Angels and Fallen Angels discussion

TV and Movies > Documentary (sort of) on the Nephilim.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 06, 2011 09:19AM) (new)

I'm not sure what makes this more difficult to take in: the ultra-cheesey science fiction sound track music or the fact that it's narrated by a Fabio look-a-like, but anyway, it does make you scratch your head a little, providing of course there's any truth to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek4F65...

message 2: by Colleen (new)

Colleen | 432 comments Mod
Thanks for the link. It is an interesting discussion and in the end it will come down to faith, for many, on who the Nephilim really were. I have been taught, that they were the result of the union of the angels (sons of God) and the women (daughters of men) which created the giants of old (Nephilim). I know there are other interpretations of the texts, but I'm comfortable with this one.

I agree that the council of Nicea made a mistake in editing out so many texts that were regarded, at the time, as authoritative works and placing them in the category of Pseudepigrapha (false works).

On principal, I always get nervous when those in power start destroying books because they don't agree with what's in it. There is something inherently wrong about that.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

The format and sound track of that clip is unfortunate, because it discourages you from taking it seriously at all, but at the same time, there's no culture on earth that doesn't have similar stories.

message 4: by Nyla (new)

Nyla Craig wrote: "The format and sound track of that clip is unfortunate, because it discourages you from taking it seriously at all, but at the same time, there's no culture on earth that doesn't have similar stories."

Yeah, and what are the chances that almost ALL indigenous cultures, no matter the century, have those stories? Some of these cultures are separated by thousands of years and miles. What some call angels, other people might call ET's or extra-dimensionals. Looking forward to watching the clip.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

More of the same but at much greater length.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLBIXq...

message 6: by Colleen (new)

Colleen | 432 comments Mod
Craig wrote: "More of the same but at much greater length.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLBIXq..."

Craig, do you think this video is real or fake? I find it hard to believe.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't put any faith in it at all, but even if the guy is just trying to make money using a subject that will draw people of faith, there's always some possibility of real facts being sprinkled throughout the narration that might be true. I wouldn't recommend enduring the whole thing just to find those facts though, which in themselves would be hard to seperate from the rubbish.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I think most of those photos have been proven to be faked. I do apologize... my initial posting (I thought) made it clear that the "documentary" I originally posted wasn't really meant to be taken seriously and I just assumed the other was to be taken no more seriously than the other. I should have emphasized that more to avoid confusing anyone.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Anything is possible I suppose, but I won't take anything on faith that is so easily manipulated like a photograph.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

The blessing and the curse of modern technology.