Just Dance... discussion

Injuries

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alwaysforgive) | 9 comments Mod
Post any thing having to do with dance injuries or injury advice here.

message 2: by Alyssa (new)

I have been a pointe dancer for 3 years then this year I fractured 2 bones and broke another my doctor said I wouldn't be able to dance for a wile or maybe never again my heart was broken when I told my dance teacher she said she new I could still do it she says my feet are amazing and she wishes she had them (strange huh I thought that dancers feet were UGLY (from all the blisters and the beating you constantly give them)and I think she was the one who told me that) so now I have started dancing again but on my own having to work an rises and of course my ton-due considering where I hurt my foot so I haven't yet been able to go on pointe but I know I will soon but the problem was that in this time not only did I break my foot but I also moved from Nebraska to Oklahoma so now I have to find a new dance teacher I mean what teacher wants a student who may never be able to do pointe again though I really hope my doctor was wrong:( but I am young I'm only 14 so It's not impossible but as many dance related injuries as I have acquired over the years it a miracle that I can still dance.

Ok so to the question is between breaking my foot messing up my back and hip plus hurting my ankle in dance I have lost ALOT of flexibility over the years and can't seem to get it back any advice.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

awww..thats a good story! i hurt both my ankles and both of my knee and my toe and i could hardly dance for like a month i hated it! but my dance teachers helped me a lot!

message 4: by Alyssa (new)

ya i think I will still be able to dance but I just may not be able to do pointe

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

awww i hope u will be able to soon!!! it took me a while to get good at ponite again after i hurt my ankles and knees...but breaking something is worse....oh and i like your profile pic of the ponite shoes i got them blown up (but they aren't pink the pic is n black and white) and it say a dance quote it goes soemthing really nice about dance i forgot what it says when i read it again ill tell u. !!:))

message 6: by Alyssa (new)

hmmm

message 7: by Alyssa (new)

Well good news I am now dancing on pointe again I am sooooo happy.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Good!! When did you guys start pointe?? I started last January. I'm pretty good because my teacher pushes me to be the best. I'm not though becuase I'm the youngest in my ballet class and the oldest person is like 17 or 16. I'm in level 5. Last year I was in level 3 and I skipped right over level 4!!! I was happy!! I hurt my hip, my back, my knee is REALLY messed up, and kinda my other knee, I sprained both my ankles 3 years ago but they aren't better and my left foot is messed up. :) My birthday is tomorrow!

message 9: by 4BRI6577 (new)

4BRI6577 | 2 comments Alyssa wrote: "I have been a pointe dancer for 3 years then this year I fractured 2 bones and broke another my doctor said I wouldn't be able to dance for a wile or maybe never again my heart was broken when I to..."
cool story and i am positive that your a fantastic dancer