We Love Books! discussion

General > Perfect summer book!

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Peter (new)

Peter Medley | 1 comments The Perfect Deceit

An intriguing and fascinating book on how countries vie against each other to be top dog on the world stage. Spies, double agents, love triangles -- it’s all in a day’s work for super spy Alexey! In today’s interconnected world, this book gives an interesting perspective on how much competition goes on behind the scenes with ambitions and stakes running high. Hearts are broken and for some power is gained.

Illuminating book on the espionage sphere. Lots of mind games involved. Great book with high drama. Makes for a perfect summer read!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I think the perfect summer book (especially for this summer) would definetly be "Forever" by Maggie Steifvater! "Forever" is the third and final book in the "Wolves of Mercy Falls Trilogy"! It comes out July 12, 2011!

message 3: by Mal (new)

Mal (malxox) Agreed!!

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily (fieryxoxofeisty) | 2 comments this lullaby by sarah dessen makes me think of summer (mainly because it's set in the summertime)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm reading "Forever" (by: Maggie Steifvater, "Wolves of Mercy Falls" trilogy book #3) as i mentioned above! i was right about it being the best summer book ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 6: by Kait (new)

Kait is in love with One Direction! | 103 comments My perfect summer book would probably be any book in the "Pretty Little Liars" series! I'm only on the 3rd book but I finished the second one while on a road trip to visit colleges and I was so sad when it ended! MUST READ BOOK SERIES!!! Also, the TV series is equally as great!

message 7: by Littlecloud (new)

Littlecloud | 66 comments Mod
@Kait- I saw the first couple episodes with a friend and older sister. But the friend's mom thought it wasn't appropriate (even though she's fine with things that are much worse) so we didn't get far... I'll eventually read them, I think. Better now than never!

message 8: by Kait (new)

Kait is in love with One Direction! | 103 comments Littlecloud wrote: "@Kait- I saw the first couple episodes with a friend and older sister. But the friend's mom thought it wasn't appropriate (even though she's fine with things that are much worse) so we didn't get f..."

HAHA!!! im on the third book in the series ans=d its AMAZING!!!

message 9: by Littlecloud (new)

well then I guess I've gotta read it, too. I will beat you at ALL! (yeah right you're better than me at everything >.<)

message 10: by Kait (new)

Kait is in love with One Direction! | 103 comments haha! not everything... lol

message 11: by Littlecloud (new)

Name one thing I'm better than you at. I DARE you.

message 12: by Kait (new)

Kait is in love with One Direction! | 103 comments WRITING!!!

message 13: by Littlecloud (new)

Really? And how do you know... just wonderin

message 14: by Kait (new)

Kait is in love with One Direction! | 103 comments mrs thelke's class book!

message 15: by Littlecloud (new)

oh yeah. I reread the poems in there- and I realized that I've gotten better since I wrote them...

message 16: by Littlecloud (new)

Aren't I modest? hehe not

message 17: by Kait (new)

Kait is in love with One Direction! | 103 comments haha! its good to b conceded sometimes!!! :D

message 18: by Littlecloud (new)

My little sister is like that (she's 5 and a half). She galks in front of the mirror and says "I look like I'm six. -no. I look like I'm eight!" LOL

message 19: by Kait (new)

Kait is in love with One Direction! | 103 comments haha!!! :D

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

hey i think ill read the "Pretty Little Liars Series" 2! and how did i no u wud say this, Kait?!
by the way, if u do get the 1st season 4 ur bady, we r still goin 2 watch them rite?

and sup Littlecloud?

message 21: by Kait (new)

Kait is in love with One Direction! | 103 comments SHUSH YEAH!!!

message 22: by Littlecloud (new)

Sup Ela! Omg I've gotta go charge mah phone now ^.^ random thought

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

nm Littlecloud, nm. and u do need 2 charge ur fone.....

but u peeps need 2 keep in mind that u kinda hav 2 talk bout stuff that everyone can relate 2......

but no one is sayin anything so wat the....um..... heck rite?

message 24: by Kait (new)

Kait is in love with One Direction! | 103 comments lol u start a convo...

message 25: by Littlecloud (new)

???

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

hav any of u read th hunger games books? r they good?

message 27: by Kait (new)

Kait is in love with One Direction! | 103 comments no but i wanna! didnt we have this convo already tho?

message 28: by Littlecloud (new)

The Hunger Games books are awesome, are you KIDDING ME??? haven't you even lived, Ela? No offense, but 2/3 of like everyone has read them

message 29: by Frostfire (new)

Frostfire | 20 comments the hunger games are good, but the author didn't take them to the level she should have to really make them memorable. It was basically another sappy love story with a weird plot line. The characters needed more developing.

message 30: by Kait (new)

Kait is in love with One Direction! | 103 comments ooooo ok

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

The Hunger Games are opkay, but definetly not something I would rush to buy if another book would happen to come out. (Even though I know there won't be any more books; just useing an example.)

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) Those books are popular again now that the movie is out. I like the Sookie Stackhouse series or the Stephanie Plum series.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Jayme(the ghost reader) wrote: "Those books are popular again now that the movie is out. I like the Sookie Stackhouse series or the Stephanie Plum series."

IKR?!

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) I K R-stand for I know right?

message 35: by Kait (new)

Kait is in love with One Direction! | 103 comments @Jayme(the ghost reader) yeppp ikr stands 4 i know right