Love With The Lights Off discussion

Book/Author Chats > "I Love You"

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jaimey, The Other Queen (new)

Jaimey (jaimeygrant) | 129 comments Mod
How important is it to you, as a reader of romance, for the h/h to say the actual words "I love you" to each other?

message 2: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (Kris65) | 10 comments actually, I have not really thought about it before--but I think it is fairly important sometime in their relationship for the words to be said. They make a great closing, much better than 'the end'.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 15 comments Extremely important. I am let down if I don't read both characters say I love you. I like the gestures, but I need the words too. :)

message 4: by Linda, The Queen (new)

Linda Boulanger (linda_boulanger) | 35 comments Mod
To me those words are always, always significant and need to be there somewhere in the story. They usually come around in my story at some aha moment - like when he realizes he really does have a heart and can't live without her or she decides she is worth him loving her. Now, usually, they have felt the feelings that go along with that much earlier, but that somehow solidifies it and changes everything.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 15 comments I like when you can see that the H/h is in love before they do.

message 6: by Beth (new)

Beth Sorensen | 10 comments In my first published novel, the main character actually has a hang up when it comes to saying I love you. She does say it once, and only once. It worked out well though. It forced me to make absolutely certain that her actions showed how she felt about the man in her life, who couldn't seem to say I love you enough.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 15 comments I admit I like when the hero says I love you first. But I don't want either character to be cruel in withholding their love to each other. I kind of like when the heroine is more hesitant to say the words, because it turns the situation around from what you might usually expect.

message 8: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 26 comments I want to see the words, I love you in stories.

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) I definitely want the words spoken before the end of the story. Some of the best stories are when they wait unil the last page to say the words.

message 10: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Henderson (peggyhenderson) | 10 comments I think the words need to be said, and not just on the last page. I don't really like a romance where the H/h don't realize or admit to each other that they're in love until the end.

message 11: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 26 comments Peggy wrote: "I think the words need to be said, and not just on the last page. I don't really like a romance where the H/h don't realize or admit to each other that they're in love until the end."

I agree.