High School Counseling, coun525 discussion

Family

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 31 comments As a counselor, what kinds of things would you discuss with Arnold about his family life?

message 2: by Stacy (new)

Stacy Adrian | 20 comments I would try to get him to talk about how he feels in his family. I would focus on him and the role that he feels he has.

message 3: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (ttemplin) | 27 comments I would focus on his feelings and what it is like to be him. I would like to focus on his talents to show him he has a future.

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura | 20 comments I would encourage him to talk about how he feels he fits in within his family and how he feels about that. I also agree that any talents should be praised and discussed so that he is aware of the positive things in his life that he has going for him.

message 5: by Eden (new)

Eden Cuypers | 15 comments I would encourage him to talk about anything that he would like to talk about, but also see what his opinions may be about his family life. What are his feelings about his parents? Maybe he feels that his family life is totally normal and nothing is wrong. I would be interested to hear what he is thinking.

message 6: by Krista (new)

Krista (kbjella) | 27 comments I would focus on how Arnold feels about himself and try to get him to focus on the positive aspects of himself. He is smart, artistic etc. So much of his life isn't in his control, but he has control to make his life different if he chooses (and he does later in the book).

message 7: by Kristi (new)

Kristi Boese | 20 comments I think it would he interesting to have his describe his ideal family. What does it look like? How do the family members interact. Hearing about his ideal and then asking how his family differs from the ideal would be a good way to for him to evaluate his circumstances. I think he would realize the good aspects of his family through this process.