Quilt, Read, Eat, Sleep.... What Else Is There? discussion

What are you reading right now? > Perfect summer book!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Peter (new)

Peter Medley | 2 comments The Perfect Deceit

An intriguing and fascinating book on how countries vie against each other to be top dog on the world stage. Spies, double agents, love triangles -- it’s all in a day’s work for super spy Alexey! In today’s interconnected world, this book gives an interesting perspective on how much competition goes on behind the scenes with ambitions and stakes running high. Hearts are broken and for some power is gained.

Illuminating book on the espionage sphere. Lots of mind games involved. Great book with high drama. Makes for a perfect summer read!

message 2: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathrynh) I read this last summer, but when I read the title I remembered how much I enjoyed this little gem of a book

Summer at Tiffany by Marjorie Hart

I found this book last summer. I was browsing through a magazine and there was a picture of a bedside table with a stack of books on it and this was one of them. I love when that happens, something just shows up without even looking!

message 4: by Judy (new)

Judy Iliff (JudyI) | 301 comments Mod
I enjoyed Summer at Tiffany, too, Kathryn.

One of my favorite this summer was The Beach Trees

message 5: by Tanya (new)

Tanya #TeacherReader | 90 comments Anything by Elin Hilderbrand! You will feel like you are on Nantucket.

message 6: by Craftnut (new)

Craftnut The Irresistible Blueberry Bakeshop and Cafe - review on my blog - http://frommycarolinahome.wordpress.c...

message 7: by Kit (new)

Kit I loved both Irresistible, and anything by Elin Hilderbrand. I recently finished Apart at The Seams. It was as good as the last five. The series is well worth reading. I highly recommend it.

message 8: by Craftnut (new)

Craftnut Marie Bostwick is one of my favorites too, Kit. Loved all her books.

message 9: by Cheryl S. (new)

Cheryl S. | 161 comments Just read "The Goldfinch" for my regular book club and "I Am Malala" for my memoir club.

message 10: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 66 comments Have just finished The Villa which was a delightful light read with a setting in Sicily. Three generations of women (tho to be honest I didn't 'believe' in the 18 yr old who was actually more of a 15/16 yr old)

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth8921) | 92 comments Just found An Elm Creek Quilts Sampler. (Chiaverini first three books) I have read them quite before but thought how fun to get me inspired for the Summer when quilting seems to take a backseat to other projects.

Also reading "Somewhere Inside". It is the story of Laura Ling ( Lisa's sister) being captured by the North Koreans. They were not even in North Korea territory.
Fascinating book! Somewhere Inside One Sister's Captivity in North Korea and the Other's Fight to Bring Her Home by Laura Ling

message 12: by Kit (new)

Kit Thanks for the recommendation on Somewhere Inside: One Sister's Captivity in North Korea and the Other's Fight to Bring Her Home. I just picked it up at the library. Hope to start reading in the next couple of days. Also got a copy of The From-Aways and Stitch It, Craft It, Create It Now: 70 Quick & Easy Handmade Projects.