College Students! discussion

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 4407 comments Mod
anybody have any magazines or newspapers that they always read?

As far as magazines go..I read Nylon and Time.

Newspapers..generally the Wall Street Journal.

message 2: by Katerina (new)

Katerina | 252 comments I read Glamour magazine and the Rachel Ray magazine!

message 3: by Spencer (new)

Spencer (spencerafreeman) I love fashion magazines and eventually want to work for one... Every month I buy Glamour, Lucky, InStyle, Marie Claire, and alternate between Elle and Vogue. I love collecting them, too, so I never throw away past issues.

message 4: by Spencer (new)

Spencer (spencerafreeman) As far as newspapers, I usually read them online- New York Times, Atlanta Journal Constitution, LA Times... Easier to read through pages online, and I don't waste as much paper buying newspapers everyday

message 5: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Anastasia..it sounds like you and I have alot in common as far as loving fashion!! :)

message 6: by Janet (new)

Janet I usually don't read the paper except during the summer when I am at work. I also am obsessed with People magazine and Cosmo. I am all about celebrity gossip! Haha. :)

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 143 comments I'm with Janet..I read People alot. gotta get that celebrity gossip in..my life clearly is not that interesting. haha.

message 8: by Spencer (new)

Spencer (spencerafreeman) Jamie, it really does! It excites me! (not in a stalkerish way or anything though- don't worry, haha)

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 143 comments Jamie..I just picked up a copy of Nylon..
i LOVE it.

message 10: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

isn't it AMAZING?

message 11: by kate (new)

kate (katelucia) I settle for Nylon but JANE was my favorite. And then they stopped printing it. I've been inconsolable every since.

message 12: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Jane was great!!

message 13: by Jen (new)

Jen | 111 comments hmmm. Ive never read Nylon before. I may have to check it out...

message 14: by Justine (new)

Justine (paperbackheart) BUST and Nylon are my two staples. I recently subscribed to Domino and EW. I pick up an Instyle, Glamour, etc. sometimes, or a photography magazine.

message 15: by Darryl (new)

Darryl Entertainment Weekly, my local newspaper (for coupons), Mad Magazine, People, Star

and that's about it right now.

I used to read video game magazines, but I haven't had time since school started

message 16: by Spencer (new)

Spencer (spencerafreeman) Jane was my favorite magazine too, kate. I still haven't found a magazine quite as good to replace Jane. We should petition to bring it back!!

message 17: by kate (new)

kate (katelucia) Yes we should! I was so upset that they just expected us to be okay with it. ::sniffles::

message 18: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

I'm so happy you guys liked Jane..none of my friends ever read it! I agree Anastasia..I'm down for petitioning! haha

message 19: by kate (new)

kate (katelucia) My bf's mom calls it a magazine for "sluts". Whooops. We agree on pretty much everything else; I love her to pieces. But I always hide my old Jane when she's around.

I kept looking for it stores and finally went to the website to see when they were coming out with a new issue. Ane then I was re-directed to Allure? Glamour? I can't remember which. I just knew I was upset.

message 20: by Bree (new)

Bree (breezybaby) | 144 comments I love Glamour, Elle, Vogue, and Cosmo. I don't buy all of them all the time but whatever cover looks the most interesting.

message 21: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Paste and Craft are my staple magazines! And sometimes I'll get People if it has someone I really like on the cover. Bust looks interesting.. I've been to their website before. And I just heard of a new one called MakerShed I think.. It's kinda like Craft. My truest love is Paste Magazine!!

I only read the local county-wide newspaper when I'm home on break. Otherwise I don't read the newspaper.

message 22: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Lynn..I LOVE Paste magazine.

message 23: by Molly (new)

Molly (slinkyxo) | 153 comments My other reading:

Glamour
Nylon
People

I read the newspaper sometimes.

Does anyone know of any good online newspapers?

message 24: by Allison (new)

Allison I love Lucky and Cosmo.

I'll have to check out BookMarks, it seems like one I'd love..

message 25: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Ooh..I never even saw that post. I'm going to have to check out BookMarks as well.

message 26: by Lianne (new)

Lianne (eclecticreading) | 71 comments I get The Economist in the mail every week (although I'm doing a bit of catch-up right now since I was so busy during my last few weeks of class). I also read National Geographic and The Writer from time to time but that's about it; my newspaper-reading has gone down considerably over the past year x\

message 27: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Another good thread to bring back up.

I started reading Modernism Magazine..not only because I work for them but because I've found an interest that I never knew I had!

I've been so bad with reading my Nylon magazines that I ended my subscription. It kills me..but I'm hoping to renew it soon!

message 28: by Lori (new)

Lori Walker Tell me about Modernism Magazine.

message 29: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 2140 comments I don't read a lot of newspapers or magazines. I usually read the news online, ksl is the local news. But I can subscribe to different newspapers and magazines on my nook, so I may start reading more.

message 30: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (kalypso) | 214 comments I rarely read the newspaper but I love National Geographic and Outside.