Outlander Series discussion

The Books > Written in my own Hearts Blood

Comments Showing 1-50 of 536 (536 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

message 1: by Cristina (new)

Cristina (Cristina_) | 38 comments Oh my! I'm sure you've all seen these...but apparantly DG released a couple of excerpts from Book 8 and they are FABULOUS! Now I really canna wait!

message 2: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments I think I've read them. Are they the start of the talk between John and Jamie, and one is an excerpt about Jemmy?

message 3: by Cristina (new)

Cristina (Cristina_) | 38 comments Yes, and also a conversation between Jamie and Claire, after Jamie talks with John. Also, DG has been tweeting lines from Book 8.

message 4: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments I didn't know she had a Twitter! What's her name?

message 6: by Jane (new)

Jane | 14 comments Where is the conversation between Jamie and Claire? I didn't see it on her website.

message 8: by Mirely (new)

Mirely (rumor_has_it) Hi! Just posting this link for some folks that couldn't find the Roger excerpt.

http://www.dianagabaldon.com/2011/08/...

message 9: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1356 comments OMG Mirely I havn't read that one! WOW so enlightening now I will be even more insane with my imagination on what will happen in book 8. Thanks for posting.

message 10: by Mirely (new)

Mirely (rumor_has_it) YW! Trust me when I say that I am having a hard time with this one. I mean WOW! You just know there will be a book 9 after reading that small bit.

message 11: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1356 comments I just didn't see that one comming at this point. I had wondered about that earlier in the series(like when Bree and Roger came through) but had kind of accepted that the time navigation would get them where they planned to be.

message 12: by Laura (new)

Laura | 47 comments Loved this excerpt!! I have been eagerly awaiting the confrontation on this:

Ye went to bed with John Grey.”
I frowned at him. “Well, no.”
His eyebrows rose.
“He told me ye did.”
“Is that what he said?” I said, surprised.
“Mmphm.” Now it was his turn to frown. “He told me he’d had carnal knowledge of ye. Why would he lie about such a thing as that?”
“Oh,” I said. “No, that’s right. Carnal knowledge is a very reasonable description of what happened.”
“But—“
“’Going to bed,’ though…for one thing, we didn’t. It started on a dressing table and ended—so far as I recall—on the floor. For another, that phraseology implies that we decided to make love to each other and toddled off hand in hand to do so, and that wasn’t what happened at all.”
He looked nonplused for a moment.
“What did happen?” he asked. Politely, but with a distinct edge.
I took a deep breath, then blew out my cheeks in a helpless gesture.
He growled. I looked at him, startled, having never heard such a noise from him before.
“Er…” I said cautiously. “What did John say? After telling you about the carnal knowledge, I mean?”
“He desired me to shoot him. And If ye tell me ye want me to shoot you rather than tell me what happened, I warn ye, I willna be responsible for what happens next.”

message 13: by Jen (at last!) (new)

Jen (at last!) (jenkeith) | 1052 comments Laura wrote: "Loved this excerpt!! I have been eagerly awaiting the confrontation on this:

Ye went to bed with John Grey.”
I frowned at him. “Well, no.”
His eyebrows rose.
“He told me ye did.”
“Is that what h..."

Eeeeeee! I canna wait!!! That is the one cliff hanger I'm most eager to read about(besides little Jem).

message 14: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments I actually tingled when it said he growled!!! God, I can not wait for that scene!

message 15: by Laura (new)

Laura | 47 comments I know!! Doesn't it make you love Jamie even more?! ::sighs happily:: I am so upset that we have to wait until 2013 though!

message 16: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments I don't think I could love Jamie more, lmao. BUT, it definitely definitely brings all those feelings bubbling really close to the surface.

message 17: by Carren (new)

Carren Kay | 953 comments I can just see them having this conversation! How does she (DG) do it?
I never want to wish time away, so I'll wait with baded breath for 2013.
The excerpts help, though.

message 18: by Leea, Escape Artist (new)

Leea | 1239 comments I would give anything to hear Jamie Growl at me *swoon*

I can't read this thread... it's just too hard. I'm so excited for our reread.

message 19: by Laura (new)

Laura | 47 comments Re-read? Starting when?!

message 20: by Leea, Escape Artist (new)

Leea | 1239 comments Reread Outlander in January (if you look at our home page, there it's up there) and then we are going one every other month. You should join us Laura?

message 21: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 345 comments Ohhh myyy...Jamie growling... I can't wait to hear it on the audiobook!!! I can't wait for the rest of the scene!! Thanks Laura and Cristina for those excerpts! *sigh* And also thanks Mirely for the Roger link! I've been dying to know Jamie's parents story - yay! Now we'll get to see Jamie as a kid :D

FUN - an organized reread! I'll be sure to join in.

message 22: by Sue (new)

Sue Erickson | 673 comments Love the growl!!

message 23: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments I could read that exerpt over and over. It's such a tease...

message 24: by Jen (at last!) (last edited Nov 01, 2011 07:51AM) (new)

Jen (at last!) (jenkeith) | 1052 comments Oh yeah, I've already read it 3x's. I can't get enough of Jamie! 2013 can't get here soon enough!! I'm excited about the re-read, too!

message 25: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments I am too, actually! Even though I've read Outlander so many times I still get excited every time I pick it up.

message 26: by Laura (new)

Laura | 47 comments And this today!!! Am I the only one that feels bad for William?

“But thee is tired, William, and thin,” she was saying, drawing a finger disapprovingly down the side of his face. “Do they not feed thee? I’d thought it was only the Continentals who went short of rations.”
“Oh. I—I haven’t had time of late.” The happiness that had lit William’s face while he talked with Rachel faded noticeably. “We—well, you see.” He waved an arm toward the invisible road, where the hoarse chants of the sergeants rang like the calling of disgruntled crows above the shuffle of feet.
“I do see. Where is thee going?”
William rubbed the back of his hand across his mouth, and glanced at Ian.
“I suppose he oughtn’t to say,” Ian said, coming across and touching Rachel’s arm, smiling at William in apology. “We’re the enemy, a nighean donn.”
William looked sharply at Ian, catching the tone of his voice, then back at Rachel, whose hand he was still holding.
“We are betrothed, William—Ian and I,” she said, gently pulling her hand out of his and putting it on Ian’s.

message 27: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments I do feel bad for him, so bad. just not bad enough that I want Rachel with him. I like her and Ian.

message 28: by Jen (at last!) (last edited Nov 01, 2011 03:46PM) (new)

Jen (at last!) (jenkeith) | 1052 comments Laura wrote: "And this today!!! Am I the only one that feels bad for William?

“But thee is tired, William, and thin,” she was saying, drawing a finger disapprovingly down the side of his face. “Do they not feed..."

Well, I'm happy that Young Ian has finally found happiness again. He's been through so much. He and Rachel are adorable.

William will get his happy ending, too. I know it. He just has a bit of growing up to do, first.

message 29: by Leea, Escape Artist (new)

Leea | 1239 comments Ian needs Rachel... He deserves to have love, family and a home full of children. I love Ian! William has a path but he's grown up with privilege and he can marry anyone he wants.

I agree Jen, William has a lot of growing up to do.

message 30: by Laura (new)

Laura | 47 comments I just really like William, I hope he does get a happy ending at some point!

message 31: by Sue (new)

Sue Erickson | 673 comments Laura I wrote about that today on Diana's FB page. I feel so bad for all William is having to go through. But I have faith that Diana will find happiness for him!

message 32: by Jen (at last!) (last edited Nov 01, 2011 06:29PM) (new)

Jen (at last!) (jenkeith) | 1052 comments I just think that William needs to see a little more of "real" life to mature him and open his eyes. He's been too cosseted and spoiled. He's uppity. This war will definitely do that. I think it will make a man out of him. If he can become half the man Jamie is he'll be fine. He's also had the good influence of Lord John as his stepfather. I think we'll all be sadly disappointed if he turns out to be a rotten egg.

I've always seen Fergus, Ian and even Roger Mac as the sons Jamie should have had. They truly reflect the man who has raised or influenced them.

message 33: by Sue (new)

Sue Erickson | 673 comments Well said Jen! :)

message 34: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments I've definitely always seen Fergus and Ian like Jamie's son's. Not necessarily Roger. For me, theirs seemed more like a special relationship born of mutual respect. I think in the end Jamie felt fatherly toward Roger, but it was different for what he felt for Fergus and Ian.

message 35: by Jen (at last!) (last edited Nov 01, 2011 06:47PM) (new)

Jen (at last!) (jenkeith) | 1052 comments Wendy F wrote: "I've definitely always seen Fergus and Ian like Jamie's son's. Not necessarily Roger. For me, theirs seemed more like a special relationship born of mutual respect. I think in the end Jamie felt..."

Yeah, I agree Wendy! That's why I said he's influenced Roger. :) I truly feel that by this point Roger Mac has become a son in Jamie's eyes. He didn't raise him, but they have become close due to many circumstances. Especially, that instance when (view spoiler).

Thanks, Sue!!

message 36: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments I loved that scene. You really see how close they got expecially now when (view spoiler).

message 37: by Jen (at last!) (new)

Jen (at last!) (jenkeith) | 1052 comments Wendy F wrote: "I loved that scene. You really see how close they got expecially now when [spoilers removed]."

I know!! Such great moments between those two men! I teared up when I read that part you mentioned. I love big, tough, sensitive men. :)

message 38: by Fawn (new)

Fawn | 404 comments I never get tired of these scenes. I just read them over and over and over again!

message 39: by Angela (new)

Angela (angelah110) | 40 comments Jen, Sinatra fan wrote: "Wendy F wrote: "I've definitely always seen Fergus and Ian like Jamie's son's. Not necessarily Roger. For me, theirs seemed more like a special relationship born of mutual respect. I think in th..."

I feel like Roger and Jamie's relationship was more as companions: they sought each others opinions often and admired each other as friends who grew to respect each other over time.

message 40: by Jen (at last!) (new)

Jen (at last!) (jenkeith) | 1052 comments All I know is I can't wait for this new installment! The wait is killer, but it will be well worth it.

message 41: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Diana's daily lines yesterday for Hearts Blood started with "[This is the sequel to AN ECHO IN THE BONE; I hope to finish it by the end of 2012. Yes, it does take me about three years to write one of the Big books; it always has.]" - so perhaps end of 2012 is still on the cards?

message 42: by Sue (new)

Sue Erickson | 673 comments 2012 sounds alot better than 2013!

message 43: by Jessica (new)

Jessica I know - it's nice saying "next year"!

message 44: by Sue (new)

Sue Erickson | 673 comments :)

message 45: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments Hmmm, I'm not getting my hopes up. She'll finish writing it at the end of 2012, but that's not necessarily the publication date.

I'm guessing mid 2013.

message 46: by Carren (new)

Carren Kay | 953 comments I'm with you, Wendy.

message 47: by Jen (at last!) (new)

Jen (at last!) (jenkeith) | 1052 comments I can handle mid 2013 if we spend all of 2012 reading 1-7! Although, it doesn't take me long to read one. I think a group read would help me stretch it out!

message 48: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments For sure! That's exactly why I was thinking we'd start in January.

message 49: by Jen (at last!) (last edited Nov 02, 2011 06:39PM) (new)

Jen (at last!) (jenkeith) | 1052 comments Grand thinking, Wendy! I can't wait! I'll get to crack open my 20th Anniversary edition. :)

message 50: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments I definitely have that too, along with a second signed hardback. I'll just be reading my paperback version though because I don't care how fast that wears out.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11