The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather | 26 comments I was online today and saw a link for GG season 8.
Just fans of course, but the stuff is actually pretty decent.
They seriouly wrote episodes(not quite as lengthy as originals were) and they've completed season 8, working on season 9.

I read the 1st episode and it seems like what would happen if GG were coming back.

Check it out.

http://virtualgilmore.squarepins.org/...

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann | 345 comments Oh my gosh! How cool! I'll have to check that out!!!

message 3: by Arctic (last edited Sep 23, 2008 08:20AM) (new)

Arctic | 571 comments I generally avoid fanfiction, but I'm going to read this. I really miss the show.

Thanks for the link!

oh and apparently season 9 "premieres" September 30.

message 4: by Gwynne (new)

Gwynne | 63 comments I was really skeptical about this at first. I am kind of in the mind set that we should leave let it be. But it's really entertaining. The dialog is obviously written by people who have watch the show to much, like most of us, so it's exactly how they talk. It's not the same thing, but I'm really enjoying reading it!

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmascout) Wasn't Gilmore Girls cancled because they couldn't support it! That's what I read, I guess I'll check.

message 6: by Grace (new)

Grace | 17 comments i thought that is was canceled due to contract issues between amy sherman palladino and the cw

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather | 26 comments Grace you're right. Once the show cancelled i seriously looked into it to see why. It was because ASP didn't transfer to the CW because of contract conflicts. Also, the girls' contracts still had one more year, which is why they finished it out with a Dave Rosenthal. I miss it though so these virtual episodes help!

message 8: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 76 comments I'm really enjoying the virtual episodes -- the writers have a better grasp of the characters than the season 7 "real" writers did!

message 9: by Dottie (new)

Dottie (oxymoronid) | 698 comments That gave me a chuckle for sure.

By the way, Meghan -- who's the one with their head stuck in the Blue Bell Ice Cream container in your profile pic? Makes me hungry for Blue Bell!

message 10: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 76 comments ha, that's my dog daisy. she loves ice cream, so sometimes i let her lick out the (nonchocolate variety) cartons when they're empty.

message 11: by Dottie (new)

Dottie (oxymoronid) | 698 comments We had a little terrior-poodle mix years ago who loved ice cream -- but strictly a vanilla pooch!

Blue Bell is just such scrumptious ice cream - yummy, yummy.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Interesting fanfiction, not a big fan of that genre but it's okay. curse that ASP! I miss my GGs.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

i want it. my precious...

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

that would be so awesomess...i like their names...i wanna name my girl lorelai rory leon...

message 15: by Neis (new)

Neis | 2 comments hey does anyone watch terminator : Sarah Conner Chronicles? well i was watching an episode where they are having a gathering in the center of town to remember people who died in a barn explosion. AND i thought the buildings and the town layout looked familiar and it was {of all places} Stars Hollow LOL well i just wanted to share, my little discovery hehe.. happy reading everyone :)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't know.. I read a couple of the episodes and while it is really nice to read and the dialogs seem like they are from Amy, the plot is pretty much fan-fiction. Everything seems a bit recycled.

[For those who intend to read it, spoiler!:]

How Rory quit her job and how she and everyone in town reacted towards it reminded me so much of how she was taking a sabbatical from Yale.
I was disappointed with the character developments before, but this ready just a bit.. weak.
I really don't want to talk this down because it is a really nice attempt, but it still just doesn't compare to the show.

message 17: by Julie (new)

Julie | 8 comments Neis wrote: "hey does anyone watch terminator : Sarah Conner Chronicles? well i was watching an episode where they are having a gathering in the center of town to remember people who died in a barn explosion. A..."

How about The Mentalist?? I know we're getting way off topic but the in season finale one of the main characters lived in Lorali and Rory's house. It was pretty amusing.

message 18: by Kay (new)

Kay (infiniteshelf) | 3 comments I'll have to read that! I just finish watching the series (again), so I'm really in the moon to read a Season 8!

Julie : I watched it, but I was distracted by the neighbors party! I'll watch it again with my man this week, I'll keep my eyes open for that!

message 19: by Julie (new)

Julie | 8 comments Kittykay wrote: "I'll have to read that! I just finish watching the series (again), so I'm really in the moon to read a Season 8!

Julie : I watched it, but I was distracted by the neighbors party! I'll watch it ag..."

It's the blind womans house, for the life of me I can't remember her name but it's painfully obvious when you see it. I just laughed when I saw it.

message 20: by Kali (new)

Kali (aloisia) I just read episode 8.01. It was pretty good. Not exactly like the show but I didn't expect that. It's good to read.

message 21: by Becky (new)

Becky Lu (crazy4rach2) | 8 comments Hmmm, so all those episodes were written by fans like us? Wow....they sure have LOTS of time on their hands. Didn't get to finish it. It got long after season 8.1....Glad they are for Lorelai and Luke continuing their relationship. What happens to Rory and Logan? Did anyone get that far?