You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Closed Discussion Topic > Karen's Reporting Thread

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (last edited Oct 08, 2011 02:32PM) (new)

Karen | 41 comments 1. Book set in or containing November in title - Gone 'til November by Wallace Stroby Gone 'til November

2. Book with Topaz or Citrine in title - Topaz Woman by Christine Candland Topaz Woman

3. Book first published in 1947 - The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl

4. Book written by an American - Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran Cleopatra's Daughter

5. Book set in a country I'd like to visit - Madame Tussaud A Novel of the French Revolution by Michelle Moran Madame Tussaud: A Novel of the French Revolution

6. Genre - Who Dunnit? - Night and Day Night and Day (Jesse Stone, #8) by Robert B. Parker

7. Book by a Karen

8. Book with favorite flower on cover or title

9. Book on my TBR list longest - The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

10. Book with favorite animal or bird on cover - Homer's Odyssey A Fearless Feline Tale, or How I Learned about Love and Life with a Blind Wonder Cat by Gwen Cooper Homer's Odyssey: A Fearless Feline Tale, or How I Learned about Love and Life with a Blind Wonder Cat

11. Memoir or biography of someone I admire (for surviving her ordeal) - A Stolen Life A Memoir by Jaycee Dugard A Stolen Life: A Memoir

12. Book about an issue/cause dear to me

13. Hobby/sport

message 2: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 49982 comments Super! :)

message 3: by Alison (new)

Alison Forde | 269 comments I've been struggling to find something I fancy with November in the title - I'll check this one out!

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen | 41 comments It was difficult to find a November book. Let me know if you find something that sounds good.

message 5: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 49982 comments Don't forget that the book could also be set in November. Think of some events that happen in November - Remembrance Day, JFK assassination are two examples - and look for literature with them as the subject.

message 6: by Alison (new)

Alison Forde | 269 comments Karen wrote: "It was difficult to find a November book. Let me know if you find something that sounds good."

I've ordered an old copy of Simenon's November. I like modern detective fiction but haven't ever read any Simenon.

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen | 41 comments Moving on to Homer's Odyssey. Had to stop to read Nefertiti. It was a really good historical book. Will probably come back to read The Heretic Queen and Cleopatra's Daughter. Michelle Moran makes historical reading a pleasure. Back to the challenge now!

message 8: by Karen (new)

Karen | 41 comments I loved Homer's Odyssey. And I love, love, love Homer! He has such heart. What a great motivational story--I was expecting (but hoping it wouldn't be) a tear jerker story of a sad little cat. Instead I encountered a Braveheart! Recommend Homer and his story to everyone.

Cheryl has hopes her life will calm down soonish (cherylllr) I've been on the fence with this one - I think maybe I will add it after all. :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.