Future Writers discussion

Books > The Final Winter

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Iain (new)

Iain Wright (iainrobwright) | 9 comments Hi everyone. I'm really hoping to get my debut novel,The Final Winter, off the ground and would be honoured if you could read it. Anyone that does, please let me know and they will get my personal thanks. Its available here on Goodreads and also on Amazon. Thanks everyone! IRW
---------------------------------
On the night where it begins snowing in every country of the world, a group of ordinary people gather at an old English pub. At first they assume the weather is just a random occurrence, but as the night goes on, and weird things happen, they start to realise something far more sinister is occurring.

And that someone amongst them may be the cause of it all.

By the end of the night, not everyone will make it, and those that do may wish they hadn’t.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi! sounds good!

message 3: by Iain (new)

Iain Wright (iainrobwright) | 9 comments Thanks Emily.

So far it's been getting really good reviews. Fingers crossed they continue. IRW

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I need to write a book sometime..........(ok that was kinda random, but I do, don't I?)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Why hello Iain. Are you just breaking out in the writing world? Your book sounds interesting.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I gotta ask though. What's with the cover?

message 7: by Iain (new)

Iain Wright (iainrobwright) | 9 comments I don't know why it shows that one! That was an early template. If you check all of the places that the book is available it has a totally different cover! Check Amazon or smashwords for the offical cover which is nowhere near similar.

I'm new to the writing industry but the writing world is something I have been a part of for a long time.
IRW
And yes, Emily, above, you should absolutely write a novel. :-)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

:P Yay! How do you think of names?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

That's easy. Just get creative, and stuff. Off the top of my head I'd say--
Lizzy
Iris
jarred
Joanie
Laura
Jack
Durell
Amy

That easy

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Bob
Jim
Billy
Joe
Sally
Sue

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

No, when you do this, you have to forger those, and reach out for the good ones
Maddy
Julianna
Lauren
Sarah
Tommy
Rebecca
Courtney
Stewart.
And if worse comes to worse, you can always look up baby names on the internet.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

:P

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

BABY NAMES!!!!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Dolly

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Now just change that a bit and you get Delly! Congratulations! Your first character name!

κίρστεν (Kirsten) (kirsten_j) | 173 comments Mod
Hey Iain! I guess your book isn't at the library? I would buy it if I had a kindle. :(

message 17: by Iain (new)

Iain Wright (iainrobwright) | 9 comments It will be available in paperback in about one week. Will let you know...

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Are you just using our group as a promo?? HOW DARE YOU IAIN!!!!!! I TRUSTED YOU AND YOU DO THIS TO US?!!!?!? IM SO DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xD Samino. Why not? If his friends are here, they'd want to read his book, and if not... well the rest of us post our stories on here, published or not.

Besides, this is a future writers group for people who are gonna be famous authors some day, right? We're just helping him up a bit. :D

message 20: by Iain (new)

Iain Wright (iainrobwright) | 9 comments Oh, Samino. Just when I think we're really making progress, I go and ruin it...I will not rest until I atone for my despicable actions. FREEEEEEDOOOOOM!

xD

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

VIVA LA RESISTANCE!!!!!!!! If you want my trust again, I demand virtual cookies, and that you get involved in at least TWO other topic.

message 23: by Jack (new)

Jack | 286 comments I'm ordering it! Definitely!

message 24: by Iain (new)

Iain Wright (iainrobwright) | 9 comments Thanks Jack, I appreciate it. Let me know what you think. IRW

message 25: by Jack (new)

Jack | 286 comments Ok!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

>:(

message 27: by Iain (new)

Iain Wright (iainrobwright) | 9 comments Samino I promise I will be all over the boards tomorrow! I will post like a posting machine! I finished the first draft of my new novel today so I am all yours for a few days now! You scare me a little...

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Good. Go post on one of the other topics now though! :D