Challenge Overload (PNR and UF Edition) discussion

Book Chatter > Upcoming New Releases

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joyce (new)

Joyce Mannarino (joyce82270) | 100 comments Mod
I am patiently (maybe not so patiently) awaiting the release of One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress, #6) by Jeaniene Frost . What books are you waiting on that are releasing in the second half of 2011?

message 2: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. Well so far I've preordered: Eye of the Tempest (Jane True, #4) by Nicole Peeler , Aftermath (Sirantha Jax, #5) by Ann Aguirre Heart of Steel (Iron Seas, #2) by Meljean Brook Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires,#11) by Rachel Caine Death Magic (World of the Lupi #8) by Eileen Wilks One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress, #6) by Jeaniene Frost Home Improvement Undead Edition by Charlaine Harris Let it Bleed (WVMP Radio, #4) by Jeri Smith-Ready Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater Naked City Tales of Urban Fantasy by Ellen Datlow .

I didn't realize I had so many preordered until I started listing them!

message 3: by Lily (last edited Jul 06, 2011 09:39AM) (new)

Lily (lilithesque) Well, I am mostly a library girl, so I generally dont get books til they have been released for a month or so. I just finished quite a few I had been desperately waiting for, and the wait was worth it.

Deadline (****) This is really a great series. Dont let the Zombies put you off. It is a dystopian, political thriller with charicters you fall in love with and plots that leave you breathless. I would charicterize this my favorite series of the last couple years with only Stacia Kane' (Unholy Ghosts)Downside Ghosts series in anything close to compitition. Mira Grant is a pen name for the author Seanan McGuire. (think Late Eclipses).
Deadline (Newsflesh, #2) by Mira Grant

Speaking of Dystopian Zombie books, a new release that seemed to go under the radar that I totally enjoyed was Enclave by Ann Aguirre (think Grimspace or Shady Lady. This was a fresh somewhat original underground world of gritty survival and a little romance to boot.

Enclave (Razorland, #1) by Ann Aguirre ****

Just finished this morning another new release from a series I am totally hooked into, Defiance by Lilith Saint Crow (or Lili to the YA croud). She is one of my top five favorite UF authors. I enjoyed Dru's latest adventure. (***)

Defiance (Strange Angels, #4) by Lilith Saintcrow

Now I am cracking Shadow Walker a recent release.

Shadow Walker (Stormwalker, #3) by Allyson James

still waiting for
Hit List
Hit List (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #20) by Laurell K. Hamilton

Spectyr
Spectyr (Book of the Order, #2) by Philippa Ballantine

Ghost Story
Ghost Story (The Dresden Files, #13) by Jim Butcher

Magic Slays
Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5) by Ilona Andrews

Hunt the Moon
Hunt the Moon (Cassandra Palmer, #5) by Karen Chance

Hexed
Hexed (Iron Druid Chronicles, #2) by Kevin Hearne

among others.

message 4: by Joyce (new)

Joyce Mannarino (joyce82270) | 100 comments Mod
@Carolyn, your list is massive just for new releases.

@Lily, I have heard lots about Enclave (Razorland, #1) by Ann Aguirre . I am really looking froward to reading it.

message 5: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. I know Joyce, just don't tell my husband and everything will be okay. :)

Charlotte (Buried in Books) | 10 comments Well I've pre-ordered:

Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater The Deadliest Bite (Jaz Parks, #8) by Jennifer Rardin Envy (The Fallen Angels, #3) by J.R. Ward Succubus Revealed (Georgina Kincaid #6) by Richelle Mead The Darkest Surrender (Lords of the Underworld, #8) by Gena Showalter One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress, #6) by Jeaniene Frost Sympathy for the Devil by Justin Gustainis

message 7: by Lily (new)

Lily (lilithesque) Joyce wrote: @Lily, I have heard lots about Enclave (Razorland, #1) by Ann Aguirre. I am really looking froward to reading it."

It was awesome! Did you ever get to it?