Christian Readers discussion

51 views
Christian Author

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colleen (last edited Jul 08, 2011 02:36PM) (new)

Colleen Wait | 6 comments Hi, I'm an independent Christian author looking to connect with other Christian readers and authors. I can be found at:
http://colleenwaitwrites.blogspot.com
https://www.smashwords.com/profile/vi...
http://www.facebook.com/cewait


message 2: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments Hi I don't go to church either because I found out that to be born again and receive the Holy Ghost are both a physical experience. Ezekiel 36: 26-25-27 explains it.

You probably know that Paul was a false prophet and the God head is quadruple, but seperate instead of a trinity all in one. Baptism in water, sacraments, Rosery, are all a waste of time. St John 5:43 and 3:27


message 3: by Karen (new)

Karen I would love to check out your stuff Colleen when I am able to do it. thanks for letting us know.


message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen I liked your page on fb so I can follow your blog and other stuff from one source.


message 5: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Wait | 6 comments Karen wrote: "I liked your page on fb so I can follow your blog and other stuff from one source."

Thanks!!! Let me know what you think. - colleen


message 6: by Karen (new)

Karen will do.


message 7: by Tim (new)

Tim Young (tyoung) | 11 comments Quick Intro here, name is Tim Young and just recently published my first book titled, Heartstone. Have lots of mileage on the road of life and this is my story ;)

Check it out, would love your thoughts ;)

http://www.heartstonejourney.com/


message 8: by Karen (new)

Karen will do that. :)


message 9: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Wait | 6 comments Tim wrote: "Quick Intro here, name is Tim Young and just recently published my first book titled, Heartstone. Have lots of mileage on the road of life and this is my story ;)

Check it out, would love your tho..."


Welcome Tim!


message 10: by Karen (new)

Karen Your book looks superb btw Tim.


message 11: by Tim (new)

Tim Young (tyoung) | 11 comments Thank you Colleen and Karen ;)


message 12: by Tim (new)

Tim Young (tyoung) | 11 comments ‎"When I was eight," confesses Brennan Manning, "the impostor, or false self, was born as a defense against pain. The impostor within whispered, 'Brennan, don't ever be your real self anymore because nobody likes you as you are. Invent a new self that everybody will admire and nobody will know.'"

Its time to start living life as your authentic self! Read my story in Heartstone, a story of God's incredible Grace!

http://www.heartstonejourney.com/eSto...


message 13: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Wait | 6 comments Tim wrote: "‎"When I was eight," confesses Brennan Manning, "the impostor, or false self, was born as a defense against pain. The impostor within whispered, 'Brennan, don't ever be your real self anymore becau..."

I second that. My book, "Lessons Learned at Summer Camp" deals with that theme. I call it, taking off the mask.
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...


message 14: by Kay (new)

Kay Baker | 37 comments Hi Tim. Welcome. Very nice website. Will rad your book. My book "Sentenced to Life" is also my true story.

http://kaybaker.tateauthor.com


message 15: by Karen (new)

Karen Getting some great books and sites listed on here.


message 16: by Tim (new)

Tim Young (tyoung) | 11 comments Thanks Kay, I will definitely spend some time checking out your website. Takes courage to write your story ;)


message 17: by Kay (new)

Kay Baker | 37 comments Thank you Tim. I pray that those who read my story will be encouraged that we have a loving and forgiving God. God bless


message 18: by Tim (new)

Tim Young (tyoung) | 11 comments Amazon.com's "Look Inside!" feature is now enabled for Heartstone, check it out.


http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/14499...


message 19: by Karen (new)

Karen Will do. Thanks.


message 20: by Tim (new)

Tim Young (tyoung) | 11 comments I am giving away 5 copies of Heartstone! Enter now to win a copy :)

http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sho...


message 21: by Tim (new)

Tim Young (tyoung) | 11 comments If anyone is interested in purchasing a book, I am offering a discount to people in the Facebook Heartstone community. Go to the following Facebook page and click the 'Like' button.

https://www.facebook.com/heartstonejo...

Heartstone: A Journey out of the midnight of my soul


message 22: by Karen (new)

Karen :)


message 23: by Tim (new)

Tim Young (tyoung) | 11 comments There are no formulas with God. The way in which God heals our wound is a deeply personal process. (Wild At Heart) ...Read my story in Heartstone

Heartstone: A Journey out of the midnight of my soul


message 24: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments That is what you say that God has no formula: but what if He does have one? The creation of the earth and all that is in it took a formula as the ones in math. Except this time it is in words, but the words are in allogory parable form. The words are not ment for everyone that is why you haven't received the truth (Formula) so you say there is none. (Why speakest thou unto them in parables? because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. The formula is found in St John 3:5 Except a man be born of water (born again #3) and of the Spirit, (Holy Ghost) he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.


message 25: by Karen (new)

Karen Tim, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. If you haven't crossed his path before you may not know he is a babbler. I rejected him after 2 admonitions according to Paul. He is a heretic and will not be admonished. (The poster above me trying to draw disciples after himself.)


message 26: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Wait | 6 comments I for one think we should pray for babbler and all like him. These people are the one in 99 and should not be dismissed. Yes he is trying to lead us astray, however, he is a child of God and, with God all things are possible. Be wary, be not deceived.


message 27: by Kay (new)

Kay Baker | 37 comments I agree that we should pray for the babbler and all souls who are still unsaved. However, we should also be vigilant because the devil is constantly roaming the earth seeking who he can devour. Be encouraged, my brother, not everyone is a babbler. We Christians support each other and pray for each other that God will open the "eyes of our understanding" and give us revelation knowledge as to is for Him and who is against Him. Be blessed all my brothers and sisters in Christ.


message 28: by Tim (new)

Tim Young (tyoung) | 11 comments Regarding the "Man behind the curtain" aka "babbler"...wanted to share this post by Michael Hyatt that I believe hits the mark here. Check it out and let me know your thoughts :)

http://michaelhyatt.com/does-god-send...


message 29: by Kay (new)

Kay Baker | 37 comments I totally agree with Michael Hyatt. Just as God sends adversity in our lives to strengthen us and demonstrate our dependence on Him to help us overcome these challenges, He also sends negative people into our lives to teach us patient and teach us how to forgive. As a leader in church ministry I agree with Michael that you have to have a tough skin to endure all the negative comments from church members...their upset because you did not shake their hand, their upset because you did not return their call, etc...complain I think is the culture of our church today. Let's all practise patient and forgiveness.


message 30: by Tim (new)

Tim Young (tyoung) | 11 comments Nice commentary Kay, thanks for sharing ;)


message 31: by Kay (new)

Kay Baker | 37 comments You're welcome. Sorry for the typo:)


message 32: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments I assume I am the babbler no one mentioned my name or the one behind the curtain. Your common sense should tell you there is something wrong with the religious community. Which one of theses religions are right? Moslem, Buddhism, Morman, Catholic, all the protestant churches, with there different doctrines, and bibles, Hindu, and you call me a babbler.

At least I am in good company I hope the company you keep will help you on judgement day. St John 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honor one of another, and seek not the honor that cometh from God only? St Mark 3:21 And when his friends heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said, He is beside himself. (babbler)

St John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do, he was a murder from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him, When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. (babbler)


message 33: by Kay (new)

Kay Baker | 37 comments Hi Tim,
Could you give me your email address? Contactme through my website
http://kaybaker.tateauthor.com
I would to run something by you.

Thanks. God bless


message 34: by Karen (new)

Karen Tim I will check out the link you put on here.


message 35: by Karen (new)

Karen I also will admit babbler may not be the best word. And apologize for that. Heresy is heresy though. My stand is on Jesus Christ alone. My judgement was put on his cross alone. My judgement and sin fell on him Isiah 53. I am a sinner saved through his blood, life and death alone so I am in him and trust him to work to good any failings I may demonstrate. Romans 8:28. I stand by his power and am unafraid. His perfect love casts out any fear I would have from judgement.


message 36: by Kay (new)

Kay Baker | 37 comments Well said, Karen. I pray the Lord continue to strengthen you and maifest His good works through you. God bless you.


message 37: by Karen (new)

Karen Thanks Kay and you also sister.


message 38: by Mickey (new)

Mickey Mullen (mrmullenvcncom) | 655 comments There is no kind way to tell someone the truth. I don't read any thing from The Acts thru Jude. Could Satan deceive all the nations without being part of the Bible? I don't think so. St John 5:43 (It couldn't be written any plainer it is written about Paul who all the preachers love dearly) I am come in my Father's name,(Jesus)and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.(Paul)

Satan is in charge of all the churches. Isaiah 14:13-14 ---I (Lucifer) will sit also upon the mount(all) of the congregation, (Churches)

God only sees those that are diligently seeking salvation, He said He is the door. That is what happened to me. I went to an Alter inside a protestant church but was saved afterward at a gasoline service station. St John 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

The Holy Ghost is a Spirit but seperate from the other spirit, therefore the God head is quadruple instead of a trinity and each is seperate but subject to God that created them. Ezekiel 36:26-25-27 explains what it means of being born again and receiving the Holy Ghost. To be born again is physical (new heart) and Holy Ghost is a spirit that you receive in your mouth and it goes down your throat as it did Jesus in St Matthew 3:16. The Holy Ghost never lighting upon him: (That is a mistake in the Bible)


message 39: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Foster (elizabeth12345) | 1 comments I just published my first book and it's called "The Perfect Gift" and I'm looking for any advice you can give on marketing and advertising.

http://www.periscope-llc.org/

Thanks in advance.



The Perfect Gift


message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "I just published my first book and it's called "The Perfect Gift" and I'm looking for any advice you can give on marketing and advertising.

http://www.periscope-llc.org/

Thanks in advance. ..."



Elizabeth, that is the $64,000 question when it comes to marketing and advertising. Frankly, I don't know of any author that has it figured out. I blog about the shifting tide in the market, along with promotion and all the problems and obstacles author's face.

http://allonbooks-thekingdomofallon.b...


message 41: by Kay (new)

Kay Baker | 37 comments Elizabeth, I agree with Shawn. When I wrote my book I thought that was the hard part. Apparently that was the easy part of authoring. The hard part is the marketing and promoting. You just have to be diligent in sending out press releases. Be persisten, follow up if you don't hear back and always have something new in your follow-up pitches. I personally do not like book signings because it is a total waste of time (sitting for 4 hours at least and selling one or 2 books) unless you are already a celebrity. However, book signing in conjunction with an event does give good results. Just my input.


message 42: by Tim (new)

Tim Young (tyoung) | 11 comments If anyone is interested, my recently published book Heartstone is now available on Kindle.

http://www.amazon.com/Heartstone-Jour...

Heartstone A Journey out of the midnight of my soul by Tim Young


message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Kay, you're right about linking events and signings. I attend book festivals, community fairs, and home school conventions. Those are the best form of promotion, personal contact with face-to-face dialogue.


message 44: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Horton | 30 comments Hello Everyone.

I just posted a trailer for my latest novel, THE LAST PROPHET, a fictitious story about the end of days, as told from the perspective of one of the two prophets, or witnesses, mentioned in Chapter 11 of the book of Revelation. I tried to be as faithful to God's word as possible.

There is a nice five-star review here on Goodreads about it (http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...), if you're interested. If you like it, I hope you will tell your friends about it as well!

Here is the link to the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIXH_-....


message 45: by Kay (new)

Kay Baker | 37 comments Thanks Jeff. Will check it out.


message 46: by Karen (new)

Karen Jeff wrote: "Hello Everyone.

I just posted a trailer for my latest novel, THE LAST PROPHET, a fictitious story about the end of days, as told from the perspective of one of the two prophets, or witnesses, ment..."

Have just started it Kay.


message 47: by Kay (new)

Kay Baker | 37 comments Watched the video(s). Sounds interesting.

BTW, my book "Sentenced to Life" is now available in Kindle version at Amazon.com

http://kaybaker.tateauthor.com


message 48: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Horton | 30 comments Kay wrote: "Watched the video(s). Sounds interesting.

BTW, my book "Sentenced to Life" is now available in Kindle version at Amazon.com

http://kaybaker.tateauthor.com"


Thanks, Kay! Sentenced to Life looks interesting. It's based on a true story?


message 49: by Karen (new)

Karen :)


message 50: by Kay (new)

Kay Baker | 37 comments Yes, it is actually based on my personal story. Really interesting read.


back to top