The Comfy Couch discussion

Perfect summer book!

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Peter (new)

Peter Medley | 1 comments The Perfect Deceit

An intriguing and fascinating book on how countries vie against each other to be top dog on the world stage. Spies, double agents, love triangles -- it’s all in a day’s work for super spy Alexey! In today’s interconnected world, this book gives an interesting perspective on how much competition goes on behind the scenes with ambitions and stakes running high. Hearts are broken and for some power is gained.

Illuminating book on the espionage sphere. Lots of mind games involved. Great book with high drama. Makes for a perfect summer read!

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura (dogsmomlaura) Hissy Fit Hissy Fit by Mary Kay Andrews

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had heard from several friends how good Mary Kay Andrews books are, that when you pick one up you don't wish to set it down until you read it cover to cover. They were correct. This is not the first one of her books I have read but it is my favorite. I enjoy her storytelling skills and her descriptive powers.

Her characters are well formed and you get emotionally involved in the story. Even those characters you know you will want to like you can find yourself hating when they are being unreasonable or foolish.

Sure you can call it chick lit, but I call it a good story.

View all my reviews