THE JAMES MASON COMMUNITY BOOK CLUB discussion

Authors and Their Books > The Briton and the Dane: Birthright - Mary Ann Bernal

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rick-Founder JM CM BOOK CLUB  | 7278 comments Mod
The Briton and the Dane Birthright by Mary Ann Bernal Mary Ann Bernal

It was a time before chivalry,before knighthood,before the birth of the great Bard.It was long after the Legions of glorious Rome left Britannia to the Barbarian hordes and Hadrian's Wall no longer divided the island that a great King sought to unite the Anglo-Saxon Kingdoms of England.
Travel back in time to Ninth Century Anglo-Saxon Britain and the reign of Alfred the Great who successfully repelled the Viking threat and drove the formidable Danish King Guthrum out of his Kingdom of Wessex.

Journey throughout Britannia where Lord Richard and his children risk their lives in the service of their King; where treachery and treason threaten the uneasy peace; where the outcome of one battle determines the course of history

message 2: by MaryAnn (new)

MaryAnn Bernal (mary_ann_bernal) | 7 comments Below are two Amazon reviews - one from the US and one from the UK

5.0 out of 5 stars History at its best, April 23, 2011
By Matulich, S. L. "Nduna, Inkozosana and Cheyen... (Odenton, MD United States) - See all my reviewsThis review is from: The Briton and the Dane: Birthright (Paperback)
I loved history when I was in school. My teach brought past worlds to life. This is what Mary Ann does. She brings a time that we see on TV and learn in school. It is a renaissance time with everything coming to life in a book. The sights, sounds, smells and battles that leave you breathless because you are in the scene. Great writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eglish reader, 4 July 2011
By Barby - See all my reviewsThis review is from: The Briton and the Dane: Birthright (Paperback)
I thought this book was very good indeed. Many different characters to get to know.

I was particularly impressed with the way the chariot races were explained, and felt as though I was actually there at times.

I look forward very much to the next book when the story continues.

message 3: by MaryAnn (new)

MaryAnn Bernal (mary_ann_bernal) | 7 comments Nook book link for The Briton and the Dane: Birthright

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-b...

Mary Ann wrote: "Below are two Amazon reviews - one from the US and one from the UK

5.0 out of 5 stars History at its best, April 23, 2011
By Matulich, S. L. "Nduna, Inkozosana and Cheyen... (Odenton, MD Unite..."

wonderful reviews!!!!!

message 5: by MaryAnn (new)

MaryAnn Bernal (mary_ann_bernal) | 7 comments Thanks Rick

Mary Ann wrote: "Thanks Rick"

received books- so absorbing!!! amazed at the sense of time period you have perfectly captured!! books to savor!! The Briton and the Dane Birthright by Mary Ann Bernal The Briton And The Dane (#1) by Mary Ann Bernal

message 7: by MaryAnn (new)

MaryAnn Bernal (mary_ann_bernal) | 7 comments Thanks Rick - glad you are enjoying the adventure.

Any new books to promote