Angels and Fallen Angels discussion

Author's Corner > Q&A with Charlotte Featherstone author of FALLEN ANGELS; THE WATCHERS: DARK AWAKENING

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colleen (new)

Colleen | 432 comments Mod
Hi Everyone,

Here you can ask questions for Charlotte Featherstone author of Fallen Angels: The Watchers: Dark Awakenings.

Fallen Angels The Watchers Dark Awakening (The Watchers, #1) by Charlotte Featherstone

message 2: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Featherstone | 5 comments Hi! I forgot I was supposed to head over here and introduce myself. My name is Charlotte and I write steamy historical romance for HQN and Harlequin Spice. The Watcher series, is a contemporary series, and I wrote them while I was trying to break into the big leagues with NY publishing houses.

Angels, and the dark fallen variety have always been fascintating to me, and I wrote the Watchers at time when Vampire were were really getting huge. I wanted something different, another paranormal being to write about, so I chose the angels.

These are short little novellas, because at the time NY was not interested in angels, and epubs were looking for shorter works. I would have loved to have made them full length, but the truth was, no one wanted a long work about angels. So the watchers became a short little serial. the last book was never written because I landed a few contracts, with too many deadlines, and not enought time to write more angels books.
I do have a short historical about a good angel,and a fallen angel fighting over a mortal woman. It is releasing wtih Spice, so it will be historical and steamy! I hope readers like steamy!
thanks for letting me stop by here!

message 3: by Colleen (new)

Colleen | 432 comments Mod
Charlotte wrote: "Hi! I forgot I was supposed to head over here and introduce myself. My name is Charlotte and I write steamy historical romance for HQN and Harlequin Spice. The Watcher series, is a contemporary ser..."

Thanks so much Charlotte for being here and being available to your fans :)

message 4: by ᑭᑌᑎƳᗩ [Punya Reviews...] (last edited Jul 07, 2011 01:00PM) (new)

ᑭᑌᑎƳᗩ [Punya Reviews...] (sadeyes) | 24 comments Charlotte wrote: "I would have loved to have made them full length, but the truth was, no one wanted a long work about angels. So the watchers became a short little serial. the last book was never written because I landed a few contracts, with too many deadlines, and not enought time to write more angels books."

So that's what happened! Ms. Featherstone, honestly you should write a full-length novel or do a series on angels/fallen angels. In The Watchers series, both Gadriel and Anael was so good to read, I didn't want them to end so soon. Also, I was interested in other two angels. Would the last book be out anytime soon? I know you're working on other series, still...

message 5: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Featherstone | 5 comments Sorry to be so late in answering your question, Punya.
So to be honest, I would love to write a full length novel, but at present my current publishers is not interested in having my writing go that route, and once you are pubbed in NY, the cotracts have options clauses, so for the near future, I will not have any angel books out.
Sorry.
However, I do write erotic contemporaries under the name Sophie Renwick. The series is The Immortals of Annywn, and the series is based on the Celtic underworld, but there is a main characters in the series. It is unknown whether he is a good guy or bad guy, and his name is Suriel, and he is a fallen angel. Velvet Haven (Annwyn Chronicles, #1) by Sophie Renwick is the first book in that series, and Suriel is a big prescence in that series.

ᑭᑌᑎƳᗩ [Punya Reviews...] (sadeyes) | 24 comments Thank you Ms. Featherstone. I'm just too glad to have answers from the author herself, so take your time! :) I've read about your pen name Sophie Renwick. Though I'm not much into contemporaries these days, I'll try to get the books. :)