What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. I am trying to figure out the title and/or author of a romance novel from the 1980's.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2 comments I read this book almost 18 years ago. It belonged to my Grandmother, and when she passed away and helped clean out her house, I was unable to find it.
The story I remember is this: A woman with red hair during colonial days was kidnapped by a native american tribe. She befriends a man who lives with the tribe and later falls in love with him. She is later set free, after she has fallen in love with the man. He later finds her home and romances her. They end up getting married and having a child in the end. I am thinking it was a baby girl because they give it a native american name for sunshine or sunrise.Something like that.
I am so sorry my details are vague, but I haven't read this book in 18 years. I would love to find it and have a copy because it brings back fond memories of my Grandmother. Please help me! Thanks!

message 2: by Laura (last edited Dec 10, 2012 06:51AM) (new)

Laura (ellbeecee) | 9 comments I know this is an old query, but on the off chance that Sarah is still around:

I'm not sure that this is it, but the first book that comes to mind is Autumn Ecstasy, by Pamela K. Forrest, but with a 1990 publication date, it may be a little too recent.

message 3: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 614 comments it could be an old Connie Mason - she had a whole series of books about native americans kidnapping/rescuing women - depending on the storyline

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39249 comments Mod
Sarah, are you still looking for this book?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39249 comments Mod
No response. Moving to Abandoned.