Lit Lawvers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Monthly Book Discussions > July 2011: THE ART OF RACING Discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Thomas (new)

Thomas | 9 comments Has anybody read "The Art of Racing in the Rain"? I am flying to CA on Saturday and want a good book to read on the plane.

message 2: by Sera (new)

Sera I read this one a few years ago. I loved it - 5 stars for me. It's pretty sad, though.

message 3: by Thomas (new)

Thomas | 9 comments I don't know if I am reday for "sad" just yet!Thanks, both of you for the info. By the way, Great group site!

T.

message 4: by Sera (new)

Sera That's why I figured that I mention it :)

message 5: by Thomas (last edited Jul 07, 2011 12:48PM) (new)

Thomas | 9 comments Thanks...Don't spoil, but almost all dog stories end up qwith the dog departing this life. By the way, if you are a dog lover, you might want to read,"The Divine Life of Animals" by Ptolemy Tompkins. Besides having a great name, the author propses some very interesting ideas about the animal after life.

T.

message 6: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Cullen (cullister) | 2 comments I didn't see a welcome topic for new members so I jumped on this one just to introduce myself. I'm a lawyer in-house in Canada. My reading habits are mostly sci-fi/fanatsy/horror but I love the classics and am sorry to have missed your Lolita discussion, I was reading it around the same time.

message 7: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia | 13 comments Hi. I am also a new member in the group. I am a lawyer at a small firm in Denver, Colorado. "The Art of Racing in the Rain" is a wonderful book. The narrator Enzo is one of my favorite characters in recent books. There is even a little bit of courtroom drama in the story. I have given a copy of it as gifts to several of my close friends and family.

message 8: by Sera (new)

Sera Thomas wrote: "Thanks...Don't spoil, but almost all dog stories end up qwith the dog departing this life. By the way, if you are a dog lover, you might want to read,"The Divine Life of Animals" by Ptolemy Tompkin..."

Sounds interesting, Thomas. I'll make note of it. And Sylvia, I agree that Enzo is an amazing narrator. I absolutely loved the story.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.