Karen Kingsbury Lovers! discussion

Monthly book > July Book-Learning

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 444 comments Mod
Feel free to discuss the book. Make sure you warn us if you are talking about something that might spoil things for us! ***** I will post questions soon.

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 51 comments For me, Learning was even better than Leaving. Karen is doing a fabulous job with this series, I think. I'm not quite as enamored with Brandon as I was earlier, though. He's still great, but, is it just me, or is he getting a little bit "over the top" with his actions now?

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

I think it's sweet, but that's just me. I am more attracted to guys who do random fun things like that though, so maybe that's why I don't see it that way. lol

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 51 comments I love the randomness of it, and it is sweet, but I guess it sometimes strikes me as trying a little bit too hard. Maybe not, though. LOL

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Well, he I think he does that to show her how much he wants to be with her and that he isn't going anywhere because He is in love with her. ******spoiler alert**** The whole Empire State Building was cute the first time, but I loved it when he made her Skype from there. I think it just shows how different that relationship is from the one she had with Cody.

message 6: by Janet (new)

Janet | 21 comments I want to like Brandon with Bailey but I am having a hard time. Bailey is just so different than the whole Hollywood scene, Brandon is so over the top. I am still hoping she ends up with Cody at the end. I love how Karen still makes sure we are caught up with the Baxters.

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

I love the Baxters! I am glad she continued with them as well!

message 8: by Emily (new)

Emily Grace | 5 comments Hello, I'm new but I really wanted to jump in the discussion.
I loved Learning more than Leaving. To me I love Brandon's acts to show Bailey how much he loves her. ***Spoiler Alert*** Jennifer I agree with the whole Empire State Building scene. The fact that he went through all that trouble just to make a night special is sweet to me. I'd want a guy who'd do that. But not the Empire State Building thing I'm terrified of heights! :P
In the beginning I REALLY did not want Bailey with Brandon and made myself not like him. :P I was still a fan of Cody. But then I started seeing how Brandon was doing everything he can to talk to Bailey and see her. Cody made all contact with her end. Now I see how Brandon is like made for her! Cody is good with Cheyenne. They both are growing in their faith after Iraq.
Anyway that's my input! :D

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

I loved it more than Leaving too! Ready for the third one to come out!