Teens Addicted to Writing and Reading discussion

Your Writing! > Poems!

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ally, The Epically Unique One (new)

Ally (tennis_reader) | 35 comments Mod
Post any poems you may have written....HERE!!! As always, I'll try my very hardest to read each and every piece posted!

message 2: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan | 14 comments the majority of my poems are here:
http://lifeatthenextright.tumblr.com/

message 3: by Ally, The Epically Unique One (new)

Meaghan, they're really good! You're very talented!

message 4: by MizziQ (new)

MizziQ My filter won't let me go there. Could you post it on GR or on this thread.

message 5: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan | 14 comments well, i have about 120 poems on that site so i probably can't post them all in this thread and by posting them on GR do you mean like in my writing section?...and thanks, Ally! it means a lot to me. I actually haven't really shown my poetry to many people :)

message 6: by MizziQ (new)

MizziQ yha on GR in the writing section on your profile. wow! thats alot! :)

message 7: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan | 14 comments haha yeah...back in march i vowed to write every day so i started writing a poem every night since. today was 126 i believe...but like 50 of them were haikus so i dont really think those should count

message 8: by MizziQ (new)

MizziQ Wow. That takes some motavation. :)

message 9: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan | 14 comments yeah i guess so...it was also a means of venting. I was going through some rough times then so I turned to writing for help. And help it did :)

message 10: by MizziQ (new)

MizziQ Yha. Even if your not talking about yourself when I'm writing stories I talk about other people's lives and how I think they would go. I wrote my short story right after a friend of mine died so killing off my characters seemed like the thing to do. After that I decided writing dark comedy was kind of fun so I decided to do that for a while.

message 11: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan | 14 comments I feel the same way. It's really easy to get lost in the inspiration other people's lives give you. Like when I was struggling, I talked with a friend of mine who experrienced what I was going through and she told me about a friend of hers who committed suicide. And I found it easy to write in that perspective. And sometimes in my sister's perspective when she was battling anorexia...but i think i got some really good works out of it...and since then I find it easier to write more tragic works...my sister says i have a very twisted mind for a person so happy :D

message 12: by MizziQ (new)

MizziQ Yha. For some reason writing tragic stories makes me feel a little relived. Like I just dropped all MY troubles into the story and they no longer exist while I'm writing.

message 13: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan | 14 comments i put some of them on GR:
http://www.goodreads.com/story/list/5...

message 14: by MizziQ (new)

MizziQ Some? Haha! I'll only be able to read a few tongiht but I'll read them. :)

message 15: by MizziQ (new)

MizziQ I read to #40. I thought they were amazing! Thanks for taking the time to put them on. :) I'll read more sometime else. :) Your really talented!

message 16: by Ally, The Epically Unique One (new)

She is, isn't she? I like the one about Society. It's just so powerful. I'm not a big poetry reader but Meaghan's are really good!!