What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Mystery or scifi late 90's cane on cover of book

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresap30) | 8 comments Sorry the only thing I can remember about this book is on the cover is a cane. There is a boy scared of the man with this cane that is either his imagination or real not sure. I think man with can may die or gets killed. I know not much help but that is all I can remember

message 2: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2106 comments A guess...

Uncle Shamus by James Duffy
1992. Mystery.
Two poverty-stricken youngsters from shantytown plan for a lonely summer, but gentle Uncle Shamus--a blind, elderly ex-convict--involves them in an unforgettable scheme when he asks them to help retrieve the money he stole thirty years ago.

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Well Teresa is still somewhat active in GR. She hasn't posted or done anything since May, but it's summer now, and we all know what summers can be like. . . Now, if the not being able to send PMs gets fixed, we could let her know that a suggestion has been made on her book.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38241 comments Mod
Here's the cover.

Cheryl is busier irl atm. (cherylllr) PM and link sent.

message 6: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2106 comments Another possibility,

Seeing Off Uncle Jack by Bernard Ashley

message 7: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresap30) | 8 comments hey thanks i will look into these books that isn't the cover but you know they could have changed it after so many years. :)

message 8: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2106 comments Ann this query can go back to UNSOLVED.

Teresa since both above are similar the real question is was the man with cane blind? If not what sort of cane was it? Come back once you've looked at those to let us know whether it was them or not and write anything else that comes to mind. Any keywords could help with the search.

Cheryl is busier irl atm. (cherylllr) moved back to unsolved, glad Teresa is still with us

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Teresa, are you still looking or did you find this?

message 11: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresap30) | 8 comments no I never found the book the cane had a snake as handle and was just used by the man to assist in walking he wasn't blind or anything. since I don't remember much else and it has been so many years past 10 I don't think I will ever find. thanks to everyone that assisted me.

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Don't give up yet. Older requests even than yours have been found.

message 13: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments Was the book for children, teens, or adults?

message 14: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking now?

message 15: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Teresa has been active on GR within the last 24 hours so hopefully she'll let us know.

message 16: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Still looking now?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.