Simply Irresistible Jill Shalvis discussion

Off Topic Chat > Music

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 246 comments Mod
I love music, its right up there with books for me..I'm not sure which one would win in a contest! And I LOVE Bono, love U2, the man is pure genius and hot to boot. After seeing this vid, I adore him all the more! I can't explain how much I love him, but he's probably the ONLY celebrity I would lose my you know what over if I ran into him.

http://www.u2.com/media/index/mediapl...

message 2: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (shellye77) Right now I'm loving Adam Levine from Maroon 5, he's so hot and love their music!

message 3: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

oh man! I LOVE Adam Levine!

message 4: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (shellye77) Did you see one of my pictures, it's him, naked!

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) I love music especially music from the 70s.

message 6: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

I've seen that one Shelly! Sooo naughty

I'm an 80s girl!

message 7: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (shellye77) Even though I was born in the late 70's and grew up in the 80's, I much prefer the music of today, mostly pop/rock/alternative. Right now I'm listening to Shinedown, one of my hubby's favorites, and mine!

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) I like a little bit of almost everything. I hated disco, though and don't care for rap or heavy metal. But pop, rock, country, alternative, reggae, show tunes, 50s and 60s, 80s and 90s, etc.... I can listen to it all.

message 9: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments I listen mostly to classical music, but I do like the Plain White Tees and Autumn turned me on to Adele lately. Occassional I listen to country and rock.

message 10: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (shellye77) Classical Lisa? I enjoy it sometimes, but feel lost because I don't know much about it.

message 11: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments Yeah, I go to the opera on occasion too. :) Love the costumes!

message 12: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (shellye77) Did you start at a young age? I'm just fascinated by it and opera, and use to listen every morning at work, but never learned anything. I'm the type that likes to understand everything. Any suggestions? I wonder if they have a classical music for dummies book? Need to check that out in morning!

message 13: by Lisa Kay (last edited Jul 06, 2011 10:08PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments Yes, I started at a young age. LOL! My father had a great stereo system that he put in the master bedroom closet and that closet shared a wall with my bedroom. He would play classical music every night. I wasn’t allowed to play/listen to any of my age group’s music b/c my dad couldn’t stand “that racket” (not for any religious reasons). I know a lot of show tunes, LOL! We had to wear headphones when watching TV too.

I’m not that great with knowing all the names of operas and symphonies, but I do like Mozart and Beethoven. Yes, there are a couple of books for these subjects.
Classical Music for Dummies by David Pogue Opera Web Browser for Dummies by Brian Underdahl

I hear they are making Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon into a musical also.

message 14: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (shellye77) I'll have to check out the books, thanks Lisa!

I think I'll skip the Outlander musical, lol

message 15: by Dee (new)

Dee | 44 comments I love just about any kind of music which is not to say i like all of any kind of music. too me it is on an individual basis... i am mostly a country music fan but i can also listen to ozzie, ICP, and anything 80;s Too me George, Tim, and zac brown are about as good as it gets lol... I also like uncle kracker...wow too many to name haha