Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

True Blood > Guess who's coming back to True Blood!

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) So what is he gonnah do. A radio broadcast from his concrete block. Lord I hope the don't let him out for some reason! Russell is a punk compaired to the original vampire King of Mississippi.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Im kind of done with the Russell storyline, he was starting to get a bit annoying to me. We will see how it goes, may be all right.

message 4: by Cassie Cruel (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) They says it;s supposed to be in the fifth series?

1) Are we having a fifth series?
2) It's far enough away to not think about it for a while LOL :P

message 5: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) Ah Russell needs to go. However as old and strong a vampire as he is. I bet he is strong enough to have one on his minions come chop him out of that concrete and give him blood.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) Well that concrete cell won't hold him forever. I mean, Eric managed to get out of it.

message 7: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) I think they put chains and cuffs and stuff on Russell who was pretty damaged looking. Bill just knocked Eric in and dumped concrete on him. I don't think he considered Eric's age. Eric sure made Bill look like a fool, and his lame,O explanation. I did it to protect Sookie so did not cut it.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) I don't think that cell would hold Russel indefinitely.

message 9: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) Why did they not just kill Russell?

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) yeah why didn't they? who knows, maybe they saw potential for him to come back.

message 11: by Angie (new)

Angie Erin wrote: "Im kind of done with the Russell storyline, he was starting to get a bit annoying to me. We will see how it goes, may be all right."

I am done with this story line too. There are so many other villains they could use.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) I feel he wasn't that much of a villain in the books. They made him more of a villain for the tv series. He became annoying in the tv series.

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) Russell is still alive (and King) in the books, right? I think I remember a scene with him in the book before last where he and Eric are having a conversation and he is ordering Eric around.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) Ummm I don't think so because there is a new King of Mississippi later on. They combined Louisana, Mississippi, and Nevada.

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) Yeah, but I thought Russell is the one who plotted to kill the Queen (ending up succeeding in a round about way) and became King of all regions. It's been a while since I've read them. Any clarification?

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) that was his plan but it failed

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) Okay, I'm confused. It failed because Sookie and gang spoiled it but I thought the Queen ended up dying later from her injuries. And Russell took over.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) The queen did die but he still failed in his plan.

message 19: by Susan (new)

Susan (susanbevans) The King of Nevada, Felipe de Castro, has Sophie Anne killed in order to take over Louisiana and Arkansas (From Dead to Worse).

Russell Edginton marries the King of Indiana in All Together Dead, but I don't think he has anything to do with Louisiana in the books.

message 20: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (emoonae) | 225 comments Susan wrote: "The King of Nevada, Felipe de Castro, has Sophie Anne killed in order to take over Louisiana and Arkansas (From Dead to Worse).

Russell Edginton marries the King of Indiana in All Together Dead, b..."

Ditto to that.

Also, I think that part of what y'all might be referring to is the book ( Definitely Dead , I think) where Sookie goes to New Orleans after Hadley's death and Sophie-Anne marries the King of Arkansas, Peter Threadgill, who is later killed by her creepy right-hand vamp, Andre.

message 21: by Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (last edited Jul 24, 2011 07:20PM) (new)

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) Oh, okay....I'm getting my Kings mixed up, LOL! But, Russell is still alive in the books as I recall, right?

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) I don't believe so.

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahmcq) I think Russell was still alive in the books.. at least that's what I recall... I could be wrong.

message 24: by Adria (last edited Sep 01, 2011 07:13PM) (new)

Adria | 80 comments Sarah wrote: "I think Russell was still alive in the books.. at least that's what I recall... I could be wrong."

Yes he was alive in the books, and he had nowhere as near a big of part as he did in the show. Sookie even saw him later in All Together Dead at the convention, and he wasn't even mad that she helped Bill escape and killed Lorena. And he got married to another King lol.

message 25: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly I wish everyone who has anything to do with the books AND the HBO show would just read our group discussions and go from there - HA!

message 26: by Adria (new)

Adria | 80 comments but you know how conversations can turn one things to another its not possible to keep its completely on topic lol.