Reader's Ink discussion

A Dog's Purpose > Announcing the August Book!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 384 comments Mod
Alisha has selected A Dog’s Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron as our book for August! I’m super excited about this book, as I’m a sucker for books written in a pooch’s first-person (sorry, first-doggy) narration.A Dog's Purpose

message 2: by Carol (last edited Jul 08, 2011 08:45AM) (new)

Carol  Jones-Campbell (cajonesdoa) | 640 comments Mod
I already have a copy on hold for this book. I absolutely love dog books. Loved "Art of Racing in the Rain", "Marley and Me." They warm my soul, make me laugh and make me cry. Good choice. The way things are going, this one will probably come before Skippy does. They tell me it is in town, since June 27, how hard is it to get it to my house!

message 3: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 115 comments Oh I love this book....and will re read it along with everyone. Such a great story....

message 4: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 134 comments I HAVE ORDERED IT FROM AMAZON. I LOVE DOG STORIES. I MIGHT EVEN LET BRENT EXPLAIN HIS DOG THEOLOGY IF YOU'D LIKE. (ASHLEY, YOU ASKED, RIGHT?)

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 384 comments Mod
YES I DID! I LOVE dog theology. But I don't remember it. :( I only remember loving it.

message 6: by Carol (new)

Cheryl, haven't heard of "dog theology" before, and your hubby studies it! What's a reader's digest definition of it. Sounds intriguing to me.

message 7: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 134 comments HE DOESN'T STUDY IT; HE MADE IT UP. HE DID, HOWEVER, COME REALLY CLOSE TO BECOMING A LUTHERAN PASTOR, WHICH I VETOED.

message 8: by Alisha (new)

Alisha Rivera | 145 comments Needed a lighter read after finishing Skippy yesterday....this one is going to go quickly!

message 9: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 134 comments WHOOOHEW! JUST RECEIVED THE DOG IN MY AMAZON SHIPMENT! I CAN HARDLY WAIT!

message 10: by Carol (new)

I'm getting into the Dog book, and am sure enjoying it so far. I really like how the author is giving them "thinking" personalities, the same personalities we might observe in a dog. I'm only 11% done but it's cute so far.

message 11: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 134 comments I'M ABOUT 50 PAGES INTO IT, AND I LIKE THE IDEA OF THE DOG'S POINT OF VIEW. TOBY THINKS LIKE MY RILEY---"ALL I NEED IS LOVE!" AND HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I SPECULATED THAT MY FUR PEOPLE WEREN'T PEOPLE IN A FORMER LIFE, OR SAID "I WANT TO COME BACK AS SO-AND-SO'S DOG"?

message 12: by Julie (new)

Julie | 168 comments Finished yesterday. Alisha- you were right on the mark with what you said about the ending. I won't say more since I know people are still reading it! :)

message 13: by Carol (new)

Read about half the book yesterday, and have about 20-30 minutes to go which I will finish today. I've enjoyed this book VERY much. Someone asked early on about cats vs. dogs. I love cats, don't get me wrong, (and that's what I have) but there is a definite difference between the two. Will be fun to hear you all's take on the book.

message 14: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 134 comments WITH CLASSES STARTING, I'M A BIT BEHIND. I PLAN TO FINISH A DOG'S PURPOSE OVER LABOR DAY WEEKEND. I'LL BE BACK ON MONDAY WITH WHAT I THINK ABOUT THE BOOK. SO FAR, I REALLY LIKE IT. MY RILEY IS VERY MUCH LIKE BAILEY...