CLEAN Roleplays discussion

Ancient Roleplays > Egyptian Roleplay

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, Master of the Voices (new)

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 448 comments Mod
((Start. Keep it clean!))

message 2: by Selina—Η κόρη του Απόλλωνα, "The realization of meaningless itself means nothing" -U.C. (new)

Selina—Η κόρη του Απόλλωνα (selinawolfmoon) | 1778 comments Mod
Zahur looked around the market place with boredom in his eyes. Many people mistook his boredom for patronizing superiority, but it wasn't. Zahur was bored with where he was. He wanted a challenge—something interesting. His parents wouldn't even let him get a proper tutor for fighting. They told him he had soldiers to fight for him. But it's not like they defended him. Not like they cared when his father raised a hand to him. Or even low-class citizens. Everyone seemed go hate Zahur, but he couldn't do a thing about it, and so he became bored.

Chione searched the palace wildly. "Have you seen the Princess? Has Princess Rune been through here?" she asked the servants she passed. She understood the princess's need to be free and escape the constricting limits of royalty, but couldn't she do it in her spare time? She was supposed to be at a lesson!

message 3: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, Master of the Voices (new)

Rune leaned against the trunk of the lone tree in the courtyard, reeds and ferns hiding most of her body. She removed her sandals and pressed her toes into the cool pool, there to keep everyone cool. Vaguely she heard people moving around her, but ignored them. She didn't really want anyone bothering her.

message 4: by Selina—Η κόρη του Απόλλωνα, "The realization of meaningless itself means nothing" -U.C. (new)

"Rune," Chione hissed under her breath. Another servant, carrying a wicker basket filled with rich cloth, paused and mentioned, "Do you seek the princess? I last saw her on the path to the Calming Pool." Chione bowed sharply and took off down the sand-stone path that had some of the most fertile soil in the kingdom, allowing for the most luscious and exotic plants to grow, some of which had been brought by Prince Zahur's family.

message 5: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, Master of the Voices (new)

Rune's eyes flickered open in annoyance as she heard approaching footsteps. The path had only one destination; the Calming Pool, where her toes now resided. Was it really that hard to get some peace? Apparently, because for all the years Rune had been striving for it, she'd yet to find more than a few minutes. She quickly rearranged her face to appear more regal and more in control, less annoyed.

message 6: by Selina—Η κόρη του Απόλλωνα, "The realization of meaningless itself means nothing" -U.C. (new)

"I understand your dislike of lessons, but your father is already cross, what with everything going on recently. Please don't give him any reasons to be further upset," Chione cooed.

message 7: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, Master of the Voices (new)

"And hello to you too," Rune said, her tone sarcastically cheery as she stood up. "What lesson am I missing out on now?" She asked, her mouth twisting into a small smile. As much as she disliked her lessons and the fact Chione had to drag her there every day, she still liked Chione herself.

message 8: by Selina—Η κόρη του Απόλλωνα, "The realization of meaningless itself means nothing" -U.C. (new)

Chione smiled back, an apology for not greeting Rune properly mixed in with it. "I believe today's lesson was to be manners, but I somehow managed to convince your tutors that you were already well-versed in the area, so they switched the lesson to something they thought you might enjoy more. Writing." Chione personally would have loved to learn to write. She'd sometimes listen in on the tutors teaching reading, so she had a basic grasp of literature, but she'd give almost anything to learn to write. While the princess didn't enjoy her lessons, Chione envied Rune because she was allowed to be taught.

message 9: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, Master of the Voices (new)

Rune nodded, standing slowly. "Thank you for asking it to be changed," She said, being sincere.

message 10: by Selina—Η κόρη του Απόλλωνα, "The realization of meaningless itself means nothing" -U.C. (new)

Chione nodded and bowed curtly. "And remember, the sooner you get your lessons done, the sooner you can go out and explore without the whole palace searching for you!" she added, grinning.

message 11: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, Master of the Voices (new)

Rune flashed a grin. "Excellent. Lead the way." She followed Chione through the halls, practically ignoring everyone who was beneath her position. Which was mostly everyone. She simply wasn't in the mood. "I heard a rumour," She told Chione as they walked.

message 12: by Selina—Η κόρη του Απόλλωνα, "The realization of meaningless itself means nothing" -U.C. (new)

"Rumours aren't to be trusted, but go on," Chione said, walking slower to allow more time to talk before the lesson.

message 13: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, Master of the Voices (new)

"I heard my... Betrothed... Was in town, yet no one has told me outright. Is this true?" Rune asked, fixing her gaze on Chione.

message 14: by Selina—Η κόρη του Απόλλωνα, "The realization of meaningless itself means nothing" -U.C. (last edited Jul 30, 2011 11:09AM) (new)

"He is, yes. I saw him this morning in the marketplace. No one told you because he's not supposed to be here. His family has declared him missing, as he ran away from them to come here, I believe," Chione examined seriously. Then her eyes glinted and she added, "He seems fairly eager to see you." She added a wink and paused, seeing their destination up ahead.

message 15: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, Master of the Voices (new)

Rune stopped herself from rolling her eyes, but couldn't stop a scowl to come over her mouth. "Lovely."

message 16: by Selina—Η κόρη του Απόλλωνα, "The realization of meaningless itself means nothing" -U.C. (new)

"Remember," Cione repeated, "Good manners equals a quick lesson. Quick lesson equals more time to run away and be whoever you want to be, no strings attached." The handmaiden smiled happily at Rune and gave a deep bow. "Hope to see you soon," she mused.

message 17: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, Master of the Voices (new)

"Thank you," Rune answered, dipping her head in acknowledgement. "Enjoy your duties." She headed into her lesson.

message 18: by Selina—Η κόρη του Απόλλωνα, "The realization of meaningless itself means nothing" -U.C. (new)

After Rune disappeared behind a corner, Chione allowed herself to sigh and slump a little, a tired smile growing on her face. "But, ma'am, with you being preoccupied by a teacher, I have no duties to enjoy!" she whispered to herself sarcastically. It was the joke of the servants that Chione's only responsibility was to keep the princess out of trouble—a job that, according to the palace servants, she did not do a good job at. This was not true, however, Chione reminded herself, making her way towards the dining facilities to help prepare a meal.

message 19: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, Master of the Voices (new)

Rune quickly rearranged her face again and walked into her lesson, head held high, a smile on her face, although her eyes were still dead. "Morning." She started her lesson, rambling off all instances of perfect manners.

message 20: by Selina—Η κόρη του Απόλλωνα, "The realization of meaningless itself means nothing" -U.C. (new)

((Should I make a tutor for her or should we time skip?))

message 21: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, Master of the Voices (new)

((Um... Let's skip.))

message 22: by Selina—Η κόρη του Απόλλωνα, "The realization of meaningless itself means nothing" -U.C. (new)

((Okiez))

Zahur walked by the palace, pulling his hood closer around his face. Sweat dripped down the back of his neck even though the cloak was lightweight material so it berated easier. He glanced in the courtyard and saw Rune's handmaiden standing in the shade of a palm, obviously waiting for someone or something.

message 23: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, Master of the Voices (new)

Rune waited impatiently, her hands clasped in the perfect manner behind her back.
"You may go now," Her tutor finally dismissed her. Rune was immediately gone, hurrying down the halls to get out of the stuffy palace.

message 24: by Selina—Η κόρη του Απόλλωνα, "The realization of meaningless itself means nothing" -U.C. (last edited Aug 07, 2011 07:23PM) (new)

Chione looked up in time to see her princess rush from the confining cage her house had become. "Well, you could at least try to look a little upset about leaving your home," Chione chided jovially, bowing in greeting.

message 25: by Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake*, Master of the Voices (new)

Rune's mouth twisted into a small smile. "I'm not at all upset," She said cheerily. "And I won't pretend to be until my father is around."

message 26: by E.E.S. (new)

E.E.S. (classicsvariety) | 52 comments (How should I enter? I'm Nubia, a servant. Should I have her be Rune's maidservant? Chione's assistant?)