Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

True Blood > Season 4/ Episode 2: "You Smell Like Dinner"

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica `~Blahyze~` (last edited Jul 04, 2011 11:18PM) (new)

Jessica  `~Blahyze~` SO much of a step up from the first episode of this season in my opinion which I am really happy about. I was pretty deflated after how it started, I didn't think I was going to like this season but now my hopes have been restored. I can't wait for next weeks! Hello Eric!

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashnphx) Loved the ending, heres hoping it stays close to the fourth book b/c its all ERIC.

Jessica  `~Blahyze~` I so agree with you. I want lots of Eric and I want it now haha :P

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) Eric is so overrated. The only thing I liked about the book is that he was actually acting human.

message 5: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) I am confussed. In the book Sookie see's the real Eric in book 4. How he would be without his lust for power and deception. Bill is always loyal and probably the closest to Bubba who lives on Bills land allot. Which is covienient because he can look out for Sookie. Eric and Bubba are crucial to the final battle of the witch wars, and the freedom of Eric. Who immediately returns to himself, LOL. What I am wondering is that Ball is going to make things all wierd. I think he is going to link Bill up to the witches. As in he has used them in a plot to get rid of Eric. Eric was so funny with his commical obesence to Bill with a funny roll of his hands.

message 6: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 471 comments Mod
This episode was very entertaining and confusing.

I am glad that they didn't cut out the part of the books where Eric is nice and him and Sookie get together. I thought it was funny how they decided to turn Jason into a were. Wow!

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan (susanbevans) What does everyone think of Jason's storyline? Do y'all think he'll end up as a half-n-half were-panther as he was in the books or a full were-panther? I am thinking they will make him a full because it seems easier to film and more "believable" - if that's a good word for it, LOL!

message 8: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) Well lets face it the wolfman is a hollywood creation of half man/half wolf. It is very lousy. As soon as the witches are wiped out. Balance will be restored. The Were panthers are beautiful. But just a little to many were animals for Bon Temps. They should have had Jason turn into a were wolf. Or just stay human. ♥ Cary

message 9: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) I am confused with Jason's storyline. They made Crystal so frickin crazy. I thought she was supposed to be clueless on Jason's abduction?

I like panthers (so much stronger than wolves) and kinda sad that the werepanther were depicted so unlikable in the TV series. At least book Calvin is not bad.

message 10: by Susan (new)

Susan (susanbevans) I agree, Silvana. I think it has been a mistake to make the were-panthers v-addicts. The whole Hot Shot kerfuffle is just so sad - they were depicted as strong and family oriented (no pun intended) in the books, but the show has made them into sorry jokes, and I for one am not laughing.

message 11: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) Well the worst was they made the panthers Trailer Trash. In the book they lived in an isolated little crossroads community way in the boonies. Which made it hard to get fresh blood, and avoid inbreeding. In TB the were panthers are beautiful black leopards. Which makes sense as I have never heard of a black lion. I just think Charlaine made on to many types of were animal. In the book the were panthers at least had Calvin a respectable leader. Instead of a couple crazy younng kids with no control or society. In the book the were panthers are just a bunch of lost children without a culture. Maybe Jason can give them that.

message 12: by Lacey (last edited Jul 07, 2011 08:56AM) (new)

Lacey (spinner26) | 58 comments I have no clue which direction the Eric storyline is going to go. When he said something about her smelling so good, it freaked me out a little bit. I don't think we are going to see an Eric that Sookie completely trusts. It seems she may be more apprehensive when he starts sleeping in the hidey-hole he has already (conveniently) built in her house.

I think I'm starting to appreciate more and more the fact that the show is a separate entity than the books. I don't know what is going to happen, and it is all new. There is really no point in comparing them any more.

message 13: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) The show began to diverge from the books with Lafayette. However it was good. Now it't getting pretty crazy. I don't think Sookie has anythng to worry about concerning Eric. I just hope King Bill is not in leage with the witches.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) I don't think he is in league with the witches. He sent over a spy so I don't think think he is.

message 15: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) Bill sent over a spy or maybe someone to make sure things were going as he had planed them. At this point it's hard to tell. In the books Eric or Bill would never betray the other in some serious matter. Sookie is different. All is fair in love, and war.

message 16: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (melluvs2smile) | 1 comments I just love the fact that I get two experiences for the price of one......the books are Charlaine's "take" on her stories and the TV series is another persons "take" on the story if they'd wrtitten it! I enjoy both and find it a unique experience to NOT have one perfectly follow the other. It's refreshing the whole story for me and taking me on a different journey.......I'm loving the ride so far! Thanks Charlaine and Allan.

message 17: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) The rewritting of the story line has worked out well for the most part. It would be to predictable if it was like the books. Some stories like Dracula for instance I would want just like the book as you could get. But for a series like this. With so much material to cover. You really have to change it around.

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (emoonae) | 225 comments Nicole wrote: "This episode was very entertaining and confusing."

Agreed. I liked it, but I can't quite put my finger on why. Also, I'm wondering what the Inquisition has to do with anything, unless (in TB world) the witches were the victims and vampires the inquisitors.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) That could be. I wouldn't outrule that.

message 20: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) I think what Eric meant about the inquistion was what humans did to the witches or anything demonic. The Inquisition of 1495 was mostly about heresy and true belief in the catholic church. TrueBlood storyline moves so fast I have to watch an epsiode a couple three times to get it all. So Bill has been hooked up with Nan for a long time. I am a Bill fan so I loved it. When Nan pronounced him King of Louisiana. I hope Bills is a good King and helps Eric like in the book. Those were panthers are one kinky trashy bunch. Sheriff Andy if just dumber than dirt. But it's still lots of fun, and the best show on television. ♥