Amazon Kindle discussion

Device Related > how do you share boooks on kindle?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sheree (new)

Sheree (spk2u) | 2 comments i would like to know how to share books on Kindle. Also are there some sharing groups anyone can reccomend..thanks

message 2: by Kelly (last edited Jul 07, 2011 05:38AM) (new)

Kelly Gressley (kelmay) | 7 comments If you find out about any sharing groups please let me now. I don't know of any. My daughter just bought one - I have mine for almost a year. I made her go on my account with the kindle so we can share books. She just needs to pay me then when she buys books on her kindle.

message 4: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (dwyatt1) | 84 comments Loaning a Kindle Book
You can initiate a loan from Manage Your Kindle or the book's product detail page on Amazon.com. You'll enter the borrower's name and e-mail address and an optional notification message. Your recipient can receive the book loan even if they do not yet have a Kindle or Kindle reading application.

From Manage Your Kindle:

Manage Your Kindle lists all of your Kindle content purchases under the Your Kindle Library section.

If lending is enabled for a title, you'll see a Loan this book link in the Actions menu.

Click the Loan this book button.
You'll be directed to a form where you'll provide the borrower's name, their personal e-mail address and an optional message.

Note: Be sure to send your Kindle book loan notification to your borrower's personal e-mail address, not their Kindle.com e-mail address.

From the product detail page of a book you have already purchased:

When logged in to your Amazon account and looking at the product detail page of a book you have already purchased, a notification at the top of the page will indicate that you already own the title. If lending for the book is enabled, you'll see a second notice: "Loan this book to anyone you choose."

Click the Loan this book link.

message 5: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 243 comments http://lendle.me/ is the one I use.

message 6: by Ioana (new)

Ioana Kelly wrote: "If you find out about any sharing groups please let me now. I don't know of any. My daughter just bought one - I have mine for almost a year. I made her go on my account with the kindle so we can s..."

Kelly,
How exactly does that work? I have a Kindle, and my husband just got his, which is also on my account, so we can share some books. We read different types of books, though, so is there a way I would not get “his” books when downloading mine?
Also, if/when I archive a book on my Kindle, does that action synch on his, archiving the book? Thanks

message 7: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Gressley (kelmay) | 7 comments Ioana,
You will have to log into your Amazon account. Your account - manage your kindle.
Your library - far left hand side where is reads Actions lick and there you can deliver to his kindle a book which you had purchased. I don't think his kindle will be affected by your archiving what you do on your book. I did not do that yet

message 8: by Sheree (new)

Sheree (spk2u) | 2 comments thank you for the info

message 9: by Christina (new)

Christina Garner | 20 comments I've loaned some books to members here on Goodreads, but I want to start getting involved with an official website. There are so many books I know I'm going to burn through in a few hours and never read again; why spend $9.99 on those?

message 10: by Ioana (new)

Ioana Kelly wrote: "Ioana,
You will have to log into your Amazon account. Your account - manage your kindle.
Your library - far left hand side where is reads Actions lick and there you can deliver to his kindle a bo..."

Thanks, that was easy :)

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I think I must just want to borrow the wrong kind of books! I signed up for booklending.com a few months ago, and while I've lent out every single lendable book in my library (around 40-ish of them, I think), I've only been able to borrow the Hunger Games series and a couple of others, all of which were within the first few weeks after I joined the site. Since then... nada! Oh well.

message 12: by Summer (last edited Jul 13, 2011 02:19PM) (new)

Summer (paradisecity) Michelle wrote: "I think I must just want to borrow the wrong kind of books! I signed up for booklending.com a few months ago..."

Michelle, you might want to take a look at Lendle -- I've had much better luck there than I did at Book Lending. And Lendle will actually let you see how many (if any) copies of a book are currently available as well as how many readers are ahead of you in line. For me, that comes in pretty handy.