Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Janet RWA

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments Hi Janet wondering how did the book signing go? and are there photos for the days away?

message 2: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
The book signing was jam packed -- the line for readers coming in was out the door, down the hall, and down the street from what I understand. I didn't take any photos myself, but I will see if I can get some other authors to post some in our photo section. Oh, and I did collect some trading cards for the folks who wanted them from here -- I just need to finish my current book before I do anything (I am late!).

message 3: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 75 comments Well, I was going to post a picture I had taken with Janet, but now I can't find it. I know I have one... somewhere!

Dream

message 4: by JanetTronstad (new)

Actually, Dream -- any photos of the conference will be appreciated. Did you take any of the signing?

message 5: by Judy (new)

Judy Did you gals see the man on the lightpost in the middle of the square? Kerrelyn Sparks had posted that on her facebook. I guess there is always something happening there.

message 6: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments sounds really good. but I do understand the book deadline. I have seen a few of the ones the Seekers posted.

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Judy wrote: "Did you gals see the man on the lightpost in the middle of the square? Kerrelyn Sparks had posted that on her facebook. I guess there is always something happening there."

oh NY always has tons of craziness! When I was there the famous Naked Cowboy was out on the square...but thankfully he was at least in his boxers!

message 8: by Judy (new)

Judy "naked cowboy"

How funny. Not sure I ever heard about him.

message 9: by JanetTronstad (new)

Jennifer -- my niece saw him, but I was in the conference when she did. She said there was also a naked cowgirl (scantily clothed, I think). She said neither one of them looked very -- ahem -- attractive.

message 10: by Judy (new)

Judy You are giving me the giggles. Here I am trying to read a serious non-fiction book to do a review.

Janet that --ahem-- made me giggle out loud and now Ellie the coonhound is howling because she did not know what that odd noise that woke her up was. Not that I don't laugh now and again but I'm sitting alone in the bedroom in front of my computer.

There is a lesson here:
Unattractive people should not go running around big cities almost naked. I will take that to heart and not do it!

message 11: by JanetTronstad (new)

My niece is 30 and she said both the cowboy and cowgirl were 'older' -- I didn't dare ask what that meant as I'd no doubt fall into the category. And, yes, I won't be running around any big cities almost naked either.

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Janet Tronstad wrote: "Jennifer -- my niece saw him, but I was in the conference when she did. She said there was also a naked cowgirl (scantily clothed, I think). She said neither one of them looked very -- ahem -- at..."

yeah, he isn't very --ahem-- attractive! lol

message 13: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments Lol not liking that image, but it did make me laugh.

message 14: by Camy (new)

Camy (camytang) The cowboy was not bad, but the cowgirl was a bit gross, in my opinion.

message 15: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 202 comments Judy wrote: "Did you gals see the man on the lightpost in the middle of the square? Kerrelyn Sparks had posted that on her facebook. I guess there is always something happening there."

I was crossing Times Square when the police made everyone leave a certain area because there was a bag left unattended in the middle of Times Square. They put up yellow tape and everything to keep people back. They didn't have to convince me to keep moving to my hotel.

message 16: by Judy (new)

Judy I guess there is always something going on there. Still it looked like great fun!

message 17: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
I've been watching America's Got Talent again this summer with my dh. We saw it through last summer. I must say that some people are just plain exhibitionists. One guy, scrawny and in his 50's, just wore a bunch of bikini underwear and stripped down to nothing. Fortunately they didn't show the final "exposure." This year they seem to be rushing through. I'm not getting the same "connection" with some of the acts that I did last year. Not good. But maybe they don't have as many time slots this summer.
Anybody else a AGT fan?

message 18: by Judy (new)

Judy I don't watch the show but happened to see a youtube video (if that is the show that has Howie Mandell and Sharon Osborne as judeges) it was a male pole dancer. He had high heals and a silver shorts I guess. I never actually seen pole dancers but I must say that some things in life are definitely not meant for a male to do. The lady's were all hooting but I thought it looked really dumb. Just not a males role (well I suppose a female shouldn't either)

message 19: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 75 comments Janet, I'll see what I can find. :)

RE: The naked cowboy and cowgirl, I had the dubious pleasure of seeing them both. Cowboy had on briefs, but nothing else, and no, he wasn't a sight to write home about. The cowgirl, well, all I will say is that there are some images that will burn our brains forever, and I don't mean that in a good way. She only wore panties and pasties and had the rest all hanging out. So yeah, there are some sights of New York you are better off not seeing. :(

message 20: by Judy (new)

Judy I don't this is not funny but I keep getting the giggles. What some people won't do for attention.

I have to ask, do they wear boots and a hat? Is that what makes them cow people?

message 21: by Judy (new)

Judy I don't suppose they have a future in Debra Clopton's books either huh? :-)

message 22: by Lyn (new)

Judy, I'll ask Debra! She's at cowgirl Christian camp this summer as a couselor or helper it sounded to me.
Yes, Howie and Ms. Osbourne are judges.

message 23: by Judy (new)

Judy She even would have a title already "Her Naked Cowboy" hehehehehe don't quite fit into a Love Inspired theme does it. It is truly sad.

I am amazed at how people dress (not that I'm perfect). With my weight I would never put on spandex shorts 2 sizes too small and a top that is 4 sizes too small and go out shopping, but I've seen it. Oh who needs tv with such entertainment out there for free!

message 24: by Lyn (new)

BTW, Ann Gabhart is my guest today, speaking about her new Shaker novel, Blessed is Lacey. She's giving away a book if you want to stop by and leave a comment. http://bit.ly/gRCEBN

message 25: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments Thanks for letting us in on your guest today, this book sounds so good, Her character is like so many women, always thinking of others. I dont think I have read any of her books but I like amish stories. thanks for sharing Lyn.

message 26: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments I usually watch AGT, but for some reason i couldn't get into it this year, but I did see the male pole dancer. All of my friends and I were eating dinner after church and couldn't believe what was happening and the fact that Howie put him through just made it even worse! I don't think he will get passed the next round though.

message 27: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Judy wrote: "I don't this is not funny but I keep getting the giggles. What some people won't do for attention.

I have to ask, do they wear boots and a hat? Is that what makes them cow people?"

lol, well the guy where's the boots and cowboy hat, don't know about the lady.

message 28: by Judy (new)

Judy I only seen the youtube and I know the other guy beeped him and I respected that. The video ended before saying what would happen.

Glad I'm not alone in thinking it was an odd performance. He called himself a "poleformer"

message 29: by Judy (new)

Judy Okay, so I got curious and looked up the naked guy. I can't believe all the people who go to see him and touch his butt. Or that he roams around like that in the winter.

message 30: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments The idea of a naked cowboy just doesn't gel. I mean how could he round up long horns with nothing on! its like the books with shirtless cowboys how often does that happen when they are working!

message 31: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (JillianHart) Okay--speaking personally--I always try to HIDE my cellulite, not let it hang out for the world to see. What's up with the naked guy? LOL.

message 32: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments Jillian we have been brought up to be modest right.

message 33: by Judy (new)

Judy Ausjenny- Thanks for the laugh. I do wish I did not have such a visual mind though. At least I know the guy is running around with whitey tighties so I did not get a naked image rustling a long horn.

Oh it's good to giggle as long as Ellie the coonhound don't freak and start howling.

message 34: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments Oh giggling hurts but glad you got a giggle. glad Ellie didn't freak out.

message 35: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Jillian wrote: "Okay--speaking personally--I always try to HIDE my cellulite, not let it hang out for the world to see. What's up with the naked guy? LOL."

bahahaha! Apparently he doesn't mind showing his cellulite and much more!

message 36: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Ausjenny wrote: "The idea of a naked cowboy just doesn't gel. I mean how could he round up long horns with nothing on! its like the books with shirtless cowboys how often does that happen when they are working!"

hehehehe...true!

message 37: by Lyn (new)

Cellulite! Jillian! Wash your mouth out with soap. We don't talk about that here! :-)

message 38: by Jillian (last edited Jul 08, 2011 02:32PM) (new)

Jillian (JillianHart) I know, Jennifer, can you imagine??

Lyn--ROFL. Ok. Sorry!

Jill, running off to find the soap

message 39: by Judy (new)

Judy If all my "C" (don't want offend Lyn hahaha) was gone and not showing I don't know if I would exist. I think my body has turned into one big glob of "C" I should go use that nice exercise bike in the family room that I just had to have to ride along with Jerry.

message 40: by Lyn (new)

Judy, let's just ignore the C, okay?

message 41: by Judy (new)

Judy But Lyn how can I? It's in my way, I have to move it to do anything or go anywhere. Oh dear, I'll do my best to ignore it.

message 42: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments C what C the only C words I recognise are Chocolate Christmas and Cricket, so every time I see the C it use one of them.

I got into trouble for saying one C Word at Tafe/college and that was Christmas.

message 43: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments Judy its your over active imagination!

message 44: by Judy (new)

Judy Right, thats why my jeans wear out from all that non-friction

message 45: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (JillianHart) Judy--I know all about that friction

Ausjenny--I like the way you think. With me, it's chocolate all the way. : )

message 46: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments No Judy you are just to active and they wear out because of the activity.

message 47: by Judy (new)

Judy oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh I did not realize that.
Thanks Ausjenny :-)