YA Apocalyptic and Dystopian Fiction discussion

Archived > PA Bug-Out Bag

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

If all these books have taught me one thing, it's that the average post-apocalyptic landscape will not be kind the the average Joe.

What three items would you carry in your knapsack as you wander the desolate ruins of civilization?

1. Breathmints. It would really, really suck to meet other survivors only for them to not allow you to join their party due to personal hygiene.

2. A sword. A sword ON FIRE. Meets the needs of a weapon, and something to cook with.

3. Charmin. Pretty self-explanatory.

message 2: by Julie (last edited Jul 05, 2011 01:22PM) (new)

Julie Haha, good call on the flaming sword :) Three things are so hard to pick...

1. A lighter, for obvious reasons
2. Lots and lots of bullets for my handgun (my handgun will be out and ready at all times so it doesnt count as being in the knapsack) :)
3. A notebook and inkpen, unless I think of something more useful later

message 3: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Haha I love this thread!

1. I would want some kind of kick-ass weapon, like a kitana or something. And the skills to use it, obviously :)

2. Definitely a flint and the skills to use it.

3. And sorry to gross out any guys, but if I'm being realistic...tampons! haha :)

message 4: by Julie (new)

Julie Bethany wrote: "Haha I love this thread!

1. I would want some kind of kick-ass weapon, like a kitana or something. And the skills to use it, obviously :)

2. Definitely a flint and the skills to use it.

3...."

I was considering tampons myself :)

message 5: by Alli (new)

Alli Chin (allic) Whoa, I forgot about those. Thank you for reminding me! xD

message 6: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (ajlugo9) 1- Flint rocks (I also watch Man vs. Wild)
2- A Tarp or a Tent of some sort
3- An Archery set - I figure I could probably fashion replacement arrows out of tree limbs and the flint or some other sharp stone I might find, and I could both protect myself and feed myself with a bow and arrow!

This was a thought invoking thread!

message 7: by Summer, MIA since 2014 (new)

Summer (sunsset) | 49 comments Mod
1. A durable water bottle
2. A lighter, flint, or some other tool for starting a fire
3. Fishing pole, in case I'm absolutely horrible at hunting

Oh, this might be going over my limit, but I'd always carry my weapon in my hands, just in case.

message 8: by Kira (new)

Kira (chewablebook) | 3 comments Andrea wrote: "1- Flint rocks (I also watch Man vs. Wild)
2- A Tarp or a Tent of some sort
3- An Archery set - I figure I could probably fashion replacement arrows out of tree limbs and the flint or some other sh..."

Ha! I think this is pretty dead on for mine, as well.

message 9: by Tawna (new)

Tawna | 11 comments Three things:

Archery set for sure - quieter than a gun for stealth and you can improvise arrows

Knife or dagger - this would be for food reasons, close quarter fighting...etc.

Fire starting tool (flit rock, lighter, blow torch, flame thrower, ya know, whatever! lol)

---extra items would include a tarp, blanket, female products, wet wipes, hand sanitizer, peroxide, band-aids, durable water bottle, non-perishable food items.