challenge > Asia's 2011/2012 Challenge: 14 000 pages

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Asia (new)

Asia (jo-anna) | 44 comments Hello again!

This is my second challenge. Last year I had planned to read 12 000 pages and managed to exceed this number by 1933 (13 933 pages in total:)

This year I plan to surpass last year's number, that is, read at least 14 000 pages:)

Beginning: 3rd June 2011
End: 3rd June 2012

Wish me luck and, most importantly, a lot of time for reading!

message 2: by Asia (new)

Asia (jo-anna) | 44 comments 1. Samotność w sieci 304 pages
2. Pretties 370 pages

June: 674 pages

Samotność w sieci by Janusz Leon Wiśniewski Pretties (Uglies, #2) by Scott Westerfeld

message 4: by Asia (new)

Asia (jo-anna) | 44 comments 9. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 734 pages
10. The Black Prism 626 pages

August: 1360
Total: 4589

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling The Black Prism (Lightbringer, #1) by Brent Weeks

message 5: by Asia (new)

Asia (jo-anna) | 44 comments 11. Tunnels 472 pages
12. Wizard's First Rule 836 pages

September: 1308
Total: 5897

Tunnels (Tunnels, #1) by Roderick Gordon Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1) by Terry Goodkind

message 6: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey What'd you think of Wizard's First Rule? I read the first two books in that series and had to quit... just not my style, apparently.

message 7: by Asia (new)

Asia (jo-anna) | 44 comments I liked it enough to decide to go on with the rest of the series:)
The curious thing is that it wasn’t until I’ve read a few chapters that I realised that it was made into a tv series which I didn’t very much enjoy (I quitted after two or three episodes) ;)
But I continued with the book anyway. I was quite annoyed when Zedd disappeared from the story for so long (he was my favourite character).
I loved the part about Rachel and Gillen. That little girl won me over completely. I was on pins and needles when she was about to carry the box outside Tamarang. This was definitely the best part of the story. Unfortunately soon after that came the Mord-Sith, Denna, and made me annoyed again. It was then that I thought that I’m probably not going to read the next book. I just can’t stand reading about people or animals being tortured. But in the end her past was revealed and I felt genuinely sorry for her and decided to forgive the existence of such a distressing part. As I said, I’m going to read the second book. I’m just curious what happens next, especially to Zedd:)

message 8: by Asia (new)

Asia (jo-anna) | 44 comments 13. Eon: Dragoneye Reborn 531 pages
14. You Are Special 32 pages
15. God Emperor of Dune 464 pages

October: 1027
Total: 6924

Eon Dragoneye Reborn (Eon, #1) by Alison Goodman You Are Special by Max Lucado God Emperor of Dune (Dune Chronicles, #4) by Frank Herbert

message 9: by Asia (new)

Asia (jo-anna) | 44 comments 16. Fablehaven 351 pages
17. V for Vendetta 368 pages
18. Krew elfów 295 pages

November: 1014
Total: 7938

Fablehaven (Fablehaven, #1) by Brandon Mull V for Vendetta by Steve Moore Krew elfów (Saga o Wiedźminie, #1) by Andrzej Sapkowski

message 10: by Asia (new)

Asia (jo-anna) | 44 comments 19. The Ruins of Gorlan 249 pages
20. Xenocide 416 pages
21. Oskar i pani Róża 78 pages
22. Quo Vadis 384 pages
23. Jigs and Reels 289 pages

December: 1416
Total: 9354

The Ruins of Gorlan (Ranger's Apprentice, #1) by John Flanagan Xenocide (Ender's Saga, #3) by Orson Scott Card Oskar i pani Róża by Éric-Emmanuel Schmitt Quo Vadis by Henryk Sienkiewicz Jigs and Reels by Joanne Harris

message 11: by Asia (new)

Asia (jo-anna) | 44 comments 24. Northern Lights 399 pages
25. The Burning Bridge 262 pages

January: 661
Total: 10015

Northern Lights (His Dark Materials, #1) by Philip Pullman The Burning Bridge (Ranger's Apprentice, #2) by John Flanagan

message 12: by Asia (new)

Asia (jo-anna) | 44 comments 26. Ship of Magic 880 pages
27. The Mad Ship 906 pages

February: 1786
Total: 11801

Ship of Magic (Liveship Traders, #1) by Robin Hobb The Mad Ship (Liveship Traders, #2) by Robin Hobb

message 13: by Asia (new)

Asia (jo-anna) | 44 comments 28. Ship of Destiny 903 pages
29. The Hunger Games 374 pages

March: 1377
Total: 13078

Ship of Destiny (Liveship Traders, #3) by Robin Hobb The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins

message 14: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey Asia, this group seems to be losing participation. I started a new, similar group where I am moderator in the hopes that there will be some more active discussion. If you are interested in joining, here is the link: Page Counts.

(I would also love to know what you thought of those last two books. I'm reading Ship of Destiny now and finished Hunger Games about the same time you did.)

message 15: by Asia (new)

Asia (jo-anna) | 44 comments Thanks for the invite! And sorry for the late reply;)
I liked Hunger Games (the whole series), it was a quick and rather entertaining read. The ending was a bit sad, however. I don’t mean the death of the majority of the characters (although that was disheartening too) but what happened to Katniss at the end. After all she’d been through she deserved a better ending. But maybe I think this way because I’ve never been particularly fond of Peeta;)

With Liveship Traders, however, I fell in love almost immediately:) Usually I tend to be annoyed when the story is told from so many points of views, but here it was completely different. At times I couldn’t figure out which character I liked (or hated) the most:)

message 16: by Asia (new)

Asia (jo-anna) | 44 comments 30. Catching Fire 391 pages
32. Mockingjay 390 pages

April: 781
Total: 13859

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins

message 17: by Asia (new)

Asia (jo-anna) | 44 comments 33. Throne of the Crescent Moon 274 pages
34. Graceling 472 pages

May: 746
Total: 14605 --> the end of the challenge! 14k pages read :D

Throne of the Crescent Moon (The Crescent Moon Kingdoms, #1) by Saladin Ahmed Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore