Happiness and well-being: A course in Happiness Q&A with Frank Ra discussion

What does "happiness" mean for you?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Frank (new)

Frank Ra | 8 comments Mod
What does "happiness" mean for you? Pleasure, engagement, meaning, etc?

Geraldine (MissGee) Matiwane | 1 comments the stae of being a good and healthy place, healthy mood n living health life!

message 3: by Frank (new)

Thanks Geraldine for joining and sharing your meaning for happiness!!!

message 4: by Milena (new)

Milena Nikolić | 1 comments Happiness is love and joy,nothing more but also nothing less.

message 5: by Frank (new)

Thanks Milena for sharing! The golden mean.

message 6: by Frank (new)

As I go through all kinds of feelings and experiences in my journey through life -- delight, surprise, chagrin, dismay -- I hold this question as a guiding light: "What do I really need right now to be happy?" What I come to over and over again is that only qualities as vast and deep as love, connection and kindness will really make me happy in any sort of enduring way.

- Sharon Salzberg

message 7: by Frank (new)

What is the meaning of life? To be happy and useful.

- Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

message 8: by Frank (new)

Consider the following. We humans are social beings. We come into the world as the result of others' actions. We survive here in dependence on others. Whether we like it or not, there is hardly a moment of our lives when we do not benefit from others' activities. For this reason it is hardly surprising that most of our happiness arises in the context of our relationships with others.

- Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

message 9: by Frank (new)

Happiness is as a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but which if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.

- Nathaniel Hawthorne

message 10: by Frank (new)

Feel free to add your definitions, or quote your favourite ones. THANKS! Peace and metta,

frank

Happiness and well-being: A course in Happiness...

unread topics | mark unread